It is Thursday, and thanks to Gretchen at Living in Savannah 2, I am remembering to feel thankful for the following things...
1. My kids. Even though they just acted like barely civilized chimps while eating lunch, they make me laugh... I love them so much. They are what keeps me pushing on.
2. My parents. Their help, support, and love, is giving me strength and getting me through these latest health crisises. No matter what your age, sometimes, you just want a hug from Mom!
3. My Hubby. He has been being my rock, dealing with all the technical issues that I don't want to deal with (read: doc appointment difficulties, etc.), and my moods. And, believe me, the last one may be the most difficult. Last night, I was crying over him calling while I was trying to get the kids into bed. I don't usually do the 'bedtime routine', but Hubby was out at a meeting.
(Yes, I know they are aged 10-12-14, but at bedtime they suddenly digress into 2-4-6 and we have to herd them like greased pigs, through teeth brushing, medicine taking, getting jammies, and into bed.)
Fuzzy just made me a coffee, bless his fuzzy head!
4. K and K. Kathy and Karol. Thank you. You are both great moms to your own boys, fabulous aunts to my kids, and wonderful support to me. Even if we don't speak on the phone, and communicate only through emails, I feel the love... the kindness... the caring.
5. Coffee. Yes, here it is, back on the list in its own special spot. Elixir of the gods, manna from heaven. Bless the natives who came up with the idea of pouring hot water over crushed beans. Today, with the rain we had, and the weather change, I am sore and tired, but the coffee it putting some zip in my step!
6. Libby, the yellow lab, Pumpkin and Tina, the cats. They provide their own style of comfort and support and distraction from all the crazy stress the world is giving right now!
Libby goes for two of her favorite things today, a car ride and to see the vet! Oh yes, she loves them! All the office help, the tech's, the docs... she licks and kisses and plays with them all. :-D She is such a happy dog!!!
I am leaving with the kids for the pediatrician's soon. Forms to be signed, ears and throat and cough to be checked, and a pneumonia vaccine shot to be given!
Then, back here, pick up Libby, drop off kids, and out to the vet's office!