I am going to just jump into my Thankful's first...
1. Getting the Mail, first. Sometimes I don't get there first, and things go a bit missing. Today, I was first, and I received a second treat in the mail from a friend. Thank you. More than words can express, thank you.
2. Alone. Hubby took the kids to drive some golf balls, and I am home alone. Alone time can be very nice. After the last two weeks, it is very, very nice.
3. Kathy. My wonderful, selfless sister of my heart, who sacrificed a half day of vacation, and time with her own family, to come yesterday to spend the afternoon and evening with Hammer, for his birthday.
4. Hammer. For not complaining, not even once, that we didn't get to go away to Wildwood Crest, as we usually do, for the week of his birthday. In this house lately, not getting a complaint has been rare.
5. All of you. Thank you, for all the wonderful birthday wishes for my dear sweet, Hammer! He read them all, and just beamed from ear to ear!
6. Coffee. Ahhhhh... the smell of a fresh brewed cup of Hazelnut, the warmth as it goes down, the nutty smooth taste, and the silence of any empty house.... It is an 'Ahhhhh...' moment for me. :-)
This afternoon, Pumpkin went across the street to Vi's house to do 'girly' stuff, so the boys and I decided to watch a movie that she didn't want to see.
'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' went into the DVD player, and Fuzzy and I laughed our silly butts off. Hammer giggled at most, rolled his eyes a lot, and in the end, thought its genius was exaggerated by me. Oh well, you can't please everyone.
I must confess, about 30 minutes after dinner, while playing video games with Fuzzy, I got a bit of vindication. Hammer quoted the movie! LOL I think it is growing on him...
'Just a flesh wound!' LOL
Yesterday, was a tough day for me. The headache was awful, and the numbness and facial nerve pain was really tough to deal with, but I made it through.
Today was so much better! I so wish that yesterday, I felt the way I did today when I woke up! Especially since it was Hammer's birthday!!! ACK! What it is, it is... can't change it.
My dad treated us to lunch today, as he had off from work for labs and a doc appointment! It was another birthday treat for Hammer! Fuddruckers... yummy... the best burgers! While there, we ran into a lady using a walker who was probably my age. She could walk well, it must be a balance/weakness issue, and she probably has Lupus or MS. I think I ran into the same woman and son, at the theater recently. If I run into her again, I think I will start up a conversation!
I read a good book over the last two days, 'Scent of Darkness' by Christina Dodd. Very good, a supernatural thriller type. A quick read, too. I also read the latest Lisa Jackson... can't remember the name of it, and too lazy to get up and look, but it was also very good!