I got this cartoon in an email this week, and laughed my butt off.... at myself!!
Aaaaah yes, the tears, the tears, they're a flowin... (to the tune of 'Danny Boy') (( scary, aren't I?))
I don't know why, but as this appointment with the neurosurgeon approaches, I am losing it more and more. I am getting more anxious, more 'in my head', which considering that is where they want to drill, probably isn't a good idea.
(cue the comedic drums) Ba-da-bum... ting!
In order to melt my mind, I have been playing Jewel Miner. I haven't been able to read much... which is annoying to me, but I am having a focusing problem.
Isn't the color of this text awful? It matched the cartoon... I do try to coordinate!
Okay, there has been this meme thingy going around where you tell 7 Things about yourself that no one knows. I do so many meme-ish things, I figure you all know everything already, but I do like a challenge and I need to keep my mind busy.
7 Things You Do Not Know About Me
1. Although, you all know I am a bit of an insomniac, you don't know that I have been this way since childhood. Yep. Somewhere right around age 8, it started. I would have an awful time falling asleep. Even in the perfect temp, with perfectly proper bed sheets, etc... It would take me hours. Many a night I pretended to be asleep when my parents checked on me at 11pm when they came upstairs to go to bed.
2. The toilet paper has to come over the top. Everyone here just knows to do it. If I go to your house and you have it the other way, I will switch it. Yes, I know... issues. feh... I could be worse... lol
3. I hate black ink pens. I will only use medium point, blue ink. Or other colors for fun, occasionally. You can always tell an original at first glance when done in blue ink.
4. I passed the test to join Mensa in 1983, but then found out that you had to pay to become a member. The nearest chapter to me then was in NYC, and I couldn't afford it so didn't join.
5. I can still remember my high school locker combination, 32-24-0, yet routinely will dream that I cannot remember it, and cannot get into my locker! It is a recurrent dream I have when stressed. I also will dream of being in high school and that I cannot find my way to my class or I lose my schedule... strange, I know.
6. I really like to gamble. I love roulette, slots, the wheel, Blackjack, poker games... all of it. I would love to enter a Texas Hold 'Em tourney someday! At 16 on a trip to Atlantic City with my parents, I was sitting and playing at a blackjack table for 2 hours, was served 2 free drinks, and walked away a winner! lol
7. I used my exeptionally good cleavage twice to get my friends and myself into very picky NYC night clubs, and out of the cold standing in line. Yes, cleavage, long blond 80's hair and blue eyes, will get you through the velvet rope! The first time was at the Limelight (it was a church converted into a club, very cool) for my 19th birthday. I became legal in NYC on that day, back then in 1984. The second time was at Studio 54 before it shut its doors for good. Men... @@
Okay... that is that! It took me a half hour to think of things I had not previously put in this blog! :-D
If you haven't played this one... you should!