Today is Thankful Thursday, which I missed last week, and do not plan on doing again!
Thank you Gretchen... Please go visit her over at Living in Savannah 2 .
The Things that I am Thankful for:
1. Fuzzy and his Baseball. The start of the season has provided the perfect distraction for me during all this health related stress. Fuzzy told me 'he isn't worried about the brain thingy, it will be fine.' Thank you, dear sweetie.
Last night, there was a scheduling snafu, and the other team didn't show, but instead, Hubby had the boys play a fun scrimmage game against each other. There was no stress for them, and they laughed and were silly. It was nice. Hubby pitched and an assistant was catcher, so the boys didn't have any of that to do, either.
2. My health. Hey, yeah, a brain tumor sucks, but it really is not the worst!!! No big C thankfully, and it isn't in grey matter at all. Good things.
Send prayers and positive thoughts over to Kim who is dealing with a recurrence of cancer please.
3. Connections. My dad was able to use his to get me an appointment very quickly (tomorrow am) with the MS specialist. Thank you, Dad. It is nice when the connections you make at work pay off when you are in need.
4. My mommy. No matter how happily married you are, no matter how many wonderful friend/sisters, or cousins you have, sometimes ONLY a hug from mommy will do. Thank you, Mom.
5. J-Land. What can I say? You are all awesome and really know how to rally around someone when they need it. Thank you very much! I appreciate it...
Since I missed last week... I am going with a long list....
6. Emails. You know who you are! The special few regulars that not only commented but sent me sweet, supportive and kind emails. Thank you.
7. Bill Gates. Yes, I am thanking him. If not for his vision and hard work, pc's and the internet would never have become accessible for us 'regular' people. Thank you. The medical information that I was able to access really helped me be prepared for when I spoke to the radiologist and got the results! I knew what she was saying, and I knew what questions to ask her. Instead of hours in a medical library (which I have done before, right Mom?) the info was in front of me and I was reading it in seconds.
8. Hammer. My eldest has been very overly protective, and doting on me. I have received great neck massages and wonderful cups of coffee. Every time I bang my toe/leg/arm on something, which is a lot, and say 'ow', he has been there... worried and ready to help. My sweet, little man. :)
9. Pumpkin. My little warrior princess has been quite protective of her mommy! She doesn't want anyone 'stressing my brain'!!! Bless her sweet heart! Thank you for all the extra special hugs, too.
10. Hubby. Obviously, this isn't easy for him either, and he has had to endure my emotional ups and downs and irrational crankiness at times, too. So far, he is doing pretty darn good! LOL Thank you, dear hon, and by the way, you are much better as my supporter than you are as a patient! @@ <--- Big eye rolls! Somehow, the universe is right when I am the patient and he is the rock.
Thanks for reading... I will be looking for your Thankful Thursday entries.
I didn't mention coffee... but you all KNOW that is a given, right?
I am doing better today. Thank you again, for all the good wishes. Nothing on the schedule today, which is nice. It is beautiful out, sunny, dry, and 67 degrees. Darn near perfect.
The kids will probably be playing outside right after homework is done until dinner and then maybe after dinner!
Oh, and after this entry I am going back to song titles again! I thought some of you would start saying who sang the titles in your comments... maybe someone will start now that I mentioned it. Some are newer songs, but most are 80's songs.
Oh by the way, BonJovi was on American Idol this week!!!!