Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Yup, I am on cup 3, maybe it's 4, and I just starting to feel perky!

Today is Thankful Thursday!

1.     The safety of my family in the Minneapolis area.  My uncle, my aunt, their kids, and my aunt's family (native Minnesotans), are all safe and well.  I was really worried about them all night last night, especially after I watched the coverage of the bridge collapse.  Very sad, very scary.  My thoughts and prayers go out to those whose families were not as lucky as me.

2.     Coffee.  I have been really struggling lately, trying to manage my Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis issues.  Coffee gets me where I need to be!  Like yesterday, the zoo - thanks to a Dunkin' Donuts large iced coffee with a turbo shot!!!

3.     Hubby.  The big dope, I love him, his help, his goofiness, and the fact that he is still constantly chasing me around looking for 'nookie'.  LOL

4.     Friends.  I am blessed with some great friends in town, and try to be a good friend right back to them.  Just laughing and chit chatting while at the pool the other night, during the swim meet on Monday, and on Tuesday night in the water with friends, really made me happy!

5.     Hammer.  My helpful boy, who never complains as he helps with chores.  Today, he is helping with the laundry, so I do not have to do any stairs.  Fuzzy helped a bit too, but he can't stop his mouth.  So, Hammer, hats off to you.  I needed that today, and this week.

    

Tonight, I am having one, possibly two kids sleep over.  I know.  I am a glutton for punishment, but I just love having the kids friends here, and it is summer.  It is what you do!

I made the kids frozen pizza, but now the kitchen is hot.  Stupid of me... oh well, it will cool down again eventually. 

be well,
Dawn

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet to have all these sleepovers. I'm sure the kids appreciate that so much. Have another shot of caffeine. --Cin

Anonymous said...

love this entry. happy to hear your family is safe!  just finished watching oprah - a special on autism.  many tears welled up, of course, seeing what families go through facing yet another invisible disability.  gosh i love ya girl :)

Anonymous said...

have a good night:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I wish coffee would do that to me. Never did. I like it, but no boost. I can even go to sleep at night after drinking a cup. But pace yourself dear, I'm glad the kids are helping you too...love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

I can't cope without my coffee, I NEED COFFEE!!!! Now Dawn, tell me about frozen pizza, this is a new one on us Brits. I heard of frozen yoghurts, but never frozen pizza!
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

If feel the same way about my Tea!  Love your graphics. Hope your having a good day! Aren't sleep over the best! Take care and enjoy!
Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your family is ok in Minnesota, that's such a scary thing.
ANOTHER sleep over!??!?!? If I drop my kids off with you , you might not notice !!! LOL
Big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

What Ellen said.  ANOTHER sleepover.  I'm begining to think you enjoy them as much as the kids!  ;)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Great list and I'm glad that your family is safe!

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I love that first graphic...who made it!

My mom has like 8 girls from her neighborhood over (not sleeping though!) when my niece stays over...she tells me about all the grass tracked in the house & noise etc...boy has it been a long time since her kids were little! HA!

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/MeThinksTooMuch/

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/somethingelsetothinkabout/

Anonymous said...

Great thankfuls.  My aunt lives in St. Paul so I called her right away and she was home.  Whew.  
I love that graphic with the cleaning lady!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm glad known of your loved ones were hurt on that bridge--what a horrible thing to happen...  Take care - Julie

Anonymous said...

Nice thankful things. I'm glad none of your family was hurt during that bridge accident either. Enjoy the days of summer they are almost over with.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journal.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/