Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday

  Time for the Thankfuls!

1.     You.  Yes, you.  Each and every one of you that read my journal and leave me wonderful supportive comments. 

Cathy... thanks for seeing how I laid out the entry.  Everything is the same... to everything will never be the same. 

Julie... yeah... the kids can frazzle you to do stupid things too!  Thanks for reminding me I am not alone.

Bill... I will try to give him a break.  ;-)

I needed to vent last night and you were all there for me.  Thank you.

2.     Hubby.  I am very blessed and lucky to be married to my best friend and lover.  Still a man though... and still going to piss me off and hurt me occasionally.  Unfortunately, this week, it was a few things in row, but I am getting over it. 

3.     Hammer.   My poor sweet boy had to have his nose cauterized in three places today at the ENT's office.  Ouch.  Please keep him in your prayers that no further intervention will be necessary. 

4.     Fuzzy.  The worst winter/spring asthma/allergy suffering seems to finally be over!  Yay!  It is so nice to see him getting outside and playing and having fun again!

5.     Pumpkin Muffin.  Pumpkin won a special poetry contest!  More on that later!

6.     Coffee.  This blog is powered by it.  ;-)

7.     My parents, and the rest of my family and friends.  I am very blessed.

8.     Pets.  Even as I am typing this the shenanigans going on around me between Suzy, the kitten, a shoelace, and Libby are making me laugh out loud!  AND, laughter is the best medicine.  Hands down.

                                               *******************************

As I mentioned in the mood above, I am sore.  Ouch.  Rain storms are coming through nearby, occasionally sprinkling on us for the second day in a row. 

Last night my hands were swollen and hot and keeping me awake.  Finally around 5am-ish I took a vicodin, which helped me get the sleep I needed. 

They are better, but still very sore.  The worst they have been in about 2 months.  Ack!

I am such a book addict.  I am literally jonesing because I have no new reads around.  Ack. 

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday!

be well,
Dawn

ps... My kids, especially Hammer, used to love Pokemon!  I couldn't resist these lolcats because of that.  Maybe some of you remember them, too!

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weekend is coming!!  I hope its a great one!!  :)  ((( Dawn )))  I'm grateful you are there too, buddy!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

Great thankfuls as usual. Sorry your hands have been hurting so much. Congrats to your daughter. Poor son ouch and the other one allergies are awful. I'm so happy you have all those wonderful people in your life and those pets to make you laugh because it truly is the best medicine.
My baby boy has been gone for two weeks now so there is not much for me to smile about here lately. I just hope he returns home soon safe and sound. This is the longest I've been without him in 3.5yrs.
I dedicated my Thankful Thursday to all my extended family. I haven't been writing hardly anymore. I just have been in a blah mood lately for some reason.
We had terrible like tropical storms come through the other day with 80-90mph winds and we don't live anywhere near the coast.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

You always manage to find the good every week to be thankful for.  I love that about you!!  Have a good day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

We are two of a kind about books.... I finally got a new stack and I am so pleased that there is something to read in the house now... but not for long.  I will swallow them whole.  Coffeee... girl... I have to cut way back on coffee because of health reasons and it is just making me want it all the more..... I don't know how I am gonna do it. LOL I love my coffee.  I did hot tea all morning and then I broke down at about 1pm and finally made a cup of coffee.  Allowed myself just one.... coffee I miss you so much!!   LOL  
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thankfuls!  With so much to be miserable about you always find the time to include the upbeat!  In fact, most of the time we would never know you are sick.  You make the choice to be happy and enjoy life, instead of whining.  Yeah for you!  Go buy a book or get thyself to the library!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Time to hit the bookstore!  Wonderful Thankfuls.  I know we've got the rainstorms here now and I'm having an achy day just from alittle arthritis.  Hope you're doing better.  
                                                               Hugs,  Leigh

  http://journals.aol.com/mleighin21st/iwasthinking.../

  Oh-oh big thunder, gotta go!

Anonymous said...

lots of good books out there for summer reading; bet you find some good ones when you have a chance to go searching!

poor Hammer; hoping the problem got taken care of; what a trooper he is; congrats to Pumpkin for her poetry contest; can't wait to hear more about that, and I'm glad Fuzzy's symptoms are calming down and he's able to play outside!

betty

Anonymous said...

Ouch, poor Hammer.  Our storms rolled through all day today.  Now it's 90 and steamy for the first time this year.  Thanks for your thankful Thursday.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

how good to see you  my friend
Love
Marti

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Poor Hammer!  Yikes ... am not sure what that treatment with the ENT entailed but it sounds kind of scary at any age.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

I love the lolz.  I sent those to my son, who used to be very much into Pokemon.  Love your thankfuls, and I'm glad you are feeling some better today.
Lori

Anonymous said...

love the snoring cat

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have a book addiction - hope you never go into withdrawal.  Hands swollen, so sorry!  Take care and as always, luv the pix!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

A good book is essential, Like a good coffee.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

I hope that you all have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thankfuls hon. I used to jones about not having books, now I buy more than I can possibly read between visits to the bookstore. I have a few I keep in a chest as backups in case I don't have anything to read. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You have a lot to be thankful for!  Hope your hands aren't giving you trouble now.  My kids loved pokemon too!  Unfortunately, so did the dogs, and many stuffed pokemons have had their innards removed the hard way...ouch! Books and pets are two essentials in life, aren't they?
 Have a good one!
         Joyce

Anonymous said...

Poor Hammer, that sounds just awful!  Sounds like the furry kids are keeping you entertained...we spend money on toys and they are happier with things they just find around the house.  LOL.   Sorry to hear your hands are so swollen & sore.
As always I enjoy your Thankful Thursday entries.
Lisa