Warning: Female Problems Rant Ahead
The male readers may want to avert their eyes for a minute...
Yesterday, in the middle of Harry Potter, I ran to the bathroom for what was supposed to be a quick pee stop, and found a 'surprise'!
I had to bum a quarter for a tampon off of a sweet older lady, who told me in her tiny spanish-accented voice, 'The older you get the worse it gets, honey, I know.'
Yeah, that about sums it up.
I have never had these surprises before turning 39. I was like a clock. Every 26th day, I would wake up and it would arrive. No kidding. Just that easy. No mess or fuss even. <sigh>
Now, it is day 18, 23, 35, 24, 42, and even upwards of 60 on occasion!!!
It's just not right.
Today was fun! Beautiful weather, dry and breezy, high in the 70's, until about 3pm, then it hit the low 80's.
I have some good things to share... and I will do so in my Thankful Thursday things:
1. My dad's CT scan showed his kidney cyst to be just that, still a kidney cyst, just a bit bigger than normal, but totally nothing to be concerned with at all. Yay. They will recheck it in 6-9 months!
2. I got a cell phone upgrade to a cute pink RAZR Motorola cell phone! Yay! And, Fuzzy got an upgrade to a teeny phone, and Pumpkin got her own teeny phone, just like Fuzzy's, but different color face plate. The only one without a phone now is Hammer, but he will just borrow theirs for now.
Aren't the phones cute!
3. Kathy is coming for a visit tomorrow! Yay! It has been probably 6 weeks since we saw each other! I HATE when that happens!!! My little nephew J is probably ready for college now!!! Waaaaa!!!! Already, maybe it isn't quite that bad...but you get the picture!
I think we will go to the town pool all together... Not sure...
4. I got to go out for coffee with my friend Cheryl before she moves to AZ with her son on Sunday! I am going to miss her! I am very happy and excited for her as she starts off on this new life adventure though! And, I hope the AZ weather suits her better!
5. Coffee!!! This week, I had several days where I got up early and went to bed late (sleepover). So, I am extra thankful for the caffeine fixes that got me through it all! :-)
Remember the meme asked about the last visit to Starbucks? Well, Cheryl and I met at Starbuck's this morning! lol Russ' mom, Lisa, joined us, also. We had a really nice time chatting together. I think anyone who has tried Starbucks and found the coffee too strong should try a breve latte. I like it with a vanilla shot, too. Yummy.
Okie dokie... almost time for Big Brother 8!