Hubby has been great lately and I truly appreciate it. Since my IV medicine, I have returned to about 75% of where I normally am at. Not bad, but, I am looking forward to next month and getting back to normal, or at least what 'normal' is for me with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Nothing like the reality check of not having a medicine to be sure it is working for you! ;-D
I am not sure that Hubby will be thrilled with the way I have chosen to thank him, but I saw someone else do this on a journal a while back, not sure where, and thought I would give it a try!
I also found the KoolAid graphic above just for Hubby! He has always wanted to dress as him for Halloween. lol
Without further ado, here are 42 things about my fabulous Hubby!
1. He is big and tall. 6'3" and about 300 lbs.
2. He wears a size 54 athletic cut suit jacket, and I love his big shoulders.
3. He is a great father.
4. He is my best friend.
5. He rocks my world. (imagine my waggling eyebrows here!)
6. He is exactly 2 months and 2 days older than me.
7. He always makes me laugh, and I love that.
8. He isn't as funny as he thinks he is all the time.
9. He is very smart and loves to read and watch educational shows all the time. (good thing, so do I!)
10. He loves Mythbusters and thinks he totally missed his calling in life!
11. He likes Batman because he doesn't have super powers, just money, guts and brains.
12. He also likes Wolverine and the Hulk. (can u say anger issues? lol)
13. He was the 5th child out of 7, the second and only other boy.
14. He had an invisible friend named #5. (yes, I think it speaks volumes too!)
15. He had German Shepherds growing up.
16. He had a swimming pool in his backyard.
17. He had an empty lot adjacent to the pool in his backyard.
18. Hubby's friend tried to pull a donut in the mud in the lot adjacent to the pool, lost control of the car and slid into the pool, knocking said pool down, flooding the yard.
19. He majored in biology in college.
20. He never went into sports medicine, as was his plan.
21. The first time Hubby ate lobster was our 2nd date.
22. He is very romantic and sweet, and buys flowers, candy, cards, leaves notes, poems, and never forgets an important date.
23. He has amazing hazel eyes that have green, light brown, and dark brown all swirled together.
24. He never drove a stick shift until we dated, and unfortunately, it was my car that he learned on.
25. Hubby's home town used to be in the Guiness World Book of Records in the 1970's because it had the most bars in a square mile area.
26. He has not drank since June 1991, 5 months prior to our wedding.
27. Hubby likes to slow dance with me at home with no music.
28. He loves Elvis and Sinatra as much as he loves Ozzie, Zeppelin and U2.
29. He is an Assistant Scoutmaster for the Boys Scouts of America.
30. He is a head coach for baseball for our middle son's team.
31. He likes to go to batting cages and hit baseballs for fun.
32. He likes to play golf and go to the driving range for fun.
33. He doesn't bowl very well at all, but he can ski!
34. He ice skated for the very first time while on our honeymoon in Lake Placid.
35. He used to scuba dive.
36. He loves ice hockey and used to be a NY Ranger fan, but now is a NJ Devils fan. (which pisses off my best friend/sister Kathy like there is no tomorrow!)
37. He is a huge football fan and loves the NY Giants, and whoever is playing the Dallas Cowboys. tee hee
38. He is a big NY Yankee fan, too, and has gone to games in the luxury box for work! (I am quite jealous of this!)
39. His favorite catcher of all time is Johnny Bench from the Cincinnati Reds, and has an autographed baseball of Bench's. (a gift from me a few years ago)
40. His favorite Yankee and player of all time is Lou Gehrig, but no autograph yet. :(
41. He loves to play Madden '07 on Xbox. (and '06, 05, '04...you get the idea)
42. Last but not least... Hubby loves white chocolate, medium ribeye or porterhouse steaks, jumbo shrimp cocktail, Godiva Cheesecake and most of all, me, the kids, and my mom and dad, 'a ton and a ton and a ton'! (to quote my Hubby as he says good night to the kids each night)
update: It isn't his birthday... just did this now as a 'thank you'!