Monday, March 3, 2008

Crazy on You

Love this kitty!  It was an email gift - thanks again, Karen!

The song in my title, 'Crazy on You' by Heart has been in my head for a while today.  The funny thing is that I hadn't heard it on years, and then one of the girls sang it on American Idol.

Yesterday, Fuzzy traded in a bunch of video games, and bought a used guitar and Guitar Hero 2 with the trade in money, and sure enough 'Crazy on You' was on there!  Pumpkin, my little female rock god, was great!  lol

Fuzzy is getting a brand new Guitar Hero - the Guitar is bundled with the new software, #3, Legends of Rock, for his birthday.  Getting the spare is so two can play at the same time, and he can practice before his birthday party.  More on that at another time!

Anyhow, it is Monday and my mom, dad, and Hubby are at work, Fuzzy and Pumpkin are at school.  The house is quiet once again. 

Hammer is quietly reading 'The Trouble with Physics' by Lee Smolin.

My mind has been pondering my rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, and how I generally feel. 

My dad made a comment that he thought I was better without the Enbrel.  So, that got me thinking.

To be fair, I haven't been on it the way I should be to be able to really form an opinion about it's efficacy.  I took it for 4 weeks, and thought it was starting to help and then I got sick.  I stopped, waited two weeks, then took another shot, got sick again, and waited two more weeks, until last Monday when I started again. 

Last night, I took shot two in this string.  It will probably be another month before I know if it is doing anything.  Sometimes it is just so hard.  <sigh>

Lately, nothing seems to be happening without a hitch for us.  Not anything major, just life stuff - job issues, money etc.  Very frustrating, but truly nothing bad.  Just inconvenient.  Maybe as the spring comes in so will some smooth sailing and better luck!

Wishing you all a happy Monday, as we enter the new month!

be well,
Dawn

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVVVVE HEART!  I wanted to be them when I was in school.  Thanks...now it's replaced...APLE BOTTOM JEANS...BOOTS WIT DUH FUHHRRR!...LOVE that! ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome! I just copied your cat picture with all the ducks for my daughter - she collects duckies! Hope spring comes soon for you (& me)!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. - Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get through a long enough string of shots to see how effective the Enbrel can be.  I've never tried one of those Guitar Hero games, but I hear they're fun.  I know it seems like there're alot of little things stacking up.  For me too.
                                              Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it seems like that happens to us too -- nothing happening without a hitch.  I hope things get lined out better for you.  I love that song, too, and now it's going through my mind.  Guess I'll have to see if I can download it and listen to it, so it'll get out of my head now!  Take care, and have a great week!
Lori

Anonymous said...

the ups and downs of life; so sorry it is a down time right now, Dawn; hoping the new month brings a lot of good changes and better health for you

betty

Anonymous said...

happy monday

Anonymous said...

My boys love Guitar Hero...  I haven't tried it---it looks pretty addicting though; best not start!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I hear so much about Guitar Hero.  I sort of wish I had young ones again.  I hope you find some relief and your injections do start to work.  It just has to be so frustrating.  This year has been very frustrating for sure.  Hugs  Chris

Anonymous said...

My son LOVES guitar hero. ( He also owns two electric guitars)
You do realize I have Crazy on you stuck in my head now !!!
I think they have some great singers on AI this season.
Be well,
E.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Happy Monday to you, too (though it's practically Tuesday already).  OK, Happy Tuesday.  I hope the Enbrel works like it's supposed to!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

having some inconveniences of my own here so i know what ya mean.. PITA!!!hope the shot does its thing..hugs to you from Florida..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I just saw my first commercial fo Enbrel.  I sure do hope it works for you. Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I hope things start to go smoother for you, I tell ya, it seems that way all around right now.  I feel like I am walking through waist high mud half the time lately.  Let's hope with spring life will smooth out.  I am addicted to Guitar Hero...we just picked it up Saturday and I have been playing so much my arms hurt.  I have to play late at night since that is my only time I am not doing something so I am lacking sleep too!!!!  I can't wait till the Aerosmith one comes out in June..woohoo.
Take care,
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope all works out okay.

Best Wishes
Gina

Anonymous said...

when ever I start feeling overwhelmed by life, I look at you and  your cheery breeziness. I know it's hard.
Sending a hug,
Marti

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the things in life and how hard it is sometimes.  My prayers are with you!!!
Lisa