It's me... Thursday Thankfuls coming at you with an update all rolled into one...
1. I am thankful that our pediatrician realized on Monday that something is really wrong that Fuzzy keeps getting worse.
2. I am thankful that Hubby was able to bring him straight to the pediatric specialist that helped us before, with no notice.
3. I am thankful that I am a stay at home mom, so that while Fuzzy was removed from all his asthma medicines and bombarded with adult strength steriods to take down his lung inflammation (his breathing capacity was at 75% ish), and adult strength antibiotics to deal with a raging sinus infection, he could cuddle up with me.
And, lean on me, sleep with me, and cry with me holding him, because until the new meds started to work, it was really not fun.
4. I am thankful that Fuzzy began to get better early on Wednesday afternoon...
.... before the raging rash hit him, and we found out that he was allergic to the antibiotic (and the steriods were surpressing the reaction at first). I kid you not.
5. I am thankful that the benedryl worked and we were able to stop the itching so later poor Fuzzy did have a good night sleep.
6. I am very grateful that Hubby didn't call for the 'men in white coats' to take me away when I burst into tears asking for a Haagen Daz Ice Cream bar when he walked in at 9:30pm Wednesday after Boy Scouts, and instead went back out to get one for me. (yes, the dark chocolate with chocolate ice cream)
7. I am very thankful that Fuzzy took the new adult strength antibiotic this morning, and that (so far) there has been no allergic reaction.
8. I am very thankful that through this all Fuzzy's school has been very supportive and concerned.
9. I am very thankful that the cold/cough I started the week with has gotten much better, although it is back into that lingering stage.
10. I am very, very, thankful that 'momma told me there would be days like this', but really wish that there weren't also weeks, months, and years! Ack!
11. I am very thankful that maybe, just maybe, the worst is over, but I am knocking wood as I type this out.
So... that's my life in a nutshell. I'll be back again soon.