Here is my new blog at blogger:
Come visit! I am transferring this blog, but only as an archive.
NO NEW POSTS WILL BE ON THIS ARCHIVE.
Well, my hips don't lie. They hurt. They ache. They are mad at my rheumatologist.
Thursday, during my appointment, she decided to give my hips a vigorous exam.
By 6:30 pm that evening, I put on my pj's and have only been out of them once since!
I am not going to belabor the pain here though.
Thank you very much for all your support. Your comments and emails have meant so much over the last week. I am determined that this week I will get back to commenting in your journals, too.
Focusing on giving back may help me get through this all!
Of course, the kids are off Tuesday and I have to go for bloodwork at 8am, making the week interesting! LOL
Speaking of the kids, they are doing well. Fuzzy and Pumpkin are both doing great in school. Hammer is doing well with homeschooling.
Fuzzy was elected Senior Patrol Leader for his Scout troop. Basically, he is the head scout and has many responsibilities as such. He also ran for VP of the Student Council, but he lost to a friend, and was very gracious in defeat. Good experiences, both.
Can you believe that it will be October this week?
Wow... the time... she flies...
There are a few reasons I haven't posted much... this is one of them. No one wants to listen to this all the time, I know I don't...
I am just so frustrated with this stupid disease (s).
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus.
I have this amazing group of people that I email loop with and some of them have been dealing with these diseases, one or both for more than 20 years... I can't believe they haven't lost their minds after so long... some days I feel like I will.
The whole low pressure/rain/storm thing combined with the stress of the beginning of school (I guess) sent me into a flare. I just want it to end and it won't. I am tired, cranky and in so much pain. I do take the vicodin... not steadily, but I take them... a half here, a half there, a whole one in the evening... etc.
I am going to see about getting duragesic patches and the voltaren patches when I go to the rheumy tomorrow. They send the pain meds directly to the source. If I could kill the pain in my hip, it would be great...it hurts when I sit, stand, lay... ack.
That's another thing... I am DREADING tomorrow.
Hubby will be with me, which is great, but here is the days schedule:
Drop kids at school at 8am, head immediately into NYC for appt. After appt head back out (pray no traffic etc) meet kids for 12:30pm dismissal. 4pm, take kids and friends to bowling. 5:30 dinner, then 7pm be back at school for back to school night until 9pm. ACK. Somewhere in that break before bowling... I am going to nap. I hope.
However, I know that will annoy Hubby. I just can't win. Why will it annoy him? Because he took off the day to be with me for the docs and the kids, and he will selfishly not understand that if I don't get the nap I will fall over. ACK.
I can't blame him, I wish I were the way I was, too.
Every year it is the same thing... every few months the same battle. Can I keep doing this? Yes, of course, I have to... for my kids, if not for myself, but today I am having a big ole PITY PARTY as I contemplate that this is how it has been for years now, and how it will be for the foreseeable future.
I know I have the strength in me somewhere to get thru it and get myself back into a positive frame of mind, but sometimes I am just so tired.
So, all the prayers, kind thoughts, and positive energy you can spare to be sent my way would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading...
9/11... Never Forget those who died that day.
1. I am so thankful that my husband came home that horrible day. (I have recounted my personal experience in past entries for this day, you can read them in my archives...)
2. I am thankful that although his good friend John did not come home, his girls and wife are doing well.
3. I am thankful to live in a country where my children school with other children of different races, creeds, and beliefs, and are growing up respectful, tolerant, and full of acceptance.
The qualities needed for PEACE ON EARTH.
4. I am thankful that my good friends online support me and have missed me lately. I miss you, too.
5. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life, there are so many.
At school today, the principal ended his 9/11 tribute with a challenge to the kids.
I present the same to all of you:
Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times youcan,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.
I wish I was writing to say our laptop was able to be repaired, or that we got a new one... but no dice.
However, my darling kids are settled back at school!
The summer ended on a high note! We had my nephew Dill visit for 10 days and it was lots of fun!
The kids had a constant flow of friends here, and many sleepovers!
Even last weekend, after school started I had 2 spares for most of the weekend! No complaints! I adore these kids as if they were my own!
I am hopeful that soon we will have the good fortune to replace the laptop. Especially now that the kids need computers for homework so much more than before!
I am missing you all and I am hoping to start catching up on journals soon.
I am doing well. It has been a tough few weeks with hurricane remnants wandering through, but I am hoping that after Ike's dregs pass us over the weekend, that we all will be spared any more of that!
May this entry find you all with as many blessings to count as I have in my life...
Head Games as a title is a perfect double etendre for me tonight!
You see, I am locked in my bathroom while highlighting my hair.
Also, Fuzzy is very upset with Mish because apparently Mish has blown him off all day for someone else, and even this evening when he was supposed to come and sleepover with DogBoy.
So, Fuzzy is all aggravated and claims he is never speaking to Mish again, even though we will be bowling with him for 4 more weeks. Ack. (Dogboy is here though, so Fuzzy is not totally deserted this evening.)
Anyhow, get it - Head Games? I am in the bathroom... or head and the boys are playing 'head games' being mad at each other.
Oh yeah, sometimes I just crack myself up!
Or it is the fumes I smelling from the hair stuff!!! LOL ;-D
This afternoon a baby bird, just barely able to flutter off the ground for a few feet fell from its nest. The momma bird was squawking like a banshee. I picked the baby bird up and put her hidden under the bush where they nest. I think momma can get her the rest of the way back in.
Hubby just left the house with Fuzzy, Dogboy and Pumpkin to go drive some golf balls and play mini-golf. Yay!
Hammer is happily reading a book and now I know I will not be bothered in the bathroom for the remainder of processing time or for my shower and blow dry!
It's the simple things that make me happy!
A little peace and quiet, hair highlighted, and I will feel like a new woman tomorrow!
At least that is my plan. I am back to the 'just ignore the pain/disease etc and put on a happy face' way of living again. No choice until I stop flaring. The hip is better than it was but still pretty achy. Other joints chiming in though, and I am just ignoring it all!!!
A positive attitude, a new hairdo, some coffee, and an occasional vicodin and I can conquer the world! Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!
... Or at least function day to day and keep the kidlets and Hubby marginally happy. Yeah, that'll do for now!
'So You Think You Can Dance' is going to the finals next week! I can't wait to see who makes it! This has been the most talented year, I think!
Well, off to go read a few emails before I have to start the rinsing... see ya all tomorrow!
Two entries in one day... it has been a while since I have done that!
ps... I would change this from 'mojito' to 'margarita' and be in 7th heaven! LOL
This is why KISS is in my head today!
Wow, the weeks do go quickly don't they? And, here it is July 31st. WOW.
Thankful time it is!
1. For Betty, who is always there with encouraging words for me, thank you.
I found this lolcat just for you:
2. For moments like this:
Fuzzy was crawling on hands and knees, trying to teach Suzy to join him on the treadmill. It was so funny.
Yes, I am doing thankfuls with pictures today!
5. My kids:
This was from Disney, April 2001. <sigh> They are growing up too quick.
6. My parents:
7. My Hubby man:
8. My pets... see the sidebar!
9. My diseases, which make me appreciate life more and make me stronger than I am.
10. JLand and my Loopies, you help me cope.
Well, I guess I am done torturing you all for today!! LOL I hope that you all have a great day and can spare a moment to count your blessings, too.
This is a perfect Lolcat to depict our evening family time.
We all gather to watch tv together as a family. All the kids, all the pets.
Inevitably, someone farts.
Might be a cat... Might be the dog... Might be a kid... Or Hubby...
Without a doubt though, from that point on Pumpkin considers it a challenge to have the 'best' one of the night. Best = loudest and grossest odor, just in case you don't know.
9 times out of 10, she succeeds!
<sigh> Yeah, so much for having the Pretty Pretty Princess after two boys! LOL
Here is a meme I found! It was fun, with different questions, so give it a try and let me know if you do.
1. My uncle once: won a NJ State Demolition Derby contest.
2. Never in my life: have I sky dived, or will I sky dive.
3. When I was five: I had long blonde pony tails, loved kindergarten, and was reading already for two years.
4. High School was: not my favorite time of life.
5. I will never forget losing: my camera case in Gettysburg; there was $50 in it that Hubby had just given me for spending money.
6. I once met: Eli Manning and Jeremy Shockey. Yum.
7. There’s this person I know who: could tie cherry stems in knots with her tongue.
8. Once, at a bar: a guy poured his beer down my shirt to make his own 'wet tee shirt contest'. He was thrown out. Hard. I knew the bouncer! ;-)
9. By noon, I’m usually: awake.
10. Last night: Pumpkin and I colored a Mandalas. It was relaxing.
11. If I only had: a brain.
12. Next time I go to church: Christmas, to the actual building 'church'.
13. What worries me most: Something bad happening to my kids.
14. When I turn my head left, I see: the treadmill and Star Wars miniature toys collecting dust.
15. When I turn my head right, I see: Fuzzy, who is sitting here watching me and reading over my shoulder which I hate.
16. You know I’m lying when: I never lie. (Fuzzy says I am lying.)
17. What I miss most about the eighties: Just that feeling of being free to do whatever with my friends. And, hairbands. lol
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: The Tempest: Miranda , because she was kind, loyal and naive a bit, like me. I always look for the best in all and everyone. Sometimes you are disappointed, but usually when you expect it from people, they try to give it to you.
19. By this time next year: Hubby should be at a new job and things should be much better in the finance department. If we are blessed for it to be so.
20. A better name for me would be: Daphne (a family joke)
21. I have a hard time understanding: intolerance, fundamentalism, extremists, or anyone who believes that 'their way' is the only way.
22. If I ever go back to school: there is so much I would want to study/learn.
23. You know I like you if: I split the last coffee with you.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: My parents, Hubby, and kids.
25. Take my advice, never: step on a Lego with bare feet. Ouch.
26. My ideal breakfast is: Eggs Benedict, no Canadian Bacon, with extra hollandaise on the side to put on the hash browns. Yum.
27. A song I love, but do not have is: The version of Billy Jean that David Cook sangon American Idol. I did have it, but lost it in an unfortunate hard drive cleaning incident, and now it is no longer available. :(
28: If you visit my hometown, I suggest: that you visit me, and go to our 2 favorite restaurants.
29. Why won’t people: do the kind/nice thing all the time?
31. If you spend the night at my house: be ready for animal company!!! LOL
31. I’d stop my wedding for: N/A already hitched!
32. The world could do without: soda.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat one! lol
34. My favorite blonde is: me! What? Doesn't that count?
35. Paper clips are more useful than: staples. duh.
36. If I do anything well, it’s: being a mom. A daughter? Not so great. A wife? Feh. A friend? Could be better.
But, mommy? I know I am good at that. :-)
This is a fun one isn't it? I like when the questions are unique and ask things I haven't said or done before.
Anyhow, we had bowling today. It was a mixed bag. Each of the kids had one good game and one that was not so good.
Tiara and Pumpkin are watching Movie 3 of the Harry Potter DVD Marathon they started a few days ago.
Fuzzy just ran a mile on the treadmill. Now, if he does that everyday, that would be really good for him! :-)
Hmmm... it may make you feel better for the moment... but your head will hurt tomorrow kitty!
I hate flaring.
I hate rheumatoid arthritis.
I hate lupus.
I hate the brain tumor thingy, too, but at least it isn't bothering me right now. (I don't think.)
I wish I could go back to when the RA and Lupus was sleeping.
Indulging my dark side this evening...
So here is a meme:
The 5 List
5 things you collect = books, coffee mugs, dust bunnies, antiques, pins
5 things about your hair = blonde, wavy when I don't want it to be, too straight when I don't want it to be, needs a cut, needs highlighting
5 things about your pets = Libby, the yellow lab, is beautiful inside and out, Libby will do anything for food (yes, anything), Tina is gorgeous but very nasty, Pumpkin sleeps with me, and Suzy is very sweet, gentle and easy going.
5 things in your junk drawer = post it notes, a retractable tape measure, binder clips in multi-colors, crayons, Brother P-touch labelmaker
5 things you love to eat in summer = fresh strawberries, italian ice, Kohl's custard from the Jersey shore, fresh lemonade from the Jersey shore, Curley's fries from the Jersey shore!
That was distracting for my mind.
Sometimes... that is what you need.
This was me today! LOL
We had a good weekend! Got some errands done on Saturday, new sneakers for the kids, etc.
Saturday night, Hubby and I went out to dinner alone. That was nice! We went to PF Chang's, and it was amazing, again! I even got an order of garlic noodles to bring home! lol
Yesterday, my mom and dad treated us all to see Batman! It was awesome! Dark brooding, cool special effects, just like you thought it would be.
Unfortunately, my hip is still hurting, but not as bad as it was last week.
Just wanted to give a quick update!
Wow! Has it really been a week and a day? Yikes!
Well, this should cover the finer points of my absence and my blessings all in one fell swoop!
1. Coffee. There has been a lot of it consumed this week.
2. My boys and Hubby came home! And, there was much rejoicing. Yayyyy! (for the Monty Python fans) Truly, there was celebrating. Then, laundry. Putting away tents and gear. Etc.
3. Peroxide/Dawn Dishwashing liquid/Baking Soda Solution really does work to remove SKUNK odor. (thanks, Mythbusters)
Yes, Libby (see sidebar for picture) got skunked. At 4:45am on Tuesday morning. Yep. Hubby and I washed her with the solution, which only needed to be repeated once later in the day.
However, when Libby ran back into the house past my dad at 4:45am she ran onto her bedding & blankies (ruined) and smeared the smell all over our bedroom floor trying to remove it from herself.
Of course, that is the one part of the smell still slightly there. Ugh. Hard to get off the hardwood floor.
4. I was granted patience rather than strength, therefore I didn't injure/maim/murder Hubby who decided to be quite obnoxious and mad at me (hello?) during the entire de-skunking operation. ACK!
5. Kids. They were very helpful and patient with me this week while I struggled with a flare in my right hip/knee/ankle/foot. They can be quite marvelous and giving.
6. Hammer. My laundry maniac. Monday we sure did a lot of laundry. Even a few loads throughout the week. Thank you. Your help going up and down the basement stairs is phenomenal. In fact, invaluable. I wouldn't be able to get it done without you with the RA/Lupus limitations.
7. Hubby getting his head out of his butt. Yes, he came around.
8. Fuzzy, for being quite a trooper while having his glucose tested all week. Not fun being pricked, but he understands that it is necessary. A pattern is emerging and it is helpful, too.
9. Pumpkin, for cleaning the bathroom and her room, prior to her friend Tiara spending the night last night, and oh yeah, she is spending the night tonight too. I am too nice. LOL
10. All of you in J-Land. Who missed me, love me, and support me, and who will understand if I don't get to your journals during weeks like this! Thank you!
Well, I have rambled on a bit, quel surprise! I hope you all have a marvelous weekend.
Today has been a good day!
Pumpkin Muffin and I slept very late! I guess we both needed that! Then, we went to lunch in our little townie luncheonette! Yummy!
While there, Pumpkin was recognized by a town councilwoman as the 'talented girl who wrote the fabulous 100th Parade poem!' Then, the waitress also bestowed Pumpkin with kudos for her poem as well! I was beaming with pride, and Pumpkin felt like quite the celebrity again!
Next, we hit Borders with a coupon and got a surprise for the boys and 2 more books for each other.
The boys read the Artemis Fowl series, and finally Eoin Coelfer has released a new one! Yay! We thought it wasn't coming out until Septmber so they will be thrilled!
Here are this weeks Thankfuls!
1. Iced COFFEE! Yum. I make my own using my Keurig. I use 2 k-cups on the smallest setting, so it makes the cup really strong. Then, when you add the ice and it melts the coffee still stands up! Yum! I do still get an occasional Dunkin Donuts Iced, like yesterday on the way home from the Scout camp. Ilene, myself and her daughter Peanut all got one. (decaf for Peanut, of course!)
2. My daughter tells me everything. Lately, there has been a few disturbing incidences with a certain girl being inappropriate. I am glad that Pumpkin and I can talk about these things together. I believe in giving kids all the information they ask for as well as making clear what the right choices should be for them. So far, so good.
3. The family camp visit! It was great to see my boys mid-week, which helps with making it to Saturday, when they come home!
4. Ilene! I couldn't have made that trip without you! It was really nice to have the time together to chat,too!
5. Air conditioning. Yesterday was 94 and today is 95 degrees so far. Yikes.
6. Bungalow dish. A yummy family favorite! It is a quick pasta and meat dish that was a childhood favorite of my mom's, then mine, and now Pumpkin's! And, thanks to my dad for making it!
7. Books. I love my books, and I am so happy my kids do too! Hammer is reading the Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1 at camp and was almost done with the thousand page book yesterday. Pumpkin walked in from the store today at 2pm and has not stopped reading since! LOL My book is calling to me...
8. A personal windfall. A prayer was answered. Thank you, God. I am blessed.
Well, that's it for now! Have a great Thursday and be thankful!
I saw my boys today!!! And, I got lots of hugs and kisses from my babies!
Not enough... but it will do until Saturday!
Here are some pictures!
Here are the boys in front of camp circle and then another view of the camp circle area.
It was so nice to sit and chit chat with Hubby.
He took me up to see his favorite view and we just talked for a while, alone.
Here is the view:
Fuzzy and Hammer walked me over to their tent and said, 'Now, Mom, it's a bit messy; prepare yourself.'
I said, 'You mean you boys aren't keeping it up to 'mommy' standards?'
Hammer said, 'No way. Three men are in here mom!' Fuzzy said, 'Yeah, no chance!'
I was surprised, when I looked in and I told them so! It really looked pretty good! Three cots, in a tent, with three bags that they are living out of and it really was neat! LOL
I think I may have rubbed off on those boys more than they even realize!
Here is Fuzzy next to the tent!
Since they are with their dad, they get to sleep with him in our own tent.
The other boys are in tents on platforms provided by the camp. Here is a picture of DogBoy's tent!
It was really nice to get to see them mid-week. :-)
I am really missing Hubby and my boys tonight.
I have this really vivid memory of us driving in the car in Vermont and singing KISS 'Calling Doctor Love' out loud with Hubby. We were holding hands and the kids were rocking along with us. So, that is the song title for tonight.
Pumpkin is feeling the lonely tonight, too. I just got her through a little crying jag.
Pumpkin wanted me to stay near her as she fell asleep, so I did this meme.
Past and Future Meme
Ten seconds ago I was trying to decide whether or not to do a meme.
Ten minutes ago I was calming down a melancholy Pumpkin Muffin who was shedding a few tears while missing daddy and her brothers. (daddy a lot; the brothers, just a little)
Ten days ago was the Saturday after the 4th of July and I think we just relaxed most of the day.
Ten weeks ago was sometime in the beginning of April and I would actually have to read in my blog archives to tell you what the heck was going on in my life then! LOL
Ten months ago was the beginning of the school year for the kids, and it started really late due to construction at the school!
I remember my Pumpkin Muffin being really mad about that and crying when we got the call! The year started finally around the 19th, I think!
Ten years ago Hammer had just completed kindergarten, and I had 2 toddlers, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 to deal with also! Busy times...
Ten years from now I can't even imagine what life will be like! I do hope the kids will be out of college or near to being out. I hope they will be happy and settled. I hope that I will still be generally healthy, and able to enjoy some 'couple' time with Hubby!
Ten months from now will be next May and it will be so very busy as Fuzzy will be nearing 8th grade graduation! AND, Pumpkin Muffin will be going on her 6th grade outdoor education and team building trip to a Ymca camp from a Wednesday to Friday.
Ten weeks from now will be near my Hubby's birthday on September 20th, and it heralds the beginning of my favorite time of year. Fall, and all the holidays fast approaching! Yay!
Ten days from now will be Saturday the 26th and I have no idea what I will be doing! LOL
Ten minutes from now I may be getting off the computer and heading to bed!
Ten seconds from now I will be copying this meme from my test journal and into my regular journal for your enjoyment! LOL
Well, that was the meme! It did do its job, which was to get my mind distracted and for Pumpkin Muffin to fall asleep while listening to the 'tap tap tap' on the keyboard.
Tomorrow, Ilene and I will drive out to the camp for a visit! I can't wait! I really do miss them. I will be able to make it through the rest of the week after getting some hugs and kisses tomorrow.
Pumpkin Muffin is spending the day with her friend, Tiara. She doesn't want to miss her bowling. I also think that she knows she would get too upset seeing her dad and having to leave him again. It will work out better this way.
I forgot to tell you all that the Jimmy Buffet restaurant 'Cheeseburger is Paradise' that we went to on Saturday night was really good! They made GREAT margaritas (I only had one but I thought of you all) and all the food had an island twist to it. We shared a giant sampler of appetizers, and then Hubby and I both had the quesadilla for dinner. Dessert was chocolate nachos... OMG, awesome! I would recommend it, if you have one near you! The website is the name with no spaces and .com.
Well, time for me to read a page or two and try to sleep.
ps... can you tell by tonights lolcats that I am missing my honey?
This lolcat reminds me of b-rated horror movies!
Here is a fun little meme I found, please copy it and try it yourself!
If you came to my house…
You would see: our overly friendly yellow lab running about you excitedly trying to figure out if she should ignore us telling her not to jump on you, because she really wants to try to lick your face.
I’d probably feed you: Hmmm. Depends on the time of day, but for dinner let's go with a salad and a good cheesy baked ziti parmagiana.
And offer you this to drink: Water, iced tea, soda, beer or wine. I'd go with chianti to accompany the Italian cuisine, but wine isn't necessary.
I’d undoubtedly ask if you’d read: The latest James Rollins book 'The Last Oracle', which I read earlier this week.
I’d want to play this music for you: Depends on my mood, but maybe some Mozart for background music to chit chat, but it could be anything from Led Zeppelin, to 80's Madonna, to Josh Groban.
I’d want to tell you about: The boys being at Boy Scout camp and how much I was missing them.
I’d probably suggest a game of: Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit.
I would definitely show off: I am not really a 'show off' type, but since we just redid the kitchen, I would be happy to show that off! Along with a picture or the hideous dated scariness it was before! lol
I might get on the computer and show you: The aforementioned picture of the old kitchen, and maybe the pictures from our Vermont vacation.
If it was a long enough visit, we might watch: Well, that would depend on you, of course, the guess gets to pick! We have several Monty Python, Mel Brooks, and Speilberg flicks to chose from. Also, all the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings films. Lots of action, comic book related, and comedies to chose from here! LOL
The boys are gone.
I miss them so much already.
It is going to be a long week, I can tell.
Pumpkin Muffin had her friend, Tiara, staying over tonight. Tomorrow, at 10:30 am we head back for her doctor's visit and shots. Loads of fun.
I promised her lunch afterward, then I will bring home her friend.
They are watching movies. One of them is '27 Dresses' which Pumpkin has been dying to see. I plan on reading. Maybe cleaning out my bedroom closet and some drawers. It is the kind of thing I do when Hubby is gone.
Maybe I will be back with another meme, too!
I will miss my honey this week.
A lot. :-(
And, my boys. :-(
But, they will have a wonderful experience at Boy Scout camp, I am sure.
Our switch to Io went very smooth yesterday, except for the fact that the guy was late. We chose the am block of 8-11am. He showed at noon. Feh. It could have been worse, though.
One thing that is really cool, is that our caller ID shows on the tv now! Very cool, it helps to know if it is worth running to find a phone or not! LOL
Today, Hubby has been doing the 'chicken without a head' packing thing. I sit back mostly and let him do the whole thing for camping. After all, I won't be there.
And, it is good for him to see what I go through packing for the whole family!!
Tonight we are going to a new restaurant! Cheeseburgers in Paradise! It is a chain owned by Jimmy Buffet! I have always wanted to go to Key West and have a Margarita... I will pretend I am there tonight at dinner! LOL
We are going out with Bob and Ilene. Bob is driving Hubby, my boys and his son, DogBoy, to camp tomorrow! Gotta love him!
A quick shout out to the website icanhascheezburger.com where all my LOLCAT pictures come from!
It is Thankful Thursday time again!
1. (men shield your eyes) I thought that I was getting a stomach virus, but it turned out to only be my period, which sometimes makes me sick, just before yelling 'Surprise, I have arrived'!
2. Coffee. OH MY HEAVENS... I DO LOVE IT!
3. Hubby, who loves to chase me around even when I don't think I look like I should be chased!
4. My Mommy, who gave me a Borders gift card for books. I really needed that, thank you, Mom!
5. My kids, who were hilarious at their doctors appointment today. Our doctor is wonderful and laughed along with us! It turns out the office messed up and only the boys were checked out. Pumpkin goes on Monday.
6. My doctor's office, who are rescheduling me since I was feeling miserable this am.
7. My Dad who has made a yummy smelling homemade sauce and pasta today for dinner.
8. There have been some recent changes in the Boy Scout troop that my sons are in and I am feeling happy and relieved about them.
Hubby and the boys have a meeting tonight in final preparation for their week of Boy Scout camp!
I am going to miss them so much!
Tomorrow, we have the cable company coming to change our service. I don't know when I will be able to get online. We already use their internet, so we are adding their phone and cable which will save us tons of money! Wish us luck!
Me, too, Kitty! LOL
That one cracks me up!
Anyhow, I definitely 'pushed it' too much yesterday. I had to do my Enbrel shot yesterday, which was two days late due to a new insurance procedure (annoying, but it did work out), and usually I do it on Sunday and I 'veg' out all day.
As you know... yesterday - extra kids. 2 extras, M and Mish slept over. Muffins were made at 9:30 pm, tv watched until after midnight, and then early morning wake up!
So, after bowling today, I came home and conked out for an hour and half nap. It felt great. I am still a bit groggy though!!!
Pumpkin bowled an 84 and an 85, and Fuzzy bowled 135 and 104. Good games! It is really hot again today, but not sunny. Looks like a thunder-boomer may come through soon.
Maybe it will cool it down some!
Anyhow, I was browsing on technorati and saw this meme.
5 Things in My Main Bathroom That You May Not Have in Yours
1. A sharps container, for disposal of my Enbrel syringes.
2. Boxes of alcohol swabs. Yes, for doing shots, but also great for getting ink off of things, pimples, disinfecting phones, keyboards, etc.
3. A ceramic sand castle. It's a candle holder.
4. Sand sculptures that the kids made in plastic bottles.
5. Seashells, some painted, but all found by the kids!
Okay...now you play!! LOL
It took a while, but I finally figured out why I am having such a hard time with the sun this year!
I looked back in my medicine log and I started the Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate), last August. It takes about 3 months to get up to snuff. Then, you add back the Enbrel and I am taking Methotrexate .
So, last year I didn't notice anything.
The Plaquenil and the Methotrexate both have photosensitivity or sun sensititivity as side effects. It can manifest as becoming easily burned and/or rashes and/or other skin problems.
Check. Check. AND, check.
Well, at least now I know why I keep getting itchy rashes, red blotches and was so easily burnt in Wildwood. My skin actually peeled and flaked for 5 weeks after that burn in Wildwood!
Yesterday, at Kathy's, my legs rashed up within about 20 minutes or so of being in the sun. It sucked.
Correction... it sucks. It is not going to be easy to cope with this throughout the summer. Thankfully, I do have friends that can keep an eye on the kids at the town pool when they go. I am blessed.
But what about the other stuff? Ugh. I will he the chubby blond-haired, pale mommy under the umbrella, I guess! No choice! <sigh>
I am frustrated today and want to scream how much I hate Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. Instead, I am venting here.
Today is Africa hot. Ick. 93 degrees, sunny and humid. Eww.
Pumpkin's friend M is over. Fuzzy and Hammer are waiting for Mish to call them and come over later. Tomorrow is bowling!
The fun never stops! LOL
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Our 100th 4th of July Parade was just FABULOUS!
Here are some pictures...
First here is Pumpkin in her special car, which ended up not being a convertible due to an early drizzle, and while reading her award winning poem at the parade closing ceremonies:
Next, here is Hammer, with the flag, in center waving at me, and the next picture is of Fuzzy and Mish. Fuzzy with glasses and David Cassidy 'I Think I Love You' hair. LOL
Yep. I spared dear Hubby from being pictured this year!
Kathy and my sweet nephew J came up to watch this special parade! After the ceremony at the end, lots of people came up to Pumpkin and congratulated her on her poem and commented on how it was well-written! Some were people that we knew, but a lot of people that were complete strangers came up to Pumpkin, and she was loving her moment of 'celebrity'!
Pumpkin went home with Aunt Kathy on Friday, and J was so thrilled! I have never seen him leave our house so easily!!! He was very happy to have his Pumpkin in tow!
Saturday afternoon Hubby, the boys and I went skeet shooting! Actually, only Fuzzy did the shooting, but it was very fun to watch! I had never seen him do it before. Hammer found it to be painfully loud and hung back, after watching his brother hit one or two. Fuzzy ended up with a respectable 16 of 25 clay pigeons downed!
Fuzzy also decided that he wants to join their fall league! I am happy when the boys find something that they enjoy so much that they want to get into it more!
Then we went to the famous The Hot Grill restaurant for dinner! Yummy! Dogs all the way! Fries with cheese and gravy! Yummy!
Yesterday was mostly relaxing around the house, although we did go out to Borders Books for a while and pick up the boys Merit Badge books that they need for Boy Scout camp.
Today, we drove down the Garden State Parkway to Kathy's! We had a nice visit. The kids swam for a couple of hours, then had a nice lunch treat of Wendy's (thanks, Kath!).
The house was so quiet without my Pumpkin, but I really missed her, so it was nice to get there and get my huggies and kisses, too!
Unfortunately, we needed to leave earlier than I would normally have left because Hubby messed up his doctor appointment today. He showed up at 8:30am today, and his appointment was 8:30am tomorrow. Ack.
He couldn't come back again tomorrow, and go to work late two days in a row, so he had to get back there later today at 4pm, and preferred to have our car to do it. Men.
This is a tight week because the boys are leaving for Boy Scout Camp on Sunday. Hubby needed to have his doc appointment for his physical and camp papers, and the boys have theirs on Thursday afternoon. I have my rheumatologist appointment on Thursday morning, which makes it a real whammy of a day! LOL
Pumpkin is also having her physical and about 4 shots on Thursday. Yep... should be loads of fun! NOT!
However, let's not get ahead of ourselves! After all, tomorrow is just Tuesday! Let's see... just a sleepover of one of Pumpkin's friends so far... more could be added! You never know!
It is summer time after all!