Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back in the Saddle

So, for some reason, I guess because I am nuts, I decided to let the boys have 2 friends sleep over tonight.

It's summer!  Why not?  Right?  And, then it got even easier because Pumpkin is staying over at her friend's house tonight!  Yay! 

My goodness!  It's like these boys have forgotten what it's like to sleepover here!  They are so loud!  Ack!  Grandpa goes to sleep at 9pm and gets up at 4am for work, so they have to keep it down if they are in the family room!  I have been trying to get them upstairs to watch a movie on the dvd player, but oh NO, they want the big tv!  ACK! 

Hubby has GOT to get the basement finished... then they will be quarantined like the little rug rats they are acting like!  Bwahahahaha! 

Anyhow... the other good idea I had today was to do a meme!  I found 2 unusual surveys online and combined them into one long one here. 

It actually asks some questions that turn into giving you an update in my life!  LOL

Enjoy... and please... feel free to snag it and do it yourself, but let me know so I can come read it!

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.

Book = Prime Obsession, Bernard Riemann and the Greatest Unsolved Problem in Mathematics

Line 4 = 'Descartes had in fact arithmetized and algebraized a large part of geometry in the seventeenth century, though pure-geometric demonstrations in the style of Euclid were still popular - and still are - for their clarity, elegance, and ingenuity.'

Sorry you asked?

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you touch or are you nearest to touching?

The treadmill.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

A csi show with the boys this afternoon.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is?

7:10 pm

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?  7:10pm! I just let in one of Fuzzy's sleepover pals and he said the time!

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

Tv in the living room, kids in the family room talking, and the oven fan in the kitchen because I am making Cinnabon muffins for the kids!

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

At about 3pm to get the mail!

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?

My emails.

9. What are you wearing right now?

Turquoise blue terry capri pants and a tye-dyed Ben & Jerry's tee shirt!

10. Did you dream last night?

Yes, a bizarre dream about breaking up a ring of dog fighters headed by people I went to grammar school with and haven't seen in a million years! 

11. When did you last laugh?

A few minutes ago at one of the spares that are sleeping over!

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?

Turquoise paint, and the kids names.  It used to be their bedroom, now the 'playroom'.

13. Seen anything weird lately?

Oh yes.  Always. I have 3 kids, a hubby, a dog, 3 cats, and two hamsters.  And, two parents upstairs.  All kinds of weird stuff to be seen!!

14. What do you think of this quiz?

Fun, so far!

15. What is the last film you saw?

On vacation we went to see 'Get Smart' and I was pleasantly surprised!  It wasn't cheesy, like it could have been.  It paid homage to the original, but was funny on its own merit and was full of action! 

16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, where would you live?

After this last vacation, in Vermont!  In a huge house with my family, my parents, and any other family members, (Kathy, Karol) who want to join me and mine!

17. Tell me something about you that few people know.

Hmmm... this is tough since I have revealed so much on here, I think you know everything!  How about this... I was nominated to enter the Miss Teen NJ when I was 13.  Someone has to sponsor you, and I was so shocked that someone did!  I chose not to enter though. 

18. If you could eat only one food all the time what would it be?

Eggs.  There are so many ways you can make them!

19. Do you like to dance?

I LOVE to dance!!! 

20. George Bush. First thought:

Can't wait until it is over.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?

Yikes!

2. When is the next time you will have sex?

Maybe later, maybe tomorrow!

3. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say 'Duck'?

Quack

4. Favorite planet?

Earth :-)

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list or caller id?

My friend, Bob!

6. What is your favorite ring on your cell phone?

Right now, 'Crazy Train' by Ozzy Osborne

7. What did you last eat?

A snack sized bag of Lays Potato Chips.

8. What were you doing 20 minutes ago? 

Watching a show on the History Channel with Hubby.

9. Name the brand of shoes you’re currently wearing?

Dearfoam slipper!  Pink terry thong style!  LOL

10. Bright or Dark Room?

Dark to sleep in, Bright to read in!

11. What do you think about paparazzi - evil or just doing their jobs?

I don't think they are 'evil' but I do think that a percentage of them totally cross the line in unacceptable ways with celebrities.

12. If you’re in a room with two beds,which one would you choose?

It depends.  Sometimes, Hubby and I take the room nearest the bathroom.  Sometimes we take the room between the door and the kids.  Depends on the room layout.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Sleeping, which is early for me!  LOL

14. What was the last email you read about?

The last email I read was about Hubby's diverticulitis situation, which still isn't great.  He is still on a restricted diet and has to have another colonoscopy at the end of August.  There is a good chance he may have to have surgery at some point.  Keeping my finger crossed we can avoid that.

15. How do you like your eggs?

My favorite is Eggs Benedict without the Canadian Bacon.  But I like them over easy, scrambled, omelettes, soft and hard boiled, too!

16. What’s a phrase that you say a lot?

'If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!'  and 'What didn't you understand, the 'n' or the 'o'?'

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?

Hammer just told me that about 15 minutes ago.

18. Last furry thing you touched?

Libby, the dog. ;-)

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?

All my usual meds, and an occasional vicodin when I was really uncomfortable. 

20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?

I actually do have some film that needs to be developed in a bag in a drawer.  Scary, I know! LOL

21. Favorite age you have been so far?

Now, it is always now! 

22. Your worst enemy?

Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and the ever-present 'brain thingy'.

23. What is your current desktop picture?

This one: 

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?

Go, fine watch Harry Potter, but be quiet!

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly which would it be?

Much to my kids dismay, I would take the money!  LOL

26. Last time you vomited?

Oh what a lovely memory!  I had a stomach virus last year that got me. 

27. The last song you listened to?

Earlier in the car today I heard Joan Jett 'I love Rock and Roll' just before getting home.

28. Did you ever get a trophy?  If yes, what for?

I got a trophy for bowling and softball. 

29. If you could punch 1 person in the face, who would it be?   This kid: Teen charged with shoving senior off dock

30. What is the closest object to your left foot?

Pumpkin, my all black elder kitty!

Alrighty now... come on and play!  Can you tell that I worked on this on and off all night!  LOL

Tomorrow, the kids start their summer bowling league!  Yay!  Every Wednesday, at 11am, although tomorrow we go early to sign up.  It should be fun.  :-)

be well,
Dawn

ps... we have been watching American Gladiators... Have you?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WElcome back... missed you... or maybe it is me to welcome back LOL I haven't been reading many entries due to crisis going on... loved the answers to these questions... I get the feeling you like turquoise.... Oh I would love to live in Vermont.... I think it would be a beautiful state....
Lisa

Anonymous said...

oh how fun with the sleepovers!! I used to love when we lived in Montana and had a basement; kids went down there for sleepovers and I rarely saw them unless they were hungry, LOL! I bet both boys will have a fun time!!

that was a cute combined meme you did! I enjoyed reading the answers

good luck to the kids with their bowling league!

betty

Anonymous said...

Sleepover....omg...i'm so done with those...  LOL..  I put in some extra cash just to get my son Andrew out of the house with his six friends.  There is no way I was going to have all of them over for a sleep over!!  Instead I had the van packed last Friday....14 year olds...eek..  I have the same problem, my husband goes to bed at 10, and boys just don't comprehend what "be quiet means.."  and they are consantly EATING!!  Cinnabon muffins...those boys are lucky!!  :)  Long meme..but I will try...  :)  Julie P.S.  I miss your memes!!  

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I know you like books of all kinds, but that math quote could be used as a cure for insomnia!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

I loved that meme.  I can't believe that boy who pushed the old man off the dock.  What's wrong with today's kids?  Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

When my son was younger, I let him have sleepovers quite often... when my husband wasn't working nights. Having his friends over was essential to raising him, as he was an only child. I recommend sleepovers, even entire weekends over, if one can handle it. Especially for the only child. It's good for the child without siblings to have extended time with friends/cousins, and it's good for the parent to be part of these friendships that feel much like a family relationship. Great meme! Your desktop picture says as much about you as anything... I love it. It's a beautiful day, the road stretches out before you, and you are on it, not knowing where it will lead, and having faith that you will get there. I hope your week goes well.  bea

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a long one!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Dawn, what patience you have and what a great mother you are to your kids, You do it all for them and you do it so well.
Egg benidicts, now you did it I will be going out for breakfast tomorrow for sure.
Love your desk top picture. It will bring back memories of the trip each time you see it.
Again patience, how can you complete the meme's with so much thought put into each response.
I find you interesting and amazing. Enjoy your day or night whichever it is, Bill

Anonymous said...

Now I have two memes to do!  What to do, what to do?!
Traci

Anonymous said...

ok did the meme in my journal

Anonymous said...

Love the gladiator pic.  Great meme...I was glad to hear Libby is the last furry thing you touched!  And, I got a big kick out of #13 & the Bush answer.  LOL.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I will take a try at this sometime today - love the answers & the last kitty graphic....

ninja warrior is my (secret) favorite


Michele

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed vermont! =)  i did your meme - it was fun!