The kids are finally settled down for the night.
Thankfully, I had a nap this afternoon, that helped me cope with tonight and the pain.
'Finding Nemo' is really such a treasure! It pulls at your heart strings, but delivers that happy ending you just have to have! Like Cin commented, as we plod along we will quote Dorrie, 'Swimming, swimming, just keep swimming!'.
I also love to quote the part when she mispronounces the word 'escape' as an exotic spanish sound 'ess - cop - paaayyyy'!! Oh how that makes me laugh!
Good lessons too in that movie! Who gets the dad through it all, happy go lucky, naive, sweet, 'half-full' Dorrie! LOL I guess that is why I love her so much, seeing as how I can identify with her personality! Even the memory thing, as I get frustrated on days that are very bad with cognitive issues from the Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupie Fog, as I like to call it, I think of Dorrie, and smile.
Tomorrow will be a busy day, so I wanted to get the newest edition of the Tuesday Twelve to you all now!
Okay, as a reminder, this is a word association game.
I say __________, and you say ___________.
1. Money. I instantly hear the kachinking sound of coins from Pink Floyd in the song 'Money'.
2. Voices. Carry. As in the 80's song, 'Voices Carry'. I don't remember who sang it...but there ya go. I am apparently in quite the musical frame of mind this evening!
3. Machine. Damn. I can't stop. 'Welcome to the Machine' by Pink Floyd, again.
LOL The funny thing is I do this list on paper in the afternoon, I steal some words from the web then change it with my own, and add on, so that when I do the entry I can have fresh word associations!
4. Beach. Boys. Oh boy... now their songs will be swimming in my head with Floyd... bizarre!
5. Roommate. College. I didn't go away to college (I commuted) and have one of these, but it still popped into my mind first.
6. Cyclone. Coney Island Amusement Park! There is a famous wooden roller coaster there, called The Cyclone. I think they are going to try and save it when they knock the park down later this year. There is already an exact replica in California somewhere.
7. Theater. Cinema 35, the name of the theater that I worked at (and Kathy, too), which is no more. :(
8. Pregnant. Me! I loved being pregnant. Even with the problems I had, it was the most happy, wonderful, amazing experience, all three times!
9. Style. My mom, she is very stylish, and always looks great!
10. Wrist. My left one that I broke at the theater a long time ago.
11. Suede. Skirt! My friend, Fred, bought me the most amazing brown suede skirt and matching Kenneth Cole brown suede pumps for my birthday in 1987 or 1988. Fred had missed a few birthdays, earlier and he wanted to make it up to me. :-) He did!
12. Star. Twinkle Twinkle... you know the rest!
Okie dokie... you know what to do! Copy and paste, and put in your own answers, and be sure to leave me a comment so I can come check it out!
It is late. Painkillers are working, and it is time for sleep.