Poor kitty... we relate...
Fuzzy's asthma is acting up today... This time of year is always the worst.
Here are my Thankful Things.
1. Fuzzy. I am thankful that although he had an asthma attack this am, he is doing fine with home nebulizer treatments, and we do not need to go to the doctor's/ER.
2. My Dad. I spoke with him earlier and he said his ear is feeling better.
3. Hubby. That he isn't in jail for skipping jury duty. Oh yes... see story below.
4. My finger. Although my back is out and I am shuffling around like a Tim Conway character, my finger is feeling better. Finally.
5. Coffee. I need it. I have it. Amen.
So, Hubby had a jury duty notice. It is written on the calendar, the notice hanging on the fridge, and I reminded him earlier this week.
I forgot that last night he was supposed to call to see if he was needed, but it wasn't MY jury notice was it?
This morning, my dad remembered, bless him, and he called me at 7:30am to ask if Hubby remembered.
Unfortunately, Hubby was already on the bus to NYC!!!
So, in a panic, I found the notice and called the number listed, and thank the fates, they did NOT need Hubby's group to report to jury duty.
Whew... big relief!!! I don't know what would have happened if they did! Even if Hubby came back on the first bus he could, he wouldhave been about an hour late, I think! Yikes!
Hubby is now up at the school for classroom observation day. Pumpkin wanted us to see her afternoon class with her homeroom teacher, and Hubby will be there.
He is annoyed with me that I am not going.
I am not going for two reasons:
1) I don't feel comfortable leaving Fuzzy, even though he is doing okay now.
2) I would have to use my cane and go up wayyyyy too many stairs, neither of which I want to do right now! Pumpkin knows my back is out and is very understanding. I am thankful for that too.
I think Hubby has a lot of nerve to be annoyed with me after forgetting the jury duty. AND, it isn't like I plan for these things to happen to me or want them to happen.
I hate these damn diseases. I really do.
I thought I was frustrated last night.... I am more so today.
Thanks for listening.