Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It is just too early for Easter for me... however, the calendar, nor time, heeds my wishes, so here we are... almost Easter!

Today is the first day of spring... but more importantly...

Gaz and Phil's Wedding Day!!! (Diary of a podgy poof!)

Congratulations to you both!!!  26 years together already, and I wish another 26 years, and another for you both, full of love, joy, wealth, health, and happiness, now and for always!

I am very thankful for getting to know you, dear Gary!

The rest of my Thankfuls...

1.     Hammer got his first 100% complete on Guitar Hero today!  At first, he was reluctant to play at all, thinking it would be too hard for him.  I am so glad he changed his mind, and has kept at it for the last 2 weeks!  Great job, Hammer! ;-) 

Sometimes, it is nice to achieve 'fun' goals, too!

2.     I am happy for Pumpkin that even though one boy told her she can be a little 'weird' this week, another boy asked several girls why they couldn't be more 'fun' like Pumpkin!  (she was laughing at their fart jokes...)

Most of all, I am happy that my daughter likes herself, and is confident enough to brush off any one who doesn't find her 'uniqueness' to their liking.  I wish I had been more like that as a kid her age!

3.     Fuzzy's birthday sleepover extravaganza is tomorrow!  Yay!  Although we lost one guest when their parents decided to make an unexpected Easter weekend visit, the other two boys are still coming.  So, bowling league afterschool, then White Castle dinner, movies, Guitar Hero, more movies, and sleepover. 

Breakfast in the am, and more Xbox, Wii etc.  A fun day to be had by all.  Fuzzy has waited an extra week to celebrate, and he deserves some fun.

4.     I sold my first custom ordered two pairs of earrings for a bridal party!  Yay!  I was so excited, I forgot to take pictures, but that is okay.  Pumpkin deserves special credit as saleswoman, as this was a teacher at her school!

5.     Music and the ipod.  Sometimes all you need is a little 80's rock n roll to get that blood pumping and a smile on your face!!!

Today for me it was a little Ozzie with 'Crazy Train', Scorpions with 'Rock you like a Hurricane' and Poison with 'Talk Dirty to Me'!!!  Yep!   Almost makes me want big hair again!  Almost... lol

6.     Coffee is good.  It is warm.  It is rich and full bodied tasting.  It fills all  your senses at once.  Ahhhh.....  Yeah... it was that good this morning, as is the cup of decaf I am drinking now.

7.     It is good to my computer to come to when I can't sleep.  Blogging and entry and maybe a little online game playing and soon, hopefully, I will be snoring away.  :-)

8.     I know I probably bore you all with this too much, but books are really amazing.  There is a huge amount of knowledge out there to be had, just waiting for you.  You can self-teach yourself, or enrich yourself learning about anything you can imagine!  And, if you can't afford to buy it, you can go to the library for it... worlds, cultures, ideas, facts, histories, languages... it's all there for the taking!

Alrighty then... time to hit the sack again, and give it another go!

be well,
Dawn

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww those pics are just too cute!  Yes, Easter has come early this year.

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

with cold temps and snow on the ground..... Easter is way too early!!!!
Congrats to Phil and Gaz... what an exciting day for both of them... I to wish them more years of happiness!  Can't wait to see the pictures.
Have a great day ... and happy spring
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I'm with gaz and Phil in spirit today too!
have a great weekend hun!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Ahh the joys of books.  I just finished Water for Elephants.  What a book.  I used to read more non fiction than fiction.  Now it is a toss.  
My Emma loves the lol cat at the top!  She keeps telling the kitty to take off her bunny ears and show her real ears.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pumpkin, its good to be original and unique !
big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

congrats you sold some jewelry, Dawn!! hoping Fuzzy's party goes well; congrats to Hammer for his persistence with Guitar Hero and seems like you are raising a fantastic young woman in Pumpkin!

betty

Anonymous said...

I admire Pumpkin for being unique...good for her!  Once again a great list of what you are thankful for, you've got such wonderful kids!  The best I've done on GH is 94%....still shooting for that 100!   Love the bunny/cat...so cute!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great list for this SPRING day. I really want to see some photos of your jewelry work...Pleeeeeeeze.
:-) Cin

Anonymous said...

Great Thankfuls.....(especially the 80's music....that is what is on my iPod & I just wrote down Ozzy)....

I have Journey, REO, John Cougar (w/o the Mellencamp - but I like both)


Have a great one DAwn......

Michele

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a wonderful thing to sit back and realize just how much the small things can please us?  Thank you for thankful Thursday.  LOL...yep, Easter is way too early this year but it will be another 100 or so years before this happens again.  We're back in April next years.  Bunny Hugs, Chris

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't enjoy music from the 80's?  Memories!!  Have a good day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Happy End of the week!!!  My kids discovred Wii last weekend!  Now they want it.  Looks fun!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I played Guitar Hero at Christmas.  Hehee, the kids (28 & 29) begged me to stop playing...the noise was annoying.  LOL : )  I actually liked it.  Darn fingers didn't want to work, but I had fun anyways.

~Bethe  

Anonymous said...

Morninggggggggg, dah, dahhhhh, Mr Married here. I just wanted to thank you so much for all your kind words and comments.
Love ya. Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I can't believe it's already Spring ... seems like Winter just flew by.
Best,
Marty