No, don't leave though really!!! LOL
Here I am wide awake and stressed out a bit about the tests tomorrow!
What's an insomniac to do??? Why... do some memes, of course!
As an aside, Ellen asked what does 'meme' mean. It means an cultural emission, idea, song, quiz or tune, repeated in a media (now, mostly via blog), that provides an escape from whatever it is you are supposed to be doing. At least that is according to one googled website I found!
The Top Ten High School Related Memories
List ten memories that in your top ten directly related to high school. Not like something you did during that time, like a family vacation to Mexico. You can only list a vacation to Mexico if it was school sponsored. Concerts at the school are in, but concerts you went to during that time are out... you get the idea, right?
Okay... here are mine:
1. The Oliver Play. It was during my freshman year and it was the most fun of all the plays I did. I made a ton of friends, including the sister of my heart, Kathy, through that play!
2. The Guys and Dolls Play, and No No Nanette Plays, and all the play practices, and snacks at HoJo's after practice. (Howard Johnson's)
3. National Honor Society Induction in my junior year. Yes, it was a great honor, but the ceremony that my school did for the presentation was truly beautiful and moving.
4. The 1981 Senior prom, I was only a sophomore, but it was the best out of the 3 proms I attended. The prom song was 'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton. 5 or 6 girls had on the same dress that I did. I was the only one in powder blue, though. And, funny thing, Kathy had it on in white. We were not close yet then. There was definitely another one in white, and a few light pinks.
5. Getting egg sandwiches and coffee at B's Deli on my corner before getting on the bus there in the morning. I was so lucky, I walked down past three houses and there was the deli and the bus stop. What more could a teenager want in the morning! LOL
6. Getting mooned by Varsity Football time when I was a freshman! Yeah... that was great... good times, good times... <<<she said, while smirking and staring off into the distance, lost in the memory>>>
7. Going to football and hockey games. Flirting with the players, the guys from other schools... it was great!
8. The band concerts that were held at school on Friday nights at least once a month. My favorite by far was the one when my friend Pat G's band played. They covered The Who really well... 'Behind Blue Eyes' was Pat's signature song.
9. Lift the Latch... It was a gritty bar, just a half mile from the school, and probably the only place in NJ where you could get served in a Catholic school uniform. It got closed down soon after I graduated in 1983. No wonder, huh?
That meme made me think back on some memories I haven't thought of in oh, twenty odd years. Dang... sometimes it seems like yesterday!!!
C'mon and play!