Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Needle a Month, Keeps the Doctor Away... ha ha ha

Tomorrow is IV day in NYC!  Yippeee! 

Which explains why I am still awake... I get a little bit antsy, and especially after my little phlebitis-y thing last month...

Well, what will be will be.  I will make sure they go for the IV in my right arm, giving the left a rest.  That is all I can do, the rest is up to the sweet and capable RN's that care for me while I am there.

Remember how I said my sweet kidlets were 'letting' me sleep late?

Here is a run down of how that works, using this morning (uh, actually now, yesterday morning) as an example.

5:45 am     Alarm goes off and I go wake Hubby for work.

6:30 am     My mom leaves for work, and although she is very quiet, I have to pee, so I can't just roll over and go back to sleep.

8:30 am     Fuzzy comes in to tell me that he has slept late this morning, until just now!

10:00 am     Fuzzy and Pumpkin come in to wake me to confirm that I would, in fact, like to sleep late, possible until 11 am-ish.

10:20 am     Pumpkin returns to tell me her playdate has been confirmed for 12:30 pm, at her friends house.

10:50 am     Fuzzy arrives, phone in hand, asking if his friend can come over for a playdate at 12:30 pm.

10:55 am     I tell Fuzzy to hop in the bed and talk to me for a minute as I get my wits about me to get up because I have a horrible headache. 

Fuzzy looks at me with a confused look and says, 'But, Mom, don't you want to keep sleeping for a while longer?'

Uh, sleep?  Yeah...but, I give up!  I don't know how much more of this 'sleep' I can take!!!!

Instead, I just smiled, and got up, and stumbled to the kitchen for my coffee. 

In case I haven't said it enough, thank the Lord for coffee, and for the GENIUS that first poured hot water over the crushed roasted beans!  THANK YOU!!!!

be well,
Dawn

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
I always think about your IV days.  I will be thinking of you today.

Yes, coffee is one of God's most amazing creations.   The only thing better would be Juan Valdez in my kitchen brewing it for me.  Once in a while I will wake to the machine all ready and all I have to do is push the button.  When I do get out I make sure to drive through McDonald's.  Their coffee is delicious.

Hugs and prayers for you today.  Love bunches, Lu

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I thought my kids were the only ones that do that!!!
Good luck in NYC today ,  weather should be nice here !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Dawn dear, I am praying all will go well for your IV.  How sweet of Pumpkin and Fuzzy to help you sleep in lol!  Bless their hearts.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

lol ur excited i kno things will go well talk 2 u later.

Anonymous said...

hope your IV treatment stuff goes well tomorrow; probably won't have too much of a chance to comment in journals until on the other side, i.e. California, so will catch up with you then.

I love your kids letting you sleep in. And I bet they were so proud of the fact that they were doing so :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Sounds ouchies to me:(
Dianna

Anonymous said...

The problem with that kind of sleeping late is you become so used to sleeping late in little segments that if by chance a miracle occurs and there is no noise, no having to pee, and no kids ..... your brain mechanisms will wake you up because that is how your brain sees 'sleeping late'.  It's called being a mother!  Good luck with IV day.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the poking.  I couldn't agree more about about those crushed roasted beans with hot water poured over them.  I can't even begin to function without my first cup of coffee...HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hope it goes easy for you.  I don't think the word Mom and rest go well together! Only way would be to rent a motel room, put a sign on the door and keep the world out...and we know that is not you...I have not been journaling but I do keep you in mind and prayer....Sandi

Anonymous said...

You sure had a busy day. I hate getting up early. By the way, the orange type you used today about killed me for reading on the greay background. Have a great weekend. Regards, Bill.