Saturday, April 9, 2005

Baseball's Opening Day!

What a glorious day!  Not a cloud in the sky! 

Today was ds10's opening day for baseball.  Parade in the am, game at 3pm.  They started out great.  My son doubled on his first at bat, flied out for two others.  1 for 3 ain't bad!  The pop flies he really hit hard, when he straightens those out - look out!

  They lost though, 12-5.  Bummer.  He also pitched and did great, unfortunately, the fielding by other team members was lacking.  He also did some amazing footwork to cover 2nd base while playing short stop and got a difficult out on a fast runner.  He was really happy.  I think they all had the jitters a bit and the next games should really see it all come together!!  

The Coach (my dear hubby) is exhausted and fell asleep on the couch at 10pm.  LOL  Kids were also exhausted from their big day and running around up at the park.  There is a fair for opening day with all kinds of free food and stuff, so it is nice.  Of course, I drank too much caffeine at dinner, and now I am awake and everyone else is snoring!  Even Libby & the cats!  

Thank you everyone who has been reading and leaving me comments!! It makes me feel so good!   

This is such a crazy busy weekend and I haven't been able to get over to the Lupus Board at all, so I apologize to my Lupies...I will get there soon.  

Be well - Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like ya'll had a great day!!

Love ya,
Susan

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW, I'm picturing all the little ones sleeping away, and the coach sacked out as well, lol.  I used to coach my son's rookie league team, what a blast that was!  And yes, exhausting, lol.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day, we have beautiful weather here in St. Louis, as well.  Raining like crazy now... but we had a gorgeous weekend!

Take care dear, and get some rest.  On nights like this I have my little friend Ambien as a bed partner, lol

love, ((((hugs)))) and prayers

Melissa