Monday, April 14, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

... Life in the Fast Lane but going nowhere, about sums it up!

I did make it out with for coffee with Laura on Friday night, and it was really nice.  We need to meet again this week.  :-)

Unfortunately, when I got home, I found that Fuzzy was back from his dance with Hubby.  He only made it about an hour before he started to feel bad and wanted to come home for nebulizer treatment.

We did our best for Fuzzy all weekend, but we need to get him to the pediatrician today (at 2pm) and get him on stronger meds.  Probably back on oral steriods for a while and maybe an antibiotic until we knock this clear out of his system. 

Fuzzy is very frustrated.  Not only has he missed school today, he has missed at total of 4 baseball games, a Boy Scout fund raiser, and he is very worried about missing the junior Police Academy next week.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I am also struggling with the cough/cold thing again.  It was inevitable.  As soon as Pumpkin got it, passed it to Fuzzy, well, I knew my name was on the list in capital letters.  Unavoidable.

In kitchen news, we have purchased the tile for the backsplash, and that will hopefully be installed next week shortly after the countertop.

I am very behind on journals, and I apologize.  I will do my best to catch up, but it may take a while.  I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

be well,
Dawn

ps... I hope the Star Wars themed lolcats made you chuckle!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee sorry to hear Fuzzy has been missing so much....I sure hope the Doc can get the poor kid fixed up.  Hoping your cold improves & sending Prayers your way for all.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Poor Fuzzy.  I hope the Doctor can get him back to participating in things again really soon.  This is the time of year when kids start going full speed ahead.  And I hope Mom can shake her cough, too.  Kitchen remodeling is so tough-cooking and eating in a construction zone can get old really quick, but the end result sounds like it will be well worth it.  You have a great week, hang in there!
                                           Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

I hope Fuzzy feels better soon!
Missie

Anonymous said...

poor Fuzzy and then in turn, poor you, Dawn!!

hoping the doctor helps him to get to feeling better soon

betty

Anonymous said...

Geeps Dawn, I feel bad about yer cold but these pix are making me fall off the chair lmao!!!  Love the Hans Solo one, purrrrfect!!!  XOXO CATHY

Anonymous said...

I hope that you all start to feel better soon! Many prayers!
I love your kitchen :)

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I hope Fuzzy gets back on track and doesn't miss out on anything else. You guys have had a sick winter. Hope the spring air gets you all breathing freely again.
Hans Solo kitteh...heehheee!! --Cin

Anonymous said...

OH gosh..  I hope your son feels better soon!  :(  Sending good thoughts and prayers..  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

definitely thinking of you guys!  Tell Fuzzy to hang in there (and you, too).
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Poor Fuzzy. I understand the frustration.
Cant wait to see the backsplash and countop you picked out !
Hope today Fuzzy and everyone else feels better.
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Fuzzy prayers being said..that sounded wrong but you get the idea...LOL
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Poor Fuzzy and poor you! Hope all of you are soon well.

Love the second cat picture!

Linda x

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the lolcatz as usual :o)  Sorry to hear about fuzzy poor thing :(  Definitely in my thoughts and best wishes that he will make it to junior Police Academy.  Glad the kitchen is coming along and sorry to hear that you've got the cough cold thingy xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

love the kitty at the bottom...made me laugh my butt off!!! Hope yall get to feeling better!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Hiya Sweetie! Both my kids had (still have) asthma, but as children the days & nights of treatments, medications ans doctor's appts was exhausting.  I don't know how you do it!  Hope you beat this cold. Are you on medications that suppress your immune system?  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

I hope you and the whole royal brood are feeling better by now!

Russ

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Fuzzy has been having such a rough time of it.  I hope that he gets the stronger meds he needs and doesn't have to miss out on any of his activities.  Especially Junior Police Academy!  You get to feeling better too, okay?
Lori

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all feeling a bit better. Up your coffee intake. Thats my usual answer to feeling a bit under the weather.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

I love your cats tags and caption....so amusing!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww poor Fuzzy! :(
Both LOL cats are a scream!!  We are big into Indiana Jones right now! :)
Gillie