Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Wow!  I have been trying to do an entry for about 5 hours!  I hope this works!

Thursday is here again!  Wow... that was quick!

1.     Coffee.  Oh yes... thank you, thank you, thank you!

2.     Dayquil.  Day 5 of a head cold, which is more a nuisance than much else, but without Dayquil, I am sure it would be worse!  lol

3.     Kids.  Hammer pretended to ice skate across the room today, in his socks, hands behind his back and all, and it was my first belly laugh of the day!  :-)

4.     Father/Son Scout Weekend.  This weekend the boys will be gone!  Kathy is going to come up with J, spend the night on Saturday night, and since she has to go to school for the day Sunday (which is north of here, and she lives south), J will hang out with us for the whole day!  Fun!  I am looking forward to the quality time Pumpkin and I will share with them while the boys share their quality time!

5.     Libby.  My sweet labby is having her surgery next week! 

6.     Mystic Pizza.  Tonight's dinner.  Yum.

7.     The internet.  The support I get here in JLand and from my Rheumatoid Arthritis email loop is priceless and truly irreplaceable.  You keep my wits about me!

That is that. Week 2 of 2008, already almost gone!  Wow.

Many of you chastised me for not grabbing a camera yesterday morning when Pumpkin and I shared the beautiful sunrise.  I have to tell you, my mind, body and hands are just not that quick in the AM!  LOL

Maybe next time... but believe me, the entire memory of yesterday morning is permanently etched in my mind.  I smiled many times today thinking about it.

Big football games ahead this weekend!  Hubby was so worried about missing the Giants/Dallas game, but since it won't be until Sunday at 4pm, he will be home in plenty of time!  I am certain that he and several of the dad's would be bringing a tv along for the game if it ended up being on Saturday! 

Actually, since there are some good games on this Saturday, their may be a tv being smuggled in anyhow!  This trip they are in cabins that have bathrooms and electric, so it is possible!

I keep joking with them that this is the 'manly men' weekend!  Card playing, belching, and farting are the sports of choice!  LOL

Keep your fingers crossed that this entry saves!

be well,
Dawn

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

i been having lots of aol problems too, grrr.
Hoping your head cold gets better soon. {{}}
Sending up a prayer for Libby next week from me & the girls.
The support here is awesome, I agree!  :)
Have a good Fri & wkend.
Smooches,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Great pics...I just love that big guy in the top picture, he looks just like my Nemo!
Sounds like you are going to have a nice weekend while the guys have their manly-man time....even with a smuggled tv!!!  I hope your cold starts to get better, they can be such a pain in the butt!!!!  Feel better soon!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there is a wonderful weekend ahead for everyone with Kathy visiting and the boys away on a weekend retreat. J-land has some very special people in it's midst and your one of them. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers on the smoke and Libby too, for a safe surgery. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

It saved--it saved!!!  Man...  I wish there was a "manly weekend" for the men in my family... A day with just my daughter would be quite lovely.  Weekend is almost here!  Have fun!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

Manly men weekend eh? LOL!  Men, cant live w/o em, cant kill em.  Hey Dawn I didnt know you had such zip in the a.m. whats yer secret!?  BTW I'll be whispering a little prayer to St. Francis of Assisi for Libby next week, hope surgery goes well I'm sure it will.  Stay sweet - xoxo  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good weekend for your family..i hope you feel better quick.
hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

wonderful things to be thankful for! do enjoy your mother/daughter time :)

betty

Anonymous said...

lots of love Dawn!
natalie

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty pics!!! This month is flying by isn't it?
Take care and God Bless.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

lol..I just love those kitty pics..specially the "kittyquotes" (hey I made that one up!)
Gem :-D

Anonymous said...

loved the manly men comments - you had ME cracking up!  was thinking of you tonight as we were shopping in sarasota.  found a bunch of pieces of "flair" with coffee-related sayings on them.  i even took pictures of them!  now ... if i could only figure out how to upload them onto my computer!  lol  counting down the hours 'til football wknd!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ROFPMSL at the next to last line of your post.You hit the nail on the head there with that phrase Dawn Love it LOL!! Son will be cheering and watching too He will be doing just as you say,your men will  I should imagine LOL!! Love the pics .Only just got the alert through .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http:/journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

GO GIANTS !!!
Have a great time With  Kathy and james, that sounds like fun!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your were finally able to post.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Well crap! Now you've gone and made me feel bad for asking for the dang pic! LOL Lub Ya Dawn!

Great Kitteh Pics.....Brenda

Anonymous said...

Doesn't time seem to fly?  I am rooting for your Giants, since none of my teams are in the playoffs!  Have yourself a great weekend with Kathy and James, and hope that headcold feels better really soon.
                                 Go Giants~!      Leigh

Anonymous said...

LOL...cheesypoofs!  :)
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun on both sides. Your graphics really crack me up...stay well..love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

I never remember to pick a camera up.  I'm awful with picture taking.  Anyway, I'm rooting for the Giants.  Heck, I just want someone, anyone to beat the Patriots :(  Keeping your Libby in my prayers also.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

You seem like such an awesome lady, a cool mom and a great wife! Good luck with everything in your life!


                                                                                                                                                                                              Rachel