Yes, it is Thankful Thursday, again! Time flies! I am very glad that the kitty didn't really eat Santa! LOL
Wow... so much to be thankful for today!
1. Coffee. Oh yeah, you think you knew I would put this up, but you don't know how horrible it was to feel sick after 4 gulps of coffee the other day! So, today, I am SUPER thankful for this heavenly manna, life sustainer, giver of energy and all things good.
2. Hubby is on his way home from his office party early! Yay! Usually he doesn't get in until after the kids are in bed, if not asleep, so this is a real treat. He should be home very soon.
3. That I have vicodin, which makes me sound like an addict, but when you live with chronic pain, drugs like this make living possible. For instance, today I went out to lunch with Hammer and my Mom! And, that was really nice. I couldn't drive because my hip is still messed up, but it was fun to get out and about for the first time since Monday!
4. The kids. How else would I be getting the thrill of passing the 5th and 7th grade again... for multiple times now. LOL Just gotta love all these last minute projects the teachers are giving! Uh, hello?! It's the week before Christmas break!!! Ack!
For example, here are Pumpkin and Fuzzy. Fuzzy had a project on the settling of the original Thirteen Colonies. There was an extra black and white picture left over of William Penn, and Pumpkin decided that he needed a make-over. The results follow:
Ahhh, those crazy kids of mine!!! Apparently William Penn conjurs up Boy George for my daughter... but there ya go. Notice the crevat styled as a road complete with a stop sign at the top.
5. Having an immune system at all. I read about the people struggling with cancer, and even though my immune system is wacky and attacks the good tissues in my body, at least I have one to try to me some good, too.
6. J-Land. You all keep me sane!