It is that time again... I am so off-kilter, I almost forgot!
Thankful Thursday Things...
1. Coffee. Yes, it is at the top of my list again. I know that seems shallow, but when you need it to live, to function, to leave the bed, you really do have to give it props.
2. Hubby. He missed me so much while I was gone!!! It was so cute and sweet! And, he cleaned, vacuumed, and did laundry! Very hot... I love when my man cleans!!!!
3. Libby, Pumpkin & Tina. You really don't appreciate how much love and comfort your dog and cats bring to your life until you are away from them, and reach to pet them, and you remember they aren't there.
4. NJ Roads and drivers. Yes, you read that right! Indiana was full of speed freak, crazy butt drivers, passing on the right shoulders at 70 mph, tailgating, and worse! The signs were confusing and usually non-existent, and there were accidents everywhere all the time we were there! I told all my relatives now living in Indy that are former NJ-ites, I had better never hear them complaining about NJ traffic, drivers or roads, EVER! LOL
5. Prednisone. It truly is a miracle drug, but a vicious double-edged sword.
On the one hand, it cut through my fatigue, swelling, and joint pain like Samurai sword through a watermelon. I felt great, and was able to do whatever I needed to do! Sure, it kept me awake for 40 hours after the first dose, and gave me the jitters a little, but that was a fair trade to me.
However, then the sword swings back into yourself and longterm steroid usage kills your kidneys, messes up your bloodwork, usually gives you diabetes, wounds don't heal, infections run rampant, and you eat like you have 4 stomachs.
<sigh> If there was just some way to take the good that prednisone can do, and counteract the side effects, living with Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and a host of other diseases, such as MS, Crohn's, Psoriasis etc, would be so much easier!
So, that is why no more longterm prednisone usage for me. Just an occasional 'pulse' for vacation.
6. Football. Yay! The season started officially tonight! The Indianapolis Colts, current Super Bowl champs, vs. the New Orleans Saints! Jets and Giants this weekend! Wooohooo!
I am going to join Hubby to watch right now!