So, again... the part of the basement that never flooded, that Hubby has broken his ass to begin to finish, has laid new flooring, framed and ran the wires for electric through, is flooding.
I don't want to bore you all with specifics but it is a nightmare.
To take my mind off of it, I did Cin and Russ latest questionnaire/meme.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Well, yes and no. My parents did give me a first and middle name to match theirs with initials. They are Darlene and Dennis and I am Dawn. I think Dawn came from the Franki Valli and the Four Seasons song 'Dawn Go Away, I'm No Good for You'
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Yesterday, I was still upset about the MRI thing and feeling really crappy from being held still for so long.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It is okay. I like my printing best.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes, 14 year old super kind, genius Hammer, 12 year old smart, sassy and sporty Fuzzy, and 10 year old piano prodigy dancing sweet Pumpkin Muffin.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I would.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? A lot no... but some!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I had them removed when I was 6 in 1971.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? To partially quote Cin, hella NO!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Honey Nut Cheerios.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope. I don't wear shoes or sneakers with ties anymore. Slip on Merrell's sneakers and mocassin style. Or clogs and sandals. Easy, super comfy and support the arthritic feet!
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Russ had the best answer for this: Sometimes I am a bloodthirsty Doberman from HELL and at other times I am a one-legged mutt puppy named "Lil' Brudder". Yep, that covers it for me, too. I had my bad ass moments... and if you mess with my family... that will rise to the surface again!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Haagen Daas Dulce du Leche or any of the Godiva ones...
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I think I notice demeanor first, like do they seem annoyed, hurried, stressed, kind, in pain... that kind of thing.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I guess that I can be too emotional and want to please people too much.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandma, Booga, and my Auntie Edna, who are all passed. I miss my friend Fred in AZ, and my family in IN, MN and GA. I also wish Kathy and Karol lived closer... yeah... everyone should move back to my town. That would be great! LOL
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Pink pj pants with yellow flowers, blue butterflies and lady bugs, and pastel rainbow striped Dearfoam slippers.
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? I just made 6 Nancy's frozen mini quiches and ate them. 2 Florentine, 2 swiss cheese, 2 montery jack cheese and jalepeno.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The not very good sound of the wet vac trying to stay ahead of the flooding in our basement.
21. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I would be a carnation pink.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Vanilla, my coconut cream body spray, babies after a bath. Homemade sauce cooking for pasta.... mmm....
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
I spoke to my cousin Karol yesterday afternoon about 2pm. She was checking on me after the MRI and filling me in on some stuff.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football and hockey and baseball. I love watching the Olympics too!
25. HAIR COLOR? Medium blonde, with some lighter blonde from a bottle mixed in.
26. EYE COLOR? Blue, with gray star effects around the pupil.
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Mostly contacts, when I rest my eyes, glasses.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? I could not possibly choose one! lol Maybe a box of dark chocolate Godiva.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I like action movies. Scary movies are okay if they have a happy ending.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Pirates of the Carribean, the first one... finally!
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? A grey tee shirt from an old company that my hubby used to work at that I like to sleep in.
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, I love snow, cuddling inside with a fire...
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Both, of course!!! Together is good.
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Flan, creme brulee.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? Don't Know Much About Mythology by Kenneth C. Davis
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one on the laptop, but on the desktop it is black with a gel wrist pad.
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Saturday Night Live with Hubby.
38. FAVORITE SOUND? The kids telling me they love me, playing together happily, singing and goofing around. Hubby's 'I love you's' rock, too.
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones more often than Beatles.
40. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I guess St. Maarten in the Caribbean or Northern Minnesota.
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I wish! Although, my Hubby would say yes... so I will leave you with that thought! lol
If you enjoyed... maybe you want to come play too!
Tags: noreaster, flooding, rain, basement, meme, questionnaire