It is Thankful Thursday!
Thank you, Gretchen, at Living in Savannah 2 for bringing this wonderful tradition into my life.
For those of you not familiar with Gretchen or her story, let me fill you in.
Last year, on the Friday before Memorial Day, the last day of school for her kids, Gretchen's middle son, Matt, age 11, was standing on the corner of their property and street waiting for his younger brother, Justin (now 8) to be dropped off of his bus.
Matthew was killed by a reckless driving neighbor, who lost control of his car and hit Matt.
Tomorrow, Justin and his older sister Caitlin (15) will come home from their last day of school, and Matthew will not be there. Saturday, is the One Year Anniversary of Matt's death.
As you can imagine... this is a tough time for Gretchen, her husband Ben and the kids. They are living every parents worst nightmare. And, yet they live on, with grace and strength unsurpassed.
In fact, the whole year has been filled with highs and lows. Gretchen completed her schooling, got her LPN license and a great new job; yet, Ben's dad crossed over to join Matt.
Please, remember to obey the speed limits posted in residential areas, and be safe this Memorial Weekend.
Please stop by Gretchen's blog at the link above and lend her support at this tough time.
My Thankful Things...
1. My kids, their smiles, their joy, their hugs and laughter.
2. My Hubby for his support and love.
3. My parents for their love, support and daily assistance in my health struggles.
4. My Kathy and Karol, sister of my heart and the best cousin around, you are both always there for me.
5. J-land & my email Loopies - your support and friendship give me strength and inspiration.