Friday, October 5, 2007

My Guy

The Man Scout and my sons.  Hammer on the left, Fuzzy on the right.  

Everyone is settled in for the night, according to Hubby.  The field is huge, wall to wall tents, framed by port-o-potties.  To give you and idea of the scale, this field can host up to 10 full soccer games at the same time.  Pretty darn huge.  

Pumpkin is also settled in for the night. She was a little emotional today, daddy's first camping trip of the year, and Grandma and Grandpa gone also for the first time.  She is nervous, thinking about daddy going to the hospital in the summer, and being all alone with mommy is a little scary, too.  She is worried about something happening to me, and doesn't want to leave me alone. 

So, she is going to skip dance class.  At least it is the beginning of the year.  <g>  I am actually okay with it.  I don't want her to be worried, and upset.  I am feeling a bit better, which is nice, and it is good to always take advantage of that.  So we will!  

Tonight, we had dinner at Applebee's, stopped at Staples to get a new wall calendar (I already have a bunch of 2008 kid activities to get on it), and the local market to stock up on tv/movie watching munchies.  lol

We watched the 1984 mega-hit 'Sixteen Candles' tonight.  You know the one, Molly Ringwald... everyone forgets her birthday because her sister is getting married, etc.  Pumpkin loved it.  :-)  It has a fairy tale ending, girl gets the perfect, sweet hunky guy at the end... what's not to love? 

Have a great night, and I will catch you all tomorrow!

be well,
Dawn

 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they have a great time!


~make it a great day!~
         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

What a handsome group of guys! {{}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin should see Short Circut too.  That one was funny!  Oh, and Sixteen Candles was awesome.  If she liked that one she'll love all the other Molly Ringwold movies.  I never got into those.  I always thought they were boring. Give me a movie where stuff blows up and I'm happy! -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the pics of the guys in your life.
yap, I've watch 16 candles many times..cute movie...and I like applebees.
Sweet dreams!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

What a handsome troup of men.  You're very lucky, my friend.  I hope the girls weekend is all it should be.  Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, all those Brat pack movies-I loved.  Dawn's right, Short Circuit is hilarious.  Enjoy.....
                            Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Scout Dad...he's like a Super Hero.
Gee, is it calendar-buying time already? Seems like I just got the hang of the 2007 calendar. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Scout Dad...he's like a Super Hero.
Gee, is it calendar-buying time already? Seems like I just got the hang of the 2007 calendar. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of the guys :)  Your Pumpkin is very kind hearted, caring child.. What a sweetie.  Have a good weekend!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture of Dad and his two sons.  Treasure it always.  And, save it for when the time comes and you are preparing their Eagle Scout Albums.  This picture says a lot.  "A Dad who cares about his sons.  A Dad who is proud to be with his sons.  But mostly sons who are proud of their Dad."

I still cry when I look at those scouting pictures.  Of which we have kgillions.  Gary was always involved with our son during souting (as well as other interests they both shared.)

Hope you have a great weekend with Pumpkin.

Hugs, LuAnne

P.S. You just gave me a great idea for an entry.  thanks

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Jake! :-) Too funny! I love it! Long Duck Dong!

Anonymous said...

Your Hubby and Lumpy have a similar build except Lump is wider.  Don't ya just love those big bear-ish guys??!!  LOL

Russ

Anonymous said...

good night.

Anonymous said...

love the pic ... and the movie!!  "lake ... big lake!"  bet i've seen 16 candles at least 40 times in my life and that's a conservative estimate.  i have a promo pic of it on my myspace =)  hope all is well.  will be in touch!  ((( hugs )))

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your girls weekend. My kids are the same way with hubby if he leaves the house at all (after two summers ago when he was attacked and hospitalized) So I totally get Pumpkins anxiety.
Hope you keep on feeling good.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

great pic. i've seen that movie so many times. it is a nice movie. have a great weekend. ((((hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

If my two guys could they would follow me around with bubble wrp! lol
So far so good on this 2nd FULL dose of chemo (Navelbine) only a lil nausea...I better blog about how I'mdoing it's been awhile. Your Boys will never forget the times they were able to spend with their Dad in the scouts....that's ll  kid  really wants i time with a parent....that and an IPOD! lmaooo

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Good choice of movie.  I remember that movie, "Sixteen Candles," and laughing out loud at the scene when the foreign exchange student joins the household ...!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

That always was a favorite of mine...and my Bobbi has learned to love that and Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink...

Michele

Anonymous said...

aww great picture :)
Love the movie 16 Candles!
You all have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Great Picture of the guys together. I can imagine it probably is a little scary for Pumpkin with everyone away, but she is a trooper. Glad to hear your enjoying today with movies and dinner out. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I love Jake Ryan!!!!!
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Oh I think it's sweet when the kidlets worry about the parents.  Glad you are having fun and that hubby is doing well this time!
Traci

Anonymous said...

The guys just look so handsome in the uniforms.  I bet it would be a little upsetting for Pumpkin to have everyone gone and also because her Daddy got sick on the last trip.  You girls did great.  HUGS CHris