This time of year is a wonderful time to count your blessings!
Of course, like many of you, I try to do it each and every Thursday, but at this time of year it just seems more special!
It's all about the 'love' baby!!! lol
1. My boys and how hard they have worked at Boy Scouts!
Here is Hammer... he received 8 Merit Badges, including Nuclear Science, one of the most difficult (but not for him), and is two weeks short of his Star Scout promotion.
Next comes Fuzzy!
Fuzzy received 11 Merit Badges, including Architecture, which he completed on his own, and Aviation that he did with Hammer, and his friend, Russ. Fuzzy is also just 2 weeks short of his Star Scout promotion.
Fuzzy looks so much like his dad standing there with his hand in his pocket! LOL (that is the Scoutmaster in the background of both pics)
To put the promotion level in prospective, Scouts enter with no level, then they earn Tenderfoot, followed by 2nd Class, then 1st Class. Next, is Star Scout, Life Scout, and then the ultimate goal and highest of all Scout achievements, Eagle Scout.
My boys have done really wonderful, considering that they have only been Boy Scouts for 18 months. They have each earned their ranks quickly, working hard to complete all the requirements of each rank, prior to the eligibility date of the rank!
Hubby deserves lots of kudos, too! He is assistant Scoutmaster for their benefit, and works hard for them and the whole troop!
The dinner was very nice, the food was good, but we didn't get home until after 9pm, and the boys, not until almost 10pm since they had to do clean-up!
Which leads me to my next Thankful...
2. Hubby drove the kids today! I was able to sleep in (after I got up to blow dry Pumpkin's hair), and it was nice and needed!
3. My mom came home early! It gave us a nice chance to chat and catch up some, and discuss last nights festivities without being interrupted by the kids! LOL
4. My dad picks up the kids! Which means, I get to stay indoors and nice and cozy while we have an icy, sleety, snowy mix today! The weather folks say we are getting some real snow soon... I am waiting. And, hoping!
5. Coffee... mmmmm yes... hot, yummy, and my caffeine deployment system of choice!!!!
6. MRI tomorrow. I am glad to be getting it over with! I am reasonably sure that it will still confirm no MS, but I really want to hear that the brain tumor is NOT growing. That is really the key here.
Okie dokie... time to have another cup of joe and play some Jewel Miner!