Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Postponement

Hello!  I have postponed my appointment tomorrow of my rheumatoid arthritis IV medicine, Orencia.

My husband has a big work issue that is interfering with the day.  He was still going to take me to the appointment and then bring me home, but then he was going to rush back into NYC to work.  This work thing involves letting go some of his men and restructuring and phasing out his division.  This is not a surprise, it has been coming for a while, but on Monday, his bosses chose Thursday to be the day.

Although Hubby is not losing his job, many are, and it is not going to be an easy day. 

I chose to postpone the IV even though Hubby told me not to do so.

The bottom line is that I did if for me, as much as for him.  He will be distracted, getting lots of calls, and totally stressed out about having to deal with me and then rushing back into NYC after. 

I don't want him to be that stressed, but I also don't want all that stress and tenseness around me either.  I have my own issues and worries on IV day, (will they get my blood easily?  will the IV go in okay? etc) and selfishly, I want his focus on me, as my support system. 

So, I will wait until Tuesday morning for the IV.  I will be sore a few days longer, but it will be worth it.  For us both, in the long run.

My Hubby doesn't get why I feel this was necessary... but, just like Einstein above... he probably never will!  ;-D


We had more snow, a nice blanket of white, but it disappeared quickly, as it was just about an inch again.

Tomorrow night the rumor is 4 inches of snow.  Wouldn't that be great?  I think so, and so do the kids!

be well,


mrsm711 said...

Tuesday it is and a good choice at that.  4" of snow?  Is it possible to be too cold to snow?  If so, I'm in luck.  It will be -7 on Saturday for us here in WI.     Tracy

tenyearnap said...

Oh I think you made a good decision to postpone. You need your support system in place. Hope you get more snow!--Cin

cherry2sweet2eat said...

i hope you feel good until your next iv med :)

coelha said...

Sorry for your postponement...but, if I was in the same situation, I would wait until Tuesday too.  I don't blame you for not wanting all those other distractions around--they day should be ABOUT YOU!  Julie :)

jckfrstross said...

we got snow too round 8 is coming tomorrow ugh.... stay warm and i hope you feel ok tell you get the Orencia:)


lindaggeorge said...

Roll on Tuesday, hope you manage to have a good weekend.

Linda x.

eml625 said...

I can understand the postponement. YES, some real snow, hopefully on its way !! Cant wait either !

klconard1 said...

(((((((((Dawn))))))))) I totally 'get it'.  The added stresses are not good for you or him.  I am praying the Lord will sustain you while you wait.
loving you

pharmolo said...

Think I understand, and I'm a bloke lol. Well done, Dawn

lurkynat said...

Dear Dawn, you
are so wonderful!
I love you!
Dawn his position is secure right? ahvea great day!
ps ok suiper woman so enlighten us! When will you go?

cacklinrosie101 said...

Dawn, I saw about the postponement so I started reading backwards.  Your reasons are very legitimate.  Such a shame at the huge phase out.  Glad your hubby still has his job.  HUGS  Chris