100 Things About Me! (updated 8/16/07)
I have seen this on a few other journals and decided to give it a try! I doubt that anyone will want to read these all...but hey, it might be fun!
1. I am very happily married.
2. I have 3 kids, 2 boys, 1 girl.
3, I have 4 pets. (now 5, see #7)
4. One is a yellow lab named, Liberty
5. We call her Libby, for short.
6. Two pets are cats, Pumpkin and Tina
7. We now have two Chinese Dwarf Hamsters, Brownie and Peng (chinese for Thunder) Tweak passed in July. One is a Hamster named Tweak. (his name used to be Lightning)
8. I love all furry animals. Even rats. Spiders and lizards I could pass on though as pets.
9. I would have many more pets if not for my hubby.
10. My hubby shares his name with a famous person from yesteryear.
11. I never really liked my name and always wished for a nickname.
12. My parents and I all had the same initials D- A - L before I married.
13. My parents live with us in a in-law type apartment upstairs in our house.
14. I love that my parents are here all the time and wouldn't change it ever.
15. I am always warm. Ever since I was little.
16. I would have definitely had one more child.
17. I love being a stay at home mom.
18. I homeschool my eldest son.
19. People think I am some kind of rebel in my town because I chose to homeschool him, or they think I have a screw lose.
20. I don't care. I did what was best for my son!
21. I miss the toddler years, and watching Little Bear and Winnie the Pooh.
22. I drive a mid size SUV that seats 7, a must have with 3 kids if you ever want to bring home a friend for them.
23. I like to play games and watch tv with my kids.
24. I love being a Mom more than I ever believed I would.
25. I never changed a diaper before my eldest was born....ewww!
26. I still hate changing diapers of other kids... I know, very weird.
27. I never tasted the baby food. My husband tasted all of them.
28. I loved the 80's and used to have big hair!
29. I like all kinds of music!
30. I have Led Zep, Eagles, Randy Travis, Mozart, The Cars, Frank Sinatra and Usher in my cd player in my truck.
31, I love to make beaded jewelry!
32. I love vodka Martinis.
33. I can only have 1 or 2 drinks per month due to the medicines I take for my Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus etc.
34. I usually use them on wine or a margarita.
35. I love the Yankees and the Mets, but the Yankees more.
36. I love the Giants and the Jets, fairly equally.
37. I grew up loving football, the only girl I knew that did back then.
38. I used to hate hockey, and now I LOVE HOCKEY!
39. Go Devils!
40, I got pregnant on my honeymoon. For real. Know the EXACT moment. lol
41. I always think of my honeymoon when hockey comes up.
42. I honeymooned in Lake Placid, NY, and watched little kids play hockey in the Can-Am Tournaments.
43. I love antiquing. I did that on my honeymoon, too.
44. I tried to teach my hubby to ice skate on our honeymoon.
45. I love cold, dry weather, autumn, the best.
46. I love latin, have many latin books, and taught myself the basics of the language.
47. I love all languages, I also have many Spanish and French lesson books.
48. I took 6 years of spanish in elementary and high school.
49. I read voraciously.
50. On a good week, that can be 5-7 books.
51. I love Godzilla movies.
52. I hate King Kong. Probably, because he beats Godzilla in a movie.
53. I love playing Mario Party games with my kids on Nintendo Game Cube! (and now maybe on the Wii, if they ever let me play it!)
54. I love Batman...and if I ever got a tattoo, which I won't, but if I did, I would probably get the bat symbol.
55. I can play a little piano,
56. I like going to museums, all kinds of museums.
57. I love history.
58. I love Star Wars.
59. I love movies, and used to work at a theatre as a manager and projectionist. Reel to reel and everything!
60. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus, (and Sjogren's Syndrome and a brain tumor) but they don't have me.
61. I love to read books with spy/espionage/political/military angles. (Think Vince Flynn and Steven Coonts) and I love to read vampire, supernatural ones, too. (Think Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris)
62. I love science and love anything forensic based.
63. I have been reading Kathy Reichs novels long before the tv show 'Bones' was debuted and based on her books.
64. I love the CSI tv shows, and read all the books, too.
65. My best friend and I used to come home from partying in the 80's, and while somewhat intoxicated, play Trivial Pursuit into the wee hours of morning.
66. I usually won! ;-D
67. She used to love it if she drove when we were out partying, and I was polluted, because she had a better chance of beating me! lol
68. She could totally kick my arse in air hockey. Still can!
69. I am an only child.
70. My best friend became my adoptive sister when she moved in with my family at 18.
71. I have the best sister anyone could ever want, the sister of my heart!
72. I hate carving pumpkins. I actually can gag at even watching it!
73. I don't like the skin on pudding. Gross.
74. I hate rice pudding, as pudding should be smooth, no bumps!
75. I love filet mignon.
76. I make really good Texas Weiner sauce for hot dogs.
77. I make great pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, too.
78, One of my favorite comfort foods is pastina with made with broth in the water, and lots of butter.
79. My dad will still make this for me if I ask him to make it.
80. Yes, I was, and still am, a 'daddy's girl'.
81. My mother and I are a lot alike.
82. I didn't get my mom's 'psycho German cleaning gene', as we call it around here.
83. I hate to clean, but definitely have gotten pickier about the house being neater now that I am getting older!
84. My daughter is more like my mom than I am! (and she continues to get more and more like her each year! Aagh!)
85. #84 scares me a bit, and worries me for the teen years! lol
86. I hate to think of my kids ever moving away!
87. My eldest son has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, and is a 'genius'.
88. My eldest son is very caring and sensitive, and I worry so much more about him being successful than I do my other son or daughter.
89. My middle son is probably the most like me, except for his fresh mouth!
90. My middle son is shockingly charming. (when he wants to be, of course)
91. My daughter is the most determined of my children, and amazes me with her 'stick-to-it-iveness'.
92. My hubby is my best friend.
93. No one can make me laugh like my husband.
94. My hubby is my one and only soul mate.
95. I let my dog sleep on the bed sometimes with me, even though I know my hubby hates that.
96. I love coffee. No, make that worship coffee. lol
97. I love iced tea and bottled water, too. (unsweet on the iced tea)
98. I used to swim on a swim team.
99. I can still tread water for more than 15 minutes.
100. I love to write and I am still working on writing a book.
Wow, that actually was easier than I thought it would be once I got started!
I hope you like it.
I am going to include a link to this in my sidebar like I have seen others do.