Is there a 12 Step program for meme's and quizzes? I just can't stop...
The Childhood Meme
1. Are you a child of the 70s, 80s, or 90s?
Well, I was born in '65 so, most of my childhood was in the 70's.
2. Where were you born?
In the same hospital my kids were born, very near to my town, Hackensack University Medical Center .
3. What kind of home did you grow up in?
It was a side hall colonial. Living room dining room, kitchen and breakfast nook on the first floor, 3 bedrrooms and bath up. It was built in 1906. It had a basement with a root cellar and an attic. The garage was originally a chicken coop. My parents bought it from the original owner. I live 2 blocks from it now!
4. Did you enjoy your childhood?
Yes, it was very quiet and typical 'white bread' middle class.
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Depends on my age, I started with medical doctor, then physicist, then Wall Street executive.
6. What do you want to be now?
A good mom to my kids, and someday, I would like to have a book of mine published.
Who knew that being a mom would be the best thing I am and the most fulfilling thing, too???!!!!
7. What was your first best friend's name?
Hmmm, the first was Matthew, I guess! Our mom's became friends when we were babies. They moved before school started and the friendship died. Then, my friend Fred, who I met in kindergarten and I am still friends with today. My best friend, Kathy and I met in high school, but didn't become close until I graduated in 1983.
8. Is she still your friend?
He and she... see above.
9. Can you name all the schools you ever attended?
I can, but I won't because my kids attend one of them now.
10. Were you closer to your mom or dad as a kid?
Both. Then, at the teen years, probably my dad. Then, back to both around age 20, when I got my head out of my butt and realized that I did NOT know everything.
11. What was the first record, tape or CD you remember buying?
Not sure it was THE first but the Grease soundtrack was definitely in the very first group!
12. How old is a good age to have kids?
Any age that you and your partner are committed to have them. Kids are a blessing, but hard work.
13. Are you scared of anything?
I guess it depends on what you mean; spiders, eww. But more seriously, something happening to my kids, hubby, parents, or even me (before I am done raising them).
14. What was your favourite class in elementary school?
Oh... everything. But, probably, science, reading and music the most.
15. Did you buy school lunch or bring your own?
A mix of both, somedays I brought my own, somedays, I bought school lunch.
16. Broken any bones or had any freaky accidents as a kid?
I tore all the ligaments and cartilage in my knee after playing Statue Tag, where you fling people and yell freeze. Oh, and there were many, many more... lol
17. Were you a mean kid?
Oh no. Not a mean bone in my body! lol
18. Favourite board game of all time?
Trivial Pursuit, although some would say it isn't a 'true' board game. I guess going by more traditional definition my favorite would be Scrabble.
19. Did you play house or pretend to be a super hero?
Both! I loved to play house, and occasionally, when the boys would no longer play house, I would play Bat Girl or Wonder Woman to their Batmans, Spidermans, and Supermans!
20. Seriously, are you still just a kid at heart?
I think in some ways, yes. I still love card games and board games. I love to play Scrabble and Yahtzee with the kids and other games, too!