What better way to start the New Year, than with a meme!
This is from my friend, Dawn, at From Thought 2 Finger
1. YOUR GANGSTER NAME: (fav. ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Chocolate Brownie Oreo
2. YOUR "FLY Guy/Girl" NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letter of last name) DLav (I used my maiden name)
3. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Sage Panther
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) - Ann Hackensack
5. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car)Pepper Trailblazer
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters ofyour first) Lavda
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite alcoholic drink put "The") The Burgundy Martini
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Harry Arthur Ray (I had 2 grandpa's and a step grandpa!)
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne, favorite candy) Shalimar Godiva (Daaayyum! That is a good name! I missed my calling! LoL)
10. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother's & father's middle names) Ann Arthur
Okie Dokie everyone... that was fun!
And, here is another from Dawn also!
The Name List
Take the letters of your name and list as many things within your sight that start with each letter:
D: dog, dust bunnies, Dennis, aka my Dad, dishes, digital displays, DS (nintendo), dish towel, dining room table
A: artwork (kids), apple, appliances
W: window, walls, wick, wipes
N: napkins, Nextel charger, Nextel phone, naked kid who should be in shower!
That was fun, but harder than it looks!!!
Last night was quiet here. We went out to a favorite restaurant for dinner, came home and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD, then saw the ball drop in NYC. After a quick round of toasting with sparkling apple cider, hugs and kisses, it was off to bed for all of us!
We got up at 9am and went out to breakfast! This was my idea, to get the kids back into 'almost' school schedule! (Stop snickering, Kathy and Karol! I can get up early when I have to do it!) Amen to COFFEE! lol
This way, tonight they will be VERY tired, go to sleep on time (which will seem early) and then they will get up happily at 7am. Or at least that's the plan. I will let you know how it works upon execution tomorrow morning! LOL
We got Xbox Live hook up so my son's can now kill other people playing Halo 3 besides each other, their sister, and their father. We are supervising this very carefully, and they can only go on live when we are home to put in the password. They of course, are thrilled.
My dad is still off for the rest of the week, so that will be fun!
Remember I mentioned that Libby was sick? She had this mammary gland tumor on her nipple that we had biopsied in the summer. It was benign. It is also going to be about $1500 to remove. Well, we don't know how, but last weekend, she must have irritated it and it got infected!
Christmas Eve at noon we had to rush her to the vets. A gigantic shot of antibiotics, and a shot of anti-inflammatory, and 10 days worth of each for at home, and $350 later, we came home. The poor baby was so sick though, just not right at all.
She was better on Christmas, but really not back to normal until the 27th. Now, we have to get her rechecked this week, and then have the surgery done soon. The vet said that it could still have turned cancerous, but probably not. I really hope not... that would be another huge issue to deal with.
We are also in the process of getting estimates for our kitchen. Dad and I are in the process with Lowe's, and we want to go to a local place for a second estimate this week also.
So, that is my plan for the next couple of days! Dad and I will be running errands... dog and kitchen related! LOL
Having homemade sauce (gravy) and ravioli tonight! Gotta go!