Monday, April 23, 2007

The Waiting

From Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers song 'The Waiting':

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Yes, it is.  And, so those of us who wait, meme.

10 Word Associations - Write the first word that pops into your head after reading the words in bold.

Lost :: Sanity (call me if you've seen it! LOL)

Idol :: Immunity (yes, I love 'Survivor'!)

Spoken ::  I love you's.

Life ::  Carpe Diem (latin = Seize the Day)

Tonight ::  Johnny Carson

Fingernail ::  Fuzzy (I had to cut his earlier... lol)

True :: Romance

Give up ::  Never!

Shining ::  Happy People!

Nowhere :: to go, but all dressed up! lol

Today, was the kids first official day of Spring Break.  We had a $20 earned gift certificate from Modell's Sporting Goods Store, so we headed there to get 2 new basketballs for no more than the $20. 

Unfortunately, one of them had to be pink and my dearest Pumpkin took offense to that.  She got over it when she realized that the two balls we found were the only 2 balls on sale for $9.99 and it was them or none.  She suffered gallantly through the pink as the kids played with friends this afternoon. 

@@   @@   That's a double eye roll for my little drama queen.

They also managed to convince me to pick up BK for them for lunch.  (Burger King for those unfamiliar with the fast food lingo)  $16 worth of chicken crowns and chicken fries, and $4 worth of fries, including the tax.  Amazing. 

Then, they mostly played outside with our neighbors kids all day.  There was tent building, basketball, and nail polishing. 

Tonight, Pumpkin is sleeping over at our neighbor's house across the street.  Their daughter is actually Fuzzy's age, 12, and Pumpkin is 10, but they have been good friends over the years anyhow.  They also have a son who will be 7 soon. 

Fuzzy, Hammer, Hubby and I watched 'Dancing with the Stars' and snacked on microwaved soft pretzels.   Yum!

Earlier in the evening Grandpa bought Slurpees for the kids.  Grandpa even ran Fuzzy over to buy a new video game with a gift certificate he still had from his birthday last month.  Fuzzy had a lot of fun playing it, and was very gracious thanking Grandpa often afterward.  That made me smile.  And, he shared with his brother, Hammer, too.  Another reason to smile.

Hubby and I took a nice walk alone after dinner, holding hands all the way.

Then, we took Libby outside and gave her a real work out playing fetch.  More smiles.

So, all in all, a good start to the kid's Spring Break.

A nice day and evening for all of us.  :-D

I have many blessings.  And, they help keep me busy and focused on what is important.

Thank you to my 2 K's today, too.  You know, I know.  Thank you.

be well,
Dawn

ps... I have the insurance approval... just waiting for the CT scan department to get me scheduled. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome Spring Break!  I think adults should get one every year no matter what they do for a living.  I also think adults should get the Summer off because that's how were conditioned as kids.  Can you tell I need a vacation???  LOL

Hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Your spring break is later than ours. We are done with it.
Sounded like a wonderful day, what better way to spend it , with friends and family.
hugs and prayers
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you all are having a good spring break so far.
Many prayers and hugs!

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna do this meme... my son is the Burger "king" my daughter was the dairy "queen"..LOL
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I love your graphics today.  Very fitting!  
So the drama only increases with age?  I have two drama queens.  Give me strength!
I hope you hear something soon!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I would say it was a rather wonderful beginning for Spring break. We already had the week off here in NY the week after Christmas. Hang in there hon, hope they get your test scheduled soon. Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

What the heck are Chicken Crowns? I'm getting all sorts of mental images here.

Sounds like a fun spring break...except for this waiting ordeal. Glad for memes to keep you busy while you wait. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Love the graphics! I also love your take on life. It is humorous and meanigful. My best friend has lupus and I have watched her struggle. It is not an easy path, but I can see your strength and admire it.
Christina
http://journals.aol.com/olachiaclan/the-uniboob-club/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))) and prayers continue.  Progress --- through slow --- is happening.  Sounds like your wonderful family is helping by just being themselves.  What happy days they are when the kiddos are young and living at home!  My youngest will be thirty next month --- sigh ----.  Sometimes I see moms with young children in the grocery stores and am envious at their time of life.  So few seem to truly appreciate that it's a special time, here only once and gone too soon.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Those good days are what its all about.

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! I'm so happy for you. You had a great day and I can see you smiling through your post. Seized the day, you did. Praying for more great days to come for you and your family. Hugs.  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful day and especially taking a walk and holding hands.  I can't wait for some down time to do more things like that.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

you find joy in the small things which in the end, turn out to be the only things.
Marti

Anonymous said...

Aww..  I missed this entry for some reason..  I'm glad you had a good day!  Spring break ended a few weeks ago over here.  I can't wait until the kids are out of school again.. It makes my work week go so much better--I actually get to eat my lunch!  Hugs--hope all continues to go well this week!  Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a packed day, we have BK here too, but I am not sure what a chicken crown is though..... Do you hav ethe Angus burger? Now that IS good!
Gaz ;-)