Karyl at Karyl's Glimpses of Eternity sent this flower meme for me to do.
I love flowers but Fuzzy is allergic to many flowers, plants and bees, and has asthma so we keep flowering plants to a minimum around our house and garden.
Karyl’s Flower Meme
1. What is your favorite flower? Roses (but not red...)
2. What color is it? White, the purest, whitest, white.
3. Annual or perennial? Perennial
4. Does it grow in a hothouse or yard? I think they can grow in either!
5. Does it grow in your yard? No, but we had 2 types of red roses and one pink rose bush in the house where I grew up, 3 blocks away.
6. Look out your front window. What flowers do you see? Describe them. 6 yellow daffodils that just bloomed 2 days ago. Soon, there will be more.
7. If you don’t see a flower out your window, what do you see that is soothing for the eyes and spirit? Lots of evergreen bushes and our front lawn that is very lushly green, thanks to lots and lots of rain! Most often, I see my kids playing out there... that is the most soothing thing to see for me.
8. If it’s too early for flowers there yet, what will be coming up soon? The azaleas, mums, tulips, etc.
9. Any landscaping in your front or back yard? Yes, evergreen bushes, azaleas, and we plant yellow marigolds each year by the drivway which also has some azaleas. The marigolds help keep bees away as Fuzzy and I are both allergic. I love sunflowers... I would love to plant them, maybe this year!
10. Any hardscaping (patio, rock or stone pathways, concrete walkways, etc.?) No, just the path to the front door. We do have a dog statue, and 2 kid statues. Small garden style ones, not big.
11. Do you prefer mulch or rock in or around your flowerbeds? We use red cedar mulch around the bushes and our three trees. Our trees are framed with faux rock edging in a square. We have a Japanese Maple and two flowering trees that I thought were dogwood, but my dad says no, but he doesn't know what the are. They flower. lol One is white, and one is pink. Much like in the graphic with this sweet kitten!
12. If mulch, natural wood or recycled rubber mulch? I guess I answered that... natural red cedar mulch.
13. If rock, what kind and color? No rock.
14. How do you keep the weeds down? Hubby put down that black netting stuff under the mulch.
15. If you could forever banish one troublesome weed in your flowerbed or yard, what would it be? Dandelions. UGH!
Thank you, Karyl!! You have been so wonderful, thinking up memes for me, all on your own! And, they have kept me busy! This one I coordinated the graphics so that was fun, and time consuming! Thank you!