Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

My picture today... 

Thankful Thursday time again!  Tempus fugit... time flies... she does, she does.

1.     Coffee.  Blessed nectar of life.  Thank you for giving me the 'oomph' I need to get my butt going.

2.     Hammer.  The sweetest man-child ever.  He has officially gotten taller than me.  I am not exactly happy about that, but he is very happy!  LOL  He is always ready to help, make me a cup of coffee, give my shoulders/neck a quick rub, and share a little blurb about something to make me smile.

3.      Pumpkin... I don't need to say anything, here is my silly girl, goofing around with sticky note flags to make Mommy laugh:

 

4.     Fuzzy.  Stomach virus over and he is at school today.  Yay.

5.     My parents.  More reasons than I can recount.  Our kitchen is going to be started on 4/7!  Yay!

6.     Hubby.  Things have been difficult with Scouts lately.  Political crap because certain assistant scoutmasters seem to have their egos tied up in it, when it should be all about the boys.  Hubby is pushing through and trying to keep the focus on what is best for the kids, but it hasn't been easy lately.  No one needs extra stress in their life, but you won't find a dad more dedicated to his kids than my sweet Hubby.  He won't give up, so long as the boys are a part of it.

7.     Bowling.  Thanks to the kids league, I have something to look forward to on this rainy, grey, yucky day!

I hope you all have a list of blessings that you can call to mind when the going gets rough!

be well,
Dawn

ps... This isn't cats, but who can resist Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' no matter who is singing it?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daugther is so cute!  Linda

Anonymous said...

aw pumpkin...so cute....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin is a doll!!  She looks so cute with the stickies & the little horns!  You've got great kids.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

again, all wonderful things to be thankful for!!

Anonymous said...

LOL...  Kids keep us sane--don't they?!  LOL..  Have a great weekend!!  I hope the weather gets better!   Julie

Anonymous said...

Have a good night!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh the summer of '74, Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody!

Pumpkin's so cute : )  (hugs)  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Opps, make that summer of '76.  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Freddy Mercury is laughing in heaven!! and I'm falling off my chair imaging those chicks doing Hungarian Rhapsody lol.  Coffee is gold to you I think lol!! xo CATHY

Anonymous said...

all great things to be thankful for:) have a good friday

Deb

Anonymous said...

LOL...that's the chubbiest kitty I've seen.  Your Pumpkin would have me in stitches.  Thanks for thankful Thursday!  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin....A HAHAHAHA HAAA!!!
:-) Cin

Anonymous said...

I love your thankfuls esp. about your Hammer!  And Pumpkin is a hoot!  Yeah for your husband and his dedication to Boy Scouts.
Traci

Anonymous said...

You have wonderful thankfuls!!!  The pictures of Pumpkin are too cute...  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
How frustrating that something like scouts has to become "political" and that egos come into play.  I still remember the scout oath after all these years ... a scout is:  trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.  Nowhere does it say he should be a "political egomaniac."  The scoutmasters who are aggravating your husband need to clean up their act ... they're setting a bad example for the kids.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Girl scouts are the same. My daughter told me she doesnt even want to be in it next year....sigh.
big hugs,
Ellen