It's that time... Thankful Thursday!
I missed it last week, with all the confusion of Hubby coming home and going directly to the hospital... I apologize for that!
1. My kid's forgiveness. Yesterday, I was cranky, and there were definitely times when I was short tempered with them.
As they all climbed into bed with me around noon, I told them I was sorry, and they all told me that it was nothing to apologize for because everyone has those days. They even quoted Hannah Montana and sang for me. lol
2. Hubby being on the mend. It was a scary ordeal. Unfortunately, his phlebitis on his arm from the IV is still an issue, but otherwise, he is much, much, better. I am very happy for that. Hubby likes being the big, strong, healthy guy, and I like him being that, too. (He is a horrible patient! lol)
3. The new hamsters. Peng and Brownie have really been a great stress reliever, providing a needed distraction for all! They are so sweet and adorable and love being held, I highly recommend them over regular hamsters or gerbils.
4. JK Rowling. Thank you for the wonderful Harry Potter series. It has been wonderful to read and enjoy over the years. Fantasy gives us a world to escape to, yet, with her theme of good vs. evil, it was a wonderful morality tale as well.
Remember, it is truly our choices that define who we are in life.
A golden morsel of advice that this book series punctuates over and over.
5. Kathy. Last night, after doing a college class requirement at a camp for the blind, Kathy came for dinner and slept over, as we are much closer to the camp than her home.
Even though we didn't get much time without kids hanging on our words and bodies, it was just nice to be together for a few hours!
6. Coffee. I was cranky yesterday WITH it, imagine how I would have been without! LOL
Interestingly, my dad and I had the same brainstorm recently.
We both ordered Rachel Ray cookbooks! LOL Mine arrived first on Monday, and dad's yesterday!
The kids are totally into the recipes, which is just what we hoped to do, get them to want to try new things!
Each kid is going through the first book right now and are putting their initial in the margin at the top if they are interested in trying it! This way we can zip through and find the ones all three want! Then, they will help prepare the food! Yay!
Next week we will try the first recipe! Keep your fingers crossed!
Everyone was amused or confused by my wanting a dragon. LOL I want a sweet dragon, like the lovestruck one in Shrek, or like Spyro. And, it will drink coffee like me. And, I could ride on it...
Okay... I know, silly, but everyone is entitled to be a little silly now and then... keeps us young!