Weekend Assignment #109: What are some of the most recent music albums you have bought? Name up to three. Note that I said "bought" -- I want to know what music you've liked so much that you've actually shelled out cash for them.
Extra Credit: Did you buy these albums on CD, or did you get them online through iTunes or another music service?
I haven't done a Weekend Assignment in a long time, but this one caught my eye!
The last 3 albums I purchased were:
1) NOW's #1 Hits
2) Mozart's Piano Concertos
3) The Best of Meatloaf
#1 was for the kids, filled with classics such as 'Bye Bye Bye' from NSync, 'Hot in Here' from Nelly, and 'All Star' from Smashmouth. There are actually a few songs I don't mind at all. lol
#2 was for me and the kids. I love Mozart. I played 'Ein Klein Nachtmusik' on my Sony Walkman to my baby bump while pregnant with all of them. And, they all love Mozart!
I guess they were influenced by the pre-natal music! They are also all very bright kids who love to read so, I think that whole classic music in the womb theory may be on target!
#3 was for Hubby and I. We love Meatloaf. 'Bat out of Hell' is an amazing rock classic and I like some of his newer stuff, too.
Extra Credit: All of these were purchased on CD's. I do purchase music online but only one song at a time. I have never purchased a whole 'album' that way.
'Album'. Such a joke. My kids have never even seen one play. lol
That was fun!
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Let's start with something 'new'. I have a new diagnosis to add to my list of ailments. I have been fairly sure of this one for a while, but living in denial.
Enter Sjögren's Syndrome . I am lucky that I only seem to be affected with the dry mouth. So far, my eyes are good and I can still wear my contacts. Thank you, God.
I am using a rinse and my rheumatologist will give me a prescription pill if I want it. I am trying to avoid that. I don't want to add another pill to my regimen. The possible side effects worry me, too. My mouth sores are improving, though.
Moving on to the 'old'. I am annoyed. Actually, I suppose it is more hurt than annoyed. My husband, in spite of the fact that I have asked him, still has yet to read my journal. That bothers me. I even put the link on his toolbar. I don't get it.
He knows it hurts my feelings and still, in the 13 months that I have been journaling, no visits.
<sigh> Oh well. Whatever.
PS. Fuzzy had a great camp out with the scouts and his ankle is just fine!
And, thanks to Cherry for a great tag!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Don't you just love this picture... it came in an email and was subtitled 'Proof of marriage in the animal kingdom.'
I just had to share it here!
My IV infusion went well yesterday. The Orencia is working for the Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is great. I only had one joint starting to act up, which is what starts to happen at the end of the month when I am due for the medicine.
My RN is working on getting me something for the mouth sores.
I was really pooped yesterday morning. My dad was home from work, so my dad, Hammer, Hubby and myself all went to IHOP for breakfast. I had lots of coffee and a wonderful omelet.
Then, off to NYC. Hubby and I thought that the traffic would be light leaving at 10am. Wrong. You can never predict NYC traffic. lol We were still plenty early though... so no problems.
Last evening, Fuzzy had another baseball game. It was a doozy! They were on fire, hitting and making great defensive plays that boggled the mind. They won 9-6. Fuzzy got hit with a pitch on the ankle bone in the first inning, which, coupled with his jammed finger from playing football the day before, earned him a bench ride and ice packs for the rest of the game.
Although, Hubby was off with me yesterday, he took all his work phone calls and emails on his blackberry. A mistake yesterday. He had nothing but problems and stupid office politics to deal with for the whole day. It made him cranky, but he was wonderful for me... so, I can't complain too much.
Winning the game made his evening. He fell asleep on the couch with a smile. He and his two assistant coaches were just glowing at how well the boys played!
Tomorrow night is book club! I can't wait! It is so nice to get out and be with the women in my club, who are wonderfully intelligent and witty. And, the evening is not about the kids, it is just for 'us' moms! Yeah, of course, the conversation gets to kids and hubbies at some point, but at least it isn't the whole reason for being there.
My life revolves around the kids, and that is perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way, or change a thing, but having this club just for me is nice, too.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
I should be sleeping.
I am not.
Garfield is what I will look like tomorrow morning, with the exception that I will be dressed to go to NYC for my IV infusion.
So, I am pondering some things.
Did you know that if you get hit with pitch in baseball that it does not count as an 'at bat' in the stats?
I didn't until last week, when my son was hit by a pitch and my dear hubby explained to me that in baseball logic, it isn't an 'at bat' but, not to worry it does count toward his 'on base percentage'. @@
Okay, but he was 'at bat' when he got hit. Period. If he wasn't 'at bat' he could not have been hit by the dang pitch!!! Ugh... whatever...
Another observation. Toilet tissue. Every pack says 'facial quality'.
For the record, I don't use it on my face.
And, for the record, I don't want it 'facial quality'. I want it hoohaa and butt quality, and that needs it to be a dang bit softer than what my face can take!
I mean, there are times I actually use sandpaper like cleansers on my face to 'exfoliate' - I shudder to think what that would do to one's downstairs! Yikes!
Moving on... The TV Guide. Does anyone actually use the guide in the magazine anymore? I use the on-screen guide with my satellite tv, and the same with the tv still on cable. It is bigger, easier to navigate, and way more accurate for last minute program changes and what not.
And, now the new version is so big it doesn't fit as well on the back of the toilet anymore. They should just drop the 'guide' pretense and call it 'The TV Magazine", that is what it is, after all.
I guess that is enough of my ponderings for tonight! I was going to get started on the hot dog packages and hot dog buns phenomenon, but that has been beaten death... ;-D
Monday, April 24, 2006
Thanks to this gorgeous tag by my Sazzy I am finally a beautiful fairy princess! Yay!
So, not a lot is new here in my world. I helped Fuzzy and Pumpkin complete school projects this weekend. It was a rainy weekend, and perfect for such an endeavor. I will be getting A's I am sure. errr... I mean THEY will be getting A's. ha ha
I have my Orencia infusion coming up on Wednesday. I am hoping that one of my RN buddies will be able to tell me what I need to do to get rid of the mouth sore from hell.
Mouth sores are one of the many unpleasant side effects of Lupus. I have had them my entire life. They suck. This one is the granddaddy of every one I have ever had. It is HUGE! It is the size of a dime, almost, and on the inside of my bottom lip.
It hurts all the time! Everything I eat hurts it! Everything I drink hurts it!!! Ugh.
Tonight, I decided to have a wine cooler to soothe it. Pfft. Didn't work, although, I cared a little less for a while. lol
Oh yeah, and here is a hoot of a story. I have been wearing glasses and contacts since I was 17 years old. I have never, EVER, misplaced my glasses in all that time!!!
Until now. My contact lenses were feeling icky today, probably from all the green gooky pollen that is all over my car. So, I took out my lenses and went to put on my glasses. AND, dear readers, that is where it all went terribly wrong.
For the first time in 23 YEARS, my glasses were not where I always put them. After the initial panic subsided, I realized that I probably brought them on vacation with us to the Poconos back in February.
I searched the luggage. No glasses. I searched the garage where the skiing stuff is now stored. No glasses. I searched the beach bag that we took to go to the indoor pool. No glasses.
Then, I searched everywhere I knew my glasses weren't just in case they actually were there. You know what I mean... looking in every conceivable location that things are stored in your house. Still, no glasses.
I can't believe it. I lost my glasses.
My dad told me at dinner today, that he told me twice yesterday, what tonight's dinner was going to be. He said I answered him and then still was completely clueless today. He said, and I quote,
"I think your mind is starting to go, or something."
Crap. What is next? UGH.
Oh, yeah this can be a Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis thing too.
We call it RA fog or Lupie fog.
Oh yeah, I did have an old pair of glasses in the drawer where the right ones should be that are now lost.
Okay... I am really going now....
Saturday, April 22, 2006
100 Things About Me! (updated 8/16/07)
I have seen this on a few other journals and decided to give it a try! I doubt that anyone will want to read these all...but hey, it might be fun!
1. I am very happily married.
2. I have 3 kids, 2 boys, 1 girl.
3, I have 4 pets. (now 5, see #7)
4. One is a yellow lab named, Liberty
5. We call her Libby, for short.
6. Two pets are cats, Pumpkin and Tina
7. We now have two Chinese Dwarf Hamsters, Brownie and Peng (chinese for Thunder) Tweak passed in July. One is a Hamster named Tweak. (his name used to be Lightning)
8. I love all furry animals. Even rats. Spiders and lizards I could pass on though as pets.
9. I would have many more pets if not for my hubby.
10. My hubby shares his name with a famous person from yesteryear.
11. I never really liked my name and always wished for a nickname.
12. My parents and I all had the same initials D- A - L before I married.
13. My parents live with us in a in-law type apartment upstairs in our house.
14. I love that my parents are here all the time and wouldn't change it ever.
15. I am always warm. Ever since I was little.
16. I would have definitely had one more child.
17. I love being a stay at home mom.
18. I homeschool my eldest son.
19. People think I am some kind of rebel in my town because I chose to homeschool him, or they think I have a screw lose.
20. I don't care. I did what was best for my son!
21. I miss the toddler years, and watching Little Bear and Winnie the Pooh.
22. I drive a mid size SUV that seats 7, a must have with 3 kids if you ever want to bring home a friend for them.
23. I like to play games and watch tv with my kids.
24. I love being a Mom more than I ever believed I would.
25. I never changed a diaper before my eldest was born....ewww!
26. I still hate changing diapers of other kids... I know, very weird.
27. I never tasted the baby food. My husband tasted all of them.
28. I loved the 80's and used to have big hair!
29. I like all kinds of music!
30. I have Led Zep, Eagles, Randy Travis, Mozart, The Cars, Frank Sinatra and Usher in my cd player in my truck.
31, I love to make beaded jewelry!
32. I love vodka Martinis.
33. I can only have 1 or 2 drinks per month due to the medicines I take for my Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus etc.
34. I usually use them on wine or a margarita.
35. I love the Yankees and the Mets, but the Yankees more.
36. I love the Giants and the Jets, fairly equally.
37. I grew up loving football, the only girl I knew that did back then.
38. I used to hate hockey, and now I LOVE HOCKEY!
39. Go Devils!
40, I got pregnant on my honeymoon. For real. Know the EXACT moment. lol
41. I always think of my honeymoon when hockey comes up.
42. I honeymooned in Lake Placid, NY, and watched little kids play hockey in the Can-Am Tournaments.
43. I love antiquing. I did that on my honeymoon, too.
44. I tried to teach my hubby to ice skate on our honeymoon.
45. I love cold, dry weather, autumn, the best.
46. I love latin, have many latin books, and taught myself the basics of the language.
47. I love all languages, I also have many Spanish and French lesson books.
48. I took 6 years of spanish in elementary and high school.
49. I read voraciously.
50. On a good week, that can be 5-7 books.
51. I love Godzilla movies.
52. I hate King Kong. Probably, because he beats Godzilla in a movie.
53. I love playing Mario Party games with my kids on Nintendo Game Cube! (and now maybe on the Wii, if they ever let me play it!)
54. I love Batman...and if I ever got a tattoo, which I won't, but if I did, I would probably get the bat symbol.
55. I can play a little piano,
56. I like going to museums, all kinds of museums.
57. I love history.
58. I love Star Wars.
59. I love movies, and used to work at a theatre as a manager and projectionist. Reel to reel and everything!
60. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus, (and Sjogren's Syndrome and a brain tumor) but they don't have me.
61. I love to read books with spy/espionage/political/military angles. (Think Vince Flynn and Steven Coonts) and I love to read vampire, supernatural ones, too. (Think Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris)
62. I love science and love anything forensic based.
63. I have been reading Kathy Reichs novels long before the tv show 'Bones' was debuted and based on her books.
64. I love the CSI tv shows, and read all the books, too.
65. My best friend and I used to come home from partying in the 80's, and while somewhat intoxicated, play Trivial Pursuit into the wee hours of morning.
66. I usually won! ;-D
67. She used to love it if she drove when we were out partying, and I was polluted, because she had a better chance of beating me! lol
68. She could totally kick my arse in air hockey. Still can!
69. I am an only child.
70. My best friend became my adoptive sister when she moved in with my family at 18.
71. I have the best sister anyone could ever want, the sister of my heart!
72. I hate carving pumpkins. I actually can gag at even watching it!
73. I don't like the skin on pudding. Gross.
74. I hate rice pudding, as pudding should be smooth, no bumps!
75. I love filet mignon.
76. I make really good Texas Weiner sauce for hot dogs.
77. I make great pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, too.
78, One of my favorite comfort foods is pastina with made with broth in the water, and lots of butter.
79. My dad will still make this for me if I ask him to make it.
80. Yes, I was, and still am, a 'daddy's girl'.
81. My mother and I are a lot alike.
82. I didn't get my mom's 'psycho German cleaning gene', as we call it around here.
83. I hate to clean, but definitely have gotten pickier about the house being neater now that I am getting older!
84. My daughter is more like my mom than I am! (and she continues to get more and more like her each year! Aagh!)
85. #84 scares me a bit, and worries me for the teen years! lol
86. I hate to think of my kids ever moving away!
87. My eldest son has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, and is a 'genius'.
88. My eldest son is very caring and sensitive, and I worry so much more about him being successful than I do my other son or daughter.
89. My middle son is probably the most like me, except for his fresh mouth!
90. My middle son is shockingly charming. (when he wants to be, of course)
91. My daughter is the most determined of my children, and amazes me with her 'stick-to-it-iveness'.
92. My hubby is my best friend.
93. No one can make me laugh like my husband.
94. My hubby is my one and only soul mate.
95. I let my dog sleep on the bed sometimes with me, even though I know my hubby hates that.
96. I love coffee. No, make that worship coffee. lol
97. I love iced tea and bottled water, too. (unsweet on the iced tea)
98. I used to swim on a swim team.
99. I can still tread water for more than 15 minutes.
100. I love to write and I am still working on writing a book.
Wow, that actually was easier than I thought it would be once I got started!
I hope you like it.
I am going to include a link to this in my sidebar like I have seen others do.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Isn't this just the cutest! Thanks Sazzy you are the best! Check out all the other cute tags Dianna has for us J-Landers who don't have her talent to make them!
I am happy to see this week come to an end. Not the best of weeks here in J-Land or in my day to day life.
Please visit CarnivAOL for a special edition full of our tributes to Pam.
Also, please visit my friend, Karyl's Glimpses of Eternity-- Lupus and Life who has gotten some bad news and needs some support right now. A new medical curve ball has just socked her in the gut. And, it sucks. Sorry for the baseball analogy...
Moving into day to day life, my son had a very tough baseball game last night thanks to an umpire situation. I don't have the energy to recount it all here but I will say that it is the kind of thing that just takes away the joy of the game. Fuzzy's team lost 9-4, but there were some good hits and great plays, and the loss is not the issue at all. Although, winning would have been a just dessert.
My daughter had a tough week, too. For some odd reason, her teacher got cranky with her, and it really threw her through a loop. It was unwarranted and handled by my hubby, but it sucked.
I have these awful mouth sores that are part and parcel with Lupus/RA and they are killing me. It is making me very cranky. Add, pms and then the arrival of cramps, and that rounded out my week. LOL
However, today is Friday! Thank GOD it's Friday! I am very hopeful that this will be a nice weekend and I am determined to put on a happy face and make it so!
My parents are going into NYC tonight with another couple to see 'Barefoot in the Park' on Broadway, a Neil Simon oldie but goodie. They are having dinner in the city too, and it is a lovely 63 degrees and sunny.... perfect evening city weather!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
What to do while hilighting your hair?
Why, write a journal entry, of course!!!!
So, since with middle age came dull dirty blonde hair from my once sparkling, golden tresses of youth.... I have to sit with this crap in my hair for 40 minutes. I sometimes have it done professionally, but I am being frugal right now.
So, what is new in the world of the Princess?
Yup, baseball season is here again! Hubby is head coach of Fuzzy's team again. It is a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.
Fuzzy has had 2 games, a win and a loss, both by one point, so they have been exciting. Fuzzy's batting average is .633 and his on base percentage is .867 for those who care and understand these baseball numbers! For the uneducated, it means he is doing well! lol He has had singles, doubles, hit by pitch and a few walks. Fuzzy is happy and so then, are we.
It is also the end of year frenzy for school. Lots of scheduled events going on, especially for Pumpkin! She moves up to what we in town call the 'Big School', so there is a ceremony and all that. Pumpkin also has a dance recital upcoming, with three numbers for her. Hip hop, Tap and Ballet.... whew! Also, a piano recital! Busy, busy, busy!
Hammer, my darling boy, is doing good. Adolescence is knocking hard at the door and he is basically horrified at some of the changes. Since he will become angry if I go into details... that is all I can say! lol
The Orencia still seems to be working, and I am off the prednisone which is good. Unfortunately, I still have some bad days but that is just how it is. Few people with these diseases ever get a complete medical remission. I will survive and I will endure.
My mom and dad are coming up on celebrating their 42nd Anniversary next month! Wowsers! Pumpkin is helping them celebrate by learning their wedding song, 'Let Me Call You Sweetheart' on the piano.
My mom chose this song, because it was her mom and dad's wedding song. Her dad passed when she was 12, so this was a fitting tribute to their union at her wedding to my dad. I just LOVE that.
Spring has sprung in NJ, thankfully, and the weather has been lovely. I hope everyone is out there enjoying spring in their neck of the woods while they Carpe Diem! Seize the Day!!!
Hear ye! Hear ye!
CarnivAOL is back!
What is CarnivAOL you ask?
It is a blog dedicated to showcasing your best journal entries made on an AOL blog!
It is run by Paul, the esteemed writer of Aurora Walking Vacation!
Now, go read CarnivAOL and place it on your alerts, so when Paul calls out for new entries, you can participate by sending him in an entry to!
Okay, my job is done here.... :-D
Go! Read! Submit!!!!!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Paul, over at Aurora Walking Vacation and who also does our CarnivAOL has just posted a wondeful tribute to Pam that has many pictures and is truly wonderful.
I hope you all pop over to see it here: My friend Pamela
Words are what bring us together in life, whether face to face or via the internet, and nowhere is that more evident than now, here in J-Land, as we mourn Pam.
Thank you Paul... I am glad that I have found you here in J-land too.
Monday, April 17, 2006
As many of you know, Pam, of Just One Girls Head Noise UK , crossed over yesterday, losing her battle with lung cancer, but winning in life and in death. Pam is no longer suffering, she joined the Lord on Easter Sunday, a significance not lost on most.
It is those of us who remain who suffer now.
I have been unable to put my feelings and thoughts into words, so I direct you all over to Jody, DUST BUNNY CLUB OF NORTH AMERICA ,
whose entry for Pam, BEAUTIFUL HEADNOISE, says it all.
Friday, April 14, 2006
Please go visit Tish, at The Critter Family and read her most recent entry, VERY DISAPPOINTED VERY , she needs support right now from as many fellow J-Landers as she can get as she faces this tough time in her life!
Happy Easter and Passover to all of J-land!
UPDATE - Due to circumstances beyond her control the own of the abover journal had to switch to private.... :(
Wednesday, April 5, 2006
I don't know how a whole week has gone by!
Things have been hectic and I am basically taking a break from journaling a lot, so I can focus on my jewelry making and my family!
Baseball season has started and with my hubby as head coach of Fuzzy's team, things get very crazy! Lots of practices, phone calls, and starting on Saturday, games, games, games!
Today we had snow flurries. It has been cold and bizarre weather wise...not exactly baseball weather at all. This should make for an interesting twist in the beginning of the season.
We are surrounded my construction on our neighbor's houses, in front of us and behind, and now we will be having some masonry work done to a retaining wall, our back patio and back stairs.
This means walking the dog out front with lots of construction men for her to bark at and distract her; it makes for eventful walks. Libby has gotten much better at not pulling on the leash when I walk her, which is good for my joints in my hands and wrists, but sometimes, she just can't help it! Especially with all the strangers and activity around.
Only about 2 months and week left of school, and piano recital, dance recital and graduation ceremony all ahead for Pumpkin Muffin. Lots to do, lots to do!
My mom took some of my jewelry creations to work with her this past week and sold about $60 for me! I am very grateful and it really makes me feel good to know that people liked my designs enough to want to wear them and pay for it.
Next up, ebay. I am excited to give that a try!
If I haven't left comments on your journal, it doesn't mean that I haven't read it. I am trying to read and comment when I can, sometimes I only get to read. I am here though... email me to say hi whenever you want!
I am sure I will post more again soon.