Wow! Has it really been a week and a day? Yikes!
Well, this should cover the finer points of my absence and my blessings all in one fell swoop!
1. Coffee. There has been a lot of it consumed this week.
2. My boys and Hubby came home! And, there was much rejoicing. Yayyyy! (for the Monty Python fans) Truly, there was celebrating. Then, laundry. Putting away tents and gear. Etc.
3. Peroxide/Dawn Dishwashing liquid/Baking Soda Solution really does work to remove SKUNK odor. (thanks, Mythbusters)
Yes, Libby (see sidebar for picture) got skunked. At 4:45am on Tuesday morning. Yep. Hubby and I washed her with the solution, which only needed to be repeated once later in the day.
However, when Libby ran back into the house past my dad at 4:45am she ran onto her bedding & blankies (ruined) and smeared the smell all over our bedroom floor trying to remove it from herself.
Of course, that is the one part of the smell still slightly there. Ugh. Hard to get off the hardwood floor.
4. I was granted patience rather than strength, therefore I didn't injure/maim/murder Hubby who decided to be quite obnoxious and mad at me (hello?) during the entire de-skunking operation. ACK!
5. Kids. They were very helpful and patient with me this week while I struggled with a flare in my right hip/knee/ankle/foot. They can be quite marvelous and giving.
6. Hammer. My laundry maniac. Monday we sure did a lot of laundry. Even a few loads throughout the week. Thank you. Your help going up and down the basement stairs is phenomenal. In fact, invaluable. I wouldn't be able to get it done without you with the RA/Lupus limitations.
7. Hubby getting his head out of his butt. Yes, he came around.
8. Fuzzy, for being quite a trooper while having his glucose tested all week. Not fun being pricked, but he understands that it is necessary. A pattern is emerging and it is helpful, too.
9. Pumpkin, for cleaning the bathroom and her room, prior to her friend Tiara spending the night last night, and oh yeah, she is spending the night tonight too. I am too nice. LOL
10. All of you in J-Land. Who missed me, love me, and support me, and who will understand if I don't get to your journals during weeks like this! Thank you!
Well, I have rambled on a bit, quel surprise! I hope you all have a marvelous weekend.