Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rock n Me Baby

Listened to some Steve Miller Band today... I guess you can tell?  lol

Whew... I have had a busy weekend and the last few days! 

I had a wonderful visit with my cousin Karol and the boys!  It was so nice to spend time together to catch up!  And, the kids really had fun together, too!

Sunday was mostly a day for laundry, and working on some school projects with the kids.

Yesterday, at Hammer's request, I finally figured out how to upload our cd's onto itunes!  As it turned out, it was NOT difficult at all; just time consuming! 

Today, Hammer and I went through the new songs and created his playlist for his ipod shuffle. 

Also, exciting news today!  My cousin Karol is letting us purchase a time share week from her and today we booked a week in Killington, Vermont!  No, it isn't skiing, but there are lots of year round activities to do also!  There is swimming on site and mini golf and other lawn sports.  Nearby there is a lake beach, boating, horseback riding, fishing, a water park, and an alpine slide, which is like bobsledding on concrete down a mountain! 

AND, the two most important fun things, good shopping and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream tour!  Yay!  We are also going to look for some museums and what-not nearby, too! 

Just what the doctor ordered... a nice relaxing family vacation and we leave the weekend after the kids get out of school!  Yay!   Two and half weeks!!!!  Yippee!!!

Thanks again, Karol!!!  You are the best! 

More tomorrow!

be well,
Dawn

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful family vacation in Vermont!!!

so glad you had a good visit with Karol; she seems like a gem of a cousin!!

brave woman; I'm still trying to figure out how to upload songs on my iPod; my son used to do them for me, LOL, I will figure this out :)

betty

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful vacation that sounds like...
our weekends sound very similar... school projects and laundry....
oh I love The Steve Miller Band.... LOL that steal my peaches cat graphic is too adorable!!!  Much hugs to you and I can't wait for pictures of Vermont when you go!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

PS we have a timeshare we absolutely love and if you ever want a mini vacation let me know because we get 12 per year and there is NO possible way I can use them all so I have to sell them off dirt cheap.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Time shares are great! I'm sure you and the kids will have lots of fun :)  I don't have one but I have a friend who has one in Hawaii...  If only I had the money to own one there!  :) Julie

Anonymous said...

im so jealous i want to go on a vacation.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Killington sounds great ... what a peaceful getaway!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Timeshares are great.You will love it!! Start packing!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

happy for you about the timeshare..thats cool..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

A vacation will be wonderful for you!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

We did a time share in Florida once with a group of friends and we had a blast!!!

Enjoy....it is so deserving.

Michele

Anonymous said...

The time share sounds wonderful!  Take lots of pics when you get there.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Gee, I should comment on some other points in this post as well, but Briege & I are so focused on the Ben & Jerry's ;-0.

Anonymous said...

Bill and I vacationed in the Killington area many times (always Spring or Summer, though!)

It's such a beautiful area and the Ben and Jerry's tour is wonderful.  

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful.  I'll bet you have a really good time.  Take lots of pictures to show us!  Most of the schools here are out after this week.  I forgot you guys got a late start.  Mmmm..... Ben and Jerry's!
                                                         Smiles,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kids summer vacation will be starting out with a blast! Great news on the Time share hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Ben and Jerrys sounds good to me...lol

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, Ben & Jerry's makes it worth the trip alone!!  Sounds like a wonderful time.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Killington is wonderful!  I learned to ski there when I was 10.  That was only a couple of years ago!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are getting to go on such a nice trip!
Marti

Anonymous said...

Love the peaches kitteh!!!
Gillie