Yesterday I spent most of the day just relaxing. I needed that... the rain and sleet and constant state of storms going through the area, has unfortunately woken up my rheumatoid arthritis and made my more sore than I had been.
Tonight, we have the Boy Scout Holiday Awards Dinner. It is a buffet with sausage peppers, baked ziti, rolls, salad, and lots of desserts. Then, the Boys get their merit badges they have earned and any promotions.
Pumpkin and my dad made chocolate chip cookies last night for the dessert table! Yum!
Since Fuzzy is allergic to nuts/peanuts, this ensures that he has at least one 'safe' dessert to eat! It's easier that way for all our peace of mind!
I saw this out on the web and I decided to play along!
List your 5 Favorite Holiday Traditions
1. Tree trimming. I love when we put up the tree and discuss the ornaments. It is a wonderful way to walk down memory lane; from my childhood, to getting married, the birth of each kid, and adding the new ornaments from this year!
2. Dinner out on Christmas Eve. My parents, Hubby, the kids, and myself, go out for a quiet dinner out. It is perfect because on Christmas Day the house is bustling, busy, and filled to the brim with family!
3. Adults opening gifts on Christmas Eve. This tradition started as a way to keep the insanity to a minimum on Christmas morning. After the kids went to bed, my mom, dad, Hubby and myself would exchange. Starting last year, we allowed the kids to stay up and watch, and they give us their gifts, too.
4. Christmas Jammies. I always had a pair when I was kid, and you just have to wear them on Christmas Eve! So do my kids!
5. New Year's Eve at home with friends. Each year we invite some of our friends and their kids, and we have snacks/appetizers, some drinks, and relax! We toast the New Year at midnight with champagne and sparkling cider and then settle in to chat and eat some more!
So, that is that! I hope to see some of you play along!
I am gonna go rest now! I will take a vicodin to get me through tonight, as it will be a long evening and I am sore! My boys just miss a promotion! They are eligible on January 10th! That stinks doesn't it? Now they have to wait to the Year End party!