Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Best Laid Plans...

The best laid plans...

Yesterday, the appraisal lady called to cancel.  Too cold and windy.  I agree, she walks from house to house, I wouldn't want to do it!  However, here I was up and waiting for her.

Then, I started thinking, why I am pushing myself today to do everything, when it is the worse day of the month for me?

So, I called, spoke to the assistant at the Children's Center, and rescheduled Hammer's appointment for his Asperger's visit, for next week.  I explained to her that with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus, this cold was just so nasty, and I wasn't feeling my best.  She was very understanding!

The orthodontist was a must.  All went well there.  Fuzzy doesn't have to be seen again, until after the rest of his baby teeth fall out and the new ones grow in.  That could take a year a two.  Hammer had rubber bands added to his daily regimen! 

To be honest, I was really worried.  Hammer has, in the past, struggled with fine motor issues.  Hooking these itsy bitsy rubber bands on the hooks, well, again, I was worried.

No need!  He did it two times with the orthodontist and ta da!  Piece of cake!  He got it down, easily and has been doing it perfectly since then!  Yay!

After the orthodontist, I took a vicodin for my elbow.  My left elbow was swollen, red, and painful.  My entire left arm, wrist, and hand was throbbing.  I rarely take a whole vicodin, but I needed it.  It did help, but I took another at 10pm and tried to sleep.

I had that fitful sleep where your dreams are strange and the pain wakes you every time you roll over until about 3am.  Then, after a bathroom trip at 3am, I conked out into a deep sleep until the alarm.

It took us 2 hours to fight our way into the city and to the hospital.  Three quarters of that was trying to get over the darn bridge.  There were accidents from slippery ice and snow this morning at the other highways, so everyone was on ours!  Ugh.

The snow left only about 2 inches, but it was messy and with the 15 degree temps, it was just right to foul up the morning commute.  My luck!  lol

My infusion of the Orencia IV went fine though.  After we got home I took a nap from 2 - 4pm.  I am still tired.  My elbow still hurts.  It should get better soon!

I am really behind on journal alerts, but I promise, I will catch up, but probably not until tomorrow!

be well,
Dawn

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

No No...don't unleash that fierce dog...here's a comment.

Please take it as easy as you can while the weather is so nasty. I'm glad all the teeth appointments went well. Now you go have a cup of coffee and relax!--Cin

Anonymous said...

So you and I are both drugged up good on vicodins?!! LOL!!!  It's amazing we can still type.  Hugs and hope you feel better.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((Dawn)))))))))) I am praying the orencia takes effect quickly dear.  I'm so glad you were able to put off part of the day's activities so it wasn't as harried.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to check on my friend & her life.  :)
Hope the rest of your week goes well.
Huggies, Sugar

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I'm tempted not to leave a comment so the little bugger can come home with me. I'm glad you decided not to push yourself and did some rescheduling. I hate the cold. Got any more vicadin for me? I'm beginning to believe my hands have gotten to the point that I need something for the pain. Today was unbelievable. I'm giving it a few more days, then I'm calling my doc if it doesnt subside somewhat. I hope your elbow and all your stiff joints start to feel all warm and fuzzy from the orencia. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing by not pushing yourself today.  You've got to put yourself first!!  I had a very "blah" feeling over me all day today.  I hate this cold I am sick of this snow and I want to go to a nice, warm beach somewhere, sit in the sun and read a book.  I won't be able to do that here for another 3 months or so.  (sigh)  I may not make it that long.

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

How much more can a person fit into one day?  Be careful with that Vicodin.  I know that you are aware it is addicting, but they say that for a reason, because it is.  Just be careful.  Sounds like the weather is not cooperating at all where you live.  We had our tax appraiser come on Monday.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

glad the infusion went well:) stay warm

Deb

Anonymous said...

I seriously don't know how you keep up with everything when you yourself are not feeling well.  You are truly a royal person!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you could reschedule that one appointment.
Also glad to hear that your infusion went well.
Wishing you peaceful sleep!

Hugs,
Gretchen
http://journals.aol.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2

Anonymous said...

Your sure do alot not feeling well.
Traffic was crazy here yesterday and very icy.
I hope your feeling good today.
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

feel better
Marti

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon........... Please, please don't let him off his leash ok?
Gaz ;-) lol