Sunday, November 27, 2005

Time Marches On...

I am getting used to being $39.95 plus shipping & handling.  Oh yeah, and I am now officially in love with Hadon who left me a comment and said that he saw my picture and I don't look a day over $19.95 - yes, I am officially smitten.

Thanksgiving was wonderful.  K had a fabulous dinner for all, the turkey was the moistest I ever remember having and all the sides were unique and tasty!  It was so nice not having to be the one doing anything for the day, just showing up as a guest.  I have not had the pleasure of doing that on a major holiday, so this was a real treat. 

Thank you K, sister of my heart, you are the best!

And, you had Pumpkin Muffin stay with from Thanksgiving until yesterday which she loved!  Thank you, again!

Black Friday the boys, hubby, and myself slept in late and then went to a late breakfast at a nearby diner.  It was yummy!  Then we went to join in the usual tradition of that day....shopping! 

It took 2 stores, and a huge sale, but Hubby bought me my belated birthday present, a treadmill.  I need one that will go completely flat, so it does not put any stress on my knees due to the RA and I need good side rails to help me stabilize since my ankles are bad.  The treadmill I have had my eye on for a long time was half price at the second store, so we snatched it up!  It has a fan built in, great side rails, drink cup holders, a book holder, pulse thingy and all kinds of stuff!  I love it!  I did a mile on it on Friday and Saturday.  Today I am resting.

We also decided to get the boys their snowboard equipment for the season.  To rent it now for the whole season is a lot cheaper than to do it at each ski resort, plus this saves lots of time.  This is an early Christmas present for them, also.  The store was brand new and no one has ever rented these boots or boards before, a nice plus!

Yesterday, K brought back the Pumpkin Muffin and came to visit!  The baby is getting so big!  At first, he was put off by using our potty, but then he did!  YAY!  We all went out to dinner to 'officially' celebrate my birthday, it was really nice.  The restaurant is in our town and we were able to get our favorite waitress!!!  It was her birthday on Thanksgiving!  lol

Today, hubby is working on finishing the basement.  He is installing new windows and finishing up the floor installation.  We insulated and raised the floor so it wouldn't be cold.  Next, he will start framing it out and one of our friends is going to help with the electric.  I can't wait until it is done!

I spend the last hour or so helping Fuzzy with a school project!  He is doing a country report and each month is a different part of the project.  This was a slogan and travel poster.  His slogan is 'Canada, Come to the Wild Side!'  I helped him draw a brown bear and a moose and he colored them in and jazzed up the poster.  It looks great!  Hopefully, another A!!!  lol

That is about all that is going on in the world of the Princess right now.  Wednesday, is when I go to NYC for the new med interview and pre-testing.  I will keep everyone posted on that.  My hands have been pretty sore, so I am ready for some help!

Fingers crossed on that front! 

Oh yeah, I am going to try to get the bulk of holiday shopping done this week and next, wish me luck!  I am so late this year!  Yikes!

Be well,
Dawn

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard you folks might be getting some bad weather soon. Glad to hear that you got your husband to work on the Christmas Lights already. 48 degrees is a good temperature. It sure is a lot better than going out to do it with a wind chill of -05. I hope you enjoy this whole holiday season. I'll bet the Malls are packed by now. My Regards, Bill.

Anonymous said...

what a delightful weekend you seemed to have had, Dawn; that is awesome! I have a treadmill, maybe not quite as fancy as the one you have, but I just love it especially because I can exercise no matter what the weather is doing outside. Enjoy it!

Good luck at your appt this week; will be waiting to hear an update about it and the new medicine.

Also, good luck with getting your shopping done. I'm doing okay with it because I'm simplifying this year and enjoying every minute of it :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Not fair, I want to see a picture of you too !  Your shopping day sounded great and without stress!!!!
Take care Princess!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Good luck in finishing your shopping. I haven't even started yet :( Hope everything goes well wednesdat at the docs:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Christmas shopping? Ugh! Haven't even started yet. Good luck at the doctors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you:-)~
Best Wishes,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday dear!  That treadmill sounds like the cadillac of machines!  Does it vacuum and do the laundry too lol?
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Dawn, on getting it all done? I hope you come through in one piece!
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Wow! $19.95?

:P


Happy Holidays!

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good holiday weekend. " )

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hadon. $19.95 for sure! Plus, a *beautiful* smile!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

whoah! (trying to reign in your cart and horses and Mine too!
Good luck shppoing!
natalie

Anonymous said...

See, I told you, you look great !!!!!!!!!!!!
(((HUGS)))