Today has been a good day!
Pumpkin Muffin and I slept very late! I guess we both needed that! Then, we went to lunch in our little townie luncheonette! Yummy!
While there, Pumpkin was recognized by a town councilwoman as the 'talented girl who wrote the fabulous 100th Parade poem!' Then, the waitress also bestowed Pumpkin with kudos for her poem as well! I was beaming with pride, and Pumpkin felt like quite the celebrity again!
Next, we hit Borders with a coupon and got a surprise for the boys and 2 more books for each other.
The boys read the Artemis Fowl series, and finally Eoin Coelfer has released a new one! Yay! We thought it wasn't coming out until Septmber so they will be thrilled!
Here are this weeks Thankfuls!
1. Iced COFFEE! Yum. I make my own using my Keurig. I use 2 k-cups on the smallest setting, so it makes the cup really strong. Then, when you add the ice and it melts the coffee still stands up! Yum! I do still get an occasional Dunkin Donuts Iced, like yesterday on the way home from the Scout camp. Ilene, myself and her daughter Peanut all got one. (decaf for Peanut, of course!)
2. My daughter tells me everything. Lately, there has been a few disturbing incidences with a certain girl being inappropriate. I am glad that Pumpkin and I can talk about these things together. I believe in giving kids all the information they ask for as well as making clear what the right choices should be for them. So far, so good.
3. The family camp visit! It was great to see my boys mid-week, which helps with making it to Saturday, when they come home!
4. Ilene! I couldn't have made that trip without you! It was really nice to have the time together to chat,too!
5. Air conditioning. Yesterday was 94 and today is 95 degrees so far. Yikes.
6. Bungalow dish. A yummy family favorite! It is a quick pasta and meat dish that was a childhood favorite of my mom's, then mine, and now Pumpkin's! And, thanks to my dad for making it!
7. Books. I love my books, and I am so happy my kids do too! Hammer is reading the Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1 at camp and was almost done with the thousand page book yesterday. Pumpkin walked in from the store today at 2pm and has not stopped reading since! LOL My book is calling to me...
8. A personal windfall. A prayer was answered. Thank you, God. I am blessed.
Well, that's it for now! Have a great Thursday and be thankful!