Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sunshine on My Shoulders

It is not raining!  Yay!  Sun is shining!  Yay! 

I would like to say I was sleeping yesterday waiting for Caturday...  but I wasn't!

Mom and I finished the kitchen packing.  And, Dad too.  We worked from 9:30am until about 5pm when we ate dinner.  It was a long, long, day. 

I slept today for 14 hours.  I was a sore blob of red joints.  Still a bit swollen, but rested.

Pumpkin is learning Billy Joel's 'Piano Man' and she is doing a great job.  She has such a gift.  It comes very easy to her, I wish I had been that lucky with music when I was a kid!

Tonight we are going to the Olive Garden!  We tried to go last week and it was an hour and half wait!  Ack! 

Tomorrow, Kathy is coming with my nephew J!  Yay!  I will have pics as we are going to see our historical train station! 

be well,
Dawn

ps.  This lolcat is for Pumpkin who LOVES curley fries!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Here's to "Sunshine on (Your) Shoulders!"  I had forgotten all about that old John Denver song ... thanks for the reminder.  Your day of packing sounded like perverse fun -- always nice to do things around the house with the parents -- until you mentioned that the experience left you feeling like a sore blob of red joints.  At least the ordeal is behind you and you can enjoy some sunshine!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Feeling rested is good...that means you can beat everything else that comes at you.  That's the best thing I got out of the flu last weekend...plenty of rest!  Unfortunately, reality was waiting for me this weekend to bite me.  If you don't mind, I think I'll sleep in until next Caturday.  

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice Caturday ;-)  LOL.........Glad the kitchen packing is done xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

My gosh ~ how that cat is twisted!!!  You surely deserve your dinner at Olive Garden after all the work you have been doing with the packing.  You guys had a full day!!  I hope you enjoy your evening.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

im not feeling good i havent seen outside :(

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Olive Garden....and try not to get too sick of "Piano Man" this weekend.  ;)

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that is so much work to do.  Have fun at the yummy Olive Garden.  That's one of my favorites.  We had a sunny day today also...yay!  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

LOL I love the curly fries one!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Olive Garden, yum, a favorite of mine; enjoy!! WTG for all getting the kitchen packed up

betty

Anonymous said...

I love that song!
She must be doing very well wiht her lessons
Marti

Anonymous said...

Glad you go the kitchen packed.  What a chore!  Now you are one step closer to having that new Kitch.  Hope you aren't too sore today hun.  

hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

glad the kitchen is packed up....WTG Pumpkin!!!!

Hope you feel ok today!

Love the curly fry kitty.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Ah,Billy Joel, a hometown boy ! (Born and raised on Long Island!)
Glad your all packed up ! Hope your feeling good.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

MMMM, I like curly fries, too. Haven't seen any out here! --Cin

Anonymous said...

The Olive Garden is great!  It's my youngest favorite restaurant of all time!  (It's mine too because it's the only place he behaves at...)  Congratulations on getting the kitchen ready!!  I'm sure your glad it's over!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I love the curly fries LOL cat!! :)
Gillie