Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday!  My favorite day of the week!  It is always so easy to be 'thankful' on Thursday because the weekend is so near!  Thankful Mondays would be much more difficult, don't you agree?  I may have to try that sometime... lol

Until then... we carry on with Thankful Thursday!

1.     Lolcats from icanhascheezburger.com - they make me laugh!

See?  Funny!

2.     Missie!  Thank you for the 'Latte' sidebar!  I love it!

3.     Kids!  Pumpkin received an Academic Excellence Award and three others today at the school end awards!  Fuzzy will receive his tomorrow!

4.     Hammer, who makes a mundane errand fun by just being with me for the ride!  Thanks, my sweetie!

5.     Today is Hubby's last day of work before vacation!  Yay! 

6.     Sunday we leave for vacation in Vermont!  Yay!

7.     My parents will take care of the pets while we are away - thank you, Mom and Dad!

8.     Coffee!  The thing that powers me!  Yay!

9.     Books.  Oh how I love them!  I think I read 3 so far this week.  One re-read and two new.  I have 5 paperback to read anew starting today.  I should save them for vacation...but I think 2 will be enough if the weather is nice!  LOL (and there are bookstores in Vermont, I am sure!) 

10.     There has been a pleasant drop in temperature and humidity!  My body LOVES that!  The RA/Lupus are quiet again!  Yay! Yay!  YAY!

Can you tell I am in a very good mood and really looking forward to vacation?  lol

Last night, Hubby and the boys picked out all their classes for merit badges for Boy Scout Camp.  They will leave exactly 2 weeks after we come home from Vermont!  Ack! 

Where is this year going?  How can it almost be time to start Christmas shopping again? 

Speaking of Christmas shopping, I have heard that Vermont has fabulous shopping, so I may start up there!  Yippee!  Yeah, at least half of you probably want to kill me for even mentioning that, right?  lol

So, I am going to turn off alerts probably starting tomorrow.  I have to get us all laundered, packed, and ready to go.  Plus, when Hubby is home he tends to turn my schedule on ear!  LOL

I think we are bringing the laptop with us for the trip, so if anything earth shattering happens and you think I need to know it... Email me! 

Hmmm... I think that is it! 

I will try to pop off another entry before we leave!

be well,
Dawn

ps... Our cats all howl and meow and BEG for bologna or ham, so this cracked me up!


Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation, you deserve it, Bill

Anonymous said...

Christmas shopping in June...  Yeah, I wanna kill ya'..  LOL...  Good for you for tackling it early--I don't even want to think about it!  YAY...for you--vacation!!  Have an AWESOME time!!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

lol love the second lol cat congrats to fuzzy and hammer, and enjoy your vacation.

Anonymous said...

How can you even think of anything to do with "that" time of year?  I know, you're practical, organized, clever, cute, yada yada yada.  I don't particularly want to kill you, just keep it to yourself till........oh.............November?
Have a great time on vacation.
                                                        Hugz,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Well done and congratulations on all the kids awards they have done marvelous Dawn.Have a fantastic holiday.I hope you enjoy your shopping.( Christmas ) oh dear!!  don't remind me so soon lol!! Roll on two weeks on Monday when I go on holiday too.Thankyou for all your kind comments.Look forward to all your pics when you return.Prayers for good health for you whilst you are away.Take Care God Bless.Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I just came off an enforced vacation...yours sounds so much more pleasant. Wanta trade..mine was computer woes. The weather is wonderful isn't it. Congrats to Pumpkin and Fuzzy for their various awards. Books are a lifesaver in any circumstance what so ever. Loved the Latte sidebar hon. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I can set my calendar by you...  Thank Goodness for Thankful Thursdays.

:)

Anonymous said...

Have a great vaca dawn!

Anonymous said...

Lovely list of thankfuls!  Books for sure are the best.  That may go in my thankful list later.  You are a far more voracious (and "deeper") reader than I am.  I like fluff!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

great thankfuls!!

Happy vacation!!! hope to see lots of great pictures from Vermont

have fun and be safe!

betty

Anonymous said...

I love the last LOL cat.  You are very welcome for the sidebar.  Enjoy your Friday.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Christmas shopping?!?  

My god, woman!  Are you insane?  Just the thought of Christmas makes me all sorts of wigged-out gonky.  In fact, right now, there's a little panicked vein twitching wildly just above my right eye.  

You scare me, Dawn.  You scare me bad.  

:)

-Dan
http://thewisdomofadistractedmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You will have the best time ! Vermont is gorgeous.
Enjoy !
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

HAVE A BLAST....
LYN

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to travel through Vermont, CT, all the way to Maine in the fall to enjoy all the colors....have fun!!!!

You sure do have a library.....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Amen on the books!!  I always love your thankfuls!!!  Yes, pass the coffee.  LOL I better make another pot....  Happy Friday!!!!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Geesh that cat looks demonic!!!  Have fun on your trip, you are lucky to have your babies cared for in house while you are gone.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

just figures that this is the first time i get to use a laptop and, excited to read what's been going on with you, find that you're leaving town.  dang murphy's law!  hope you enjoy vt -- it is so close to my home state of nh!  wave hello to my dad, will ya?  lol  hope to be back online full time soon.  miss you!!!