Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hells Bells

Ahhh the kitty life, little Suzy lounging in her 'Princess' bed.

So, Hubby is teeter tottering on the edge of heading to the ER with a diverticulitis attack.  Ugh.  He has started on the meds, but it is a fine line right now. 

Hopefully, we will make it to the doctor's appointment tomorrow am, as opposed to the ER. 

His temperature is holding steady in the 101's.  If we pass into 102 land we are heading out.  <sigh>

Have I mentioned that my Hubby is the biggest freakin' lame-o pain in the arse, big baby, excuse for a patient??? 

OMG... heaven help me.

Of course, if he managed the condition better by being sure to keep very hydrated in the heat, he wouldn't be laying there moaning about how hates being sick, blah blah blah. 

Don't get me wrong, he is in a lot of pain and it does totally suck to be him right now. 

Thankfully, he just has an 'acute' sometimes condition because if he was the one with the chronic illness... oh boy!!! 

He is on a liquid diet now and will be probably until Friday.  He knows the drill with this but do you know what he is doing?  He keeps talking about all the food he wants.  ugh.  I don't get it.

Anyhow, up until this, it was a good weekend!  LOL

I will try to update you all tomorrow!

be well,
Dawn

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least kitty is content!  :)  I hope hubby feels better soon, and that his temperature goes down!  Take care -  Julie

Anonymous said...

LOL..that kitty has a nicer bed than I do.  Men are such babies.  I hope you can stave off the ER for the night.  Lots o luck!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dawn,

This isn't any comfort, I'm sure, but, after almost 38 years of marriage, I can honestly say:   they don't change.  I've always said:  if men had the babies, we would have had only one generation!  LOL  

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree, men are the biggest babies on the planet when it comes to being sick and the worst at following Dr. orders.  ::sigh::  That's why women were made so much stronger and compassionate, or we'd have killed em all!!  Hope you guys make it through the night and to the appt. tomorrow.  Take care of you guys....
                                                              Hugz,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

I hope your hubby is able to stay out of the ER!
Missie

Anonymous said...

hope you can stay away from the ER... sending good vibes
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Yuck ... I just looked up Diverticulitis and it sounds painful (am sure it must be pretty bad if he's considering the ER instead of an appointment tomorrow).  I hope he's doing OK and that this bout clears up quickly.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

What is it about men and their ability to be sick?!  Drives me nuts too!  Good luck, Dawn!  I'll pray for you both.
Traci

Anonymous said...

HELLS BELLS????  LOL!!!  I sure hope hubby is feeling better very soon!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

hope he feels better.

Anonymous said...

I hope he feels better soon, Dawn; doesn't sound like fun; hoping next time he remembers sooner than later what he needs to do to prevent an attack

hugs to you for being a good sport and taking care of him

betty

Anonymous said...

Little Suzy does look quite content...she is so cute!  It sounds like your hubby is just like mine when it comes to sickness so I don't know who to feel worse for, him or you ;)  seriously though, I hope he is feeling better by now.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

POOR BABY..YOU NOT HIM...LOL..MEN ARE THE WORSE PATIENTS...
IT'S GONNA BE A LONG WEEK..
WISHING HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY THOUGH..
LYN

Anonymous said...

Prayers going up for DH.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

If your DH is as whiny as mine DH...I feel for ya girl.


Michele

Anonymous said...

For your sake I hope he has a quick recovery!! :)
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a male trait (sorry guys)...If Doc and I are both sick at the same time, I'll be waiting on him. If he gets a scratch I hear about it till you can't see it anymore. In the meantime I'll keep hubby in my prayers on the smoke, that he gets better soon for his sake and your sanity. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

OMG ! Since you havent posted again (I checked) I hope he didnt go to the ER. Hope he's better by now.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hope he is feeling better by now.              Dawn

Anonymous said...

I hope your husband is doing better.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Awwww Dawn I imagine that when a bloke is ill it's bad enough but it sounds like your husband is in a bad way :(  Hope he pulls through x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

poor guy
hope he's better soon
Marti