Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kitchen Remodel - Day 2

Here are two pictures of how the kitchen looked at 7am today.

That is the shot toward the L, no cabinets over there yet.  Note the sub-floor was skinned with wood prior to cabinets being set.

This picture is of the inside wall, one cabinet left to install on that side.

Last night, we received a computer call that the appliances were all being delivered between 8-10am.  Perfect.

Instead, the door bell rang at 7:10am, with me in jammies, while I was just waking the kids!!!  ACK!

Well, early is always better than late... so, it was just fine!

Here is the picture of the L section as of 1pm today!

They are installing more as I type this!  The refrigerator is also set in place on the inside wall, I will show pictures of that later!

We were not moving any walls, so obviously that is why they are able to go so fast.  However, every other place we got estimates from said 2-3 weeks, plus time for the countertop.  Sears Home Improvements was the only one that said less than week.  We didn't believe them!!! 

Hubby stayed home with me today because he saw how nervous I was last night!  I am so thankful!  He also knew I was tired and sore, so after the kids left at 8am, I went back to bed, and in spite of the noise I did sleep for about 4 hours!!! 

I love my Hubby!  He is out picking up lunch right now! 

More to come later...  I feel like I am hosting a home show!!! 

be well,
Dawn

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking good!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Looking good!  My cabinets also came from Sears.  (28 years ago)  This year the first door came off.  I think that is a pretty good record.   I am thinking of having new doors and top put on as the cabinets are still sturdy.  What flooring did you choose.?  I need to decide.     Good luck with everything.      Pat

Anonymous said...

wow they put all of that stuff up quick!

Anonymous said...

They are working very fast. Can't wait to see more.

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

So, what fabulous new recipe will be your first creation in your new kitchen? --Cin

Anonymous said...

It's looking great so far!  :)  What's for lunch?  I'm starving!!  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful  husband!  Things are starting to look good!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!  What a nice thing to have real professionals doing the work!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear what will be cooking up in your new kitchen ~ So excited for you. Take care and enjoy,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Wow they are doing a great job - it's looking great already!
Can't wait to see it when it's done!
Glad you got to sleep - I hope your feeling better.

love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

How fast it's going! Taking DIL & kids (plus Son) a couple mos to remodel here!!! Of course they are only working part of the wkends & don't really know what they're doing. LOL
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Wow they are moving right along.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet husband you have, Dawn!! I'm sure he will definitely be on your list on Thursday Thankfuls!!

can't wait to see more progress on your kitchen and then, of course, the grand opening :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Things are progressing nicely, Dawn - can't wait (and neither can you probably) for the end result!

Anonymous said...

I was going to mention that it looked like an episode on HGTV.  Geez, I just love those cabinets.  I'm getting anxious to see the end result.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am so happy for you. Looks like they may finish it by the weekend. Guess you can't go wrong with Sears.
Good luck with it and try to get a nap every day, Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi I your blog was listed on the blog home page so I stopped in.  The kitchen is going to look awesome when its done.  I will have to remember to try sears if I ever need kitchen remodeling.  Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Have a good day,
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's going so fast !  Your kitchen is so similar to mine. Do you remember when I did mine? Glad you got to go back to sleep. Good for you.
Big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Looking good, i bet you are getting anxious for it to be done already!!!  You've got such a great hubby.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are going to love it! I still just stand and look at my kitchen and feel so happy...
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

How cool!  Where is the coffee maker going?!

Anonymous said...

Awww bless your hubby..........glad to see it's progressing nicely xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Exciting to see the evolution of your kitchen.  Don't sweat the fact that they were early ... what a rarity!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

What progress!!!!
Gillie