It is Thankful Thursday time again!
And thank you Gretchen, Living in Savannah 2 , for starting this lovely trend!
My Thankful things:
1. Hubby is doing okay. The pain has lessened considerably and he is on the mend. It could have been much worse. And, he hasn't been much more cranky than he was before he stopped eating.
2. Hammer's consideration and help. I know I included this last week, but, I have been having a really tough time, and the little things he does sometimes make my day. Today, after making me coffee, he stood behind me, played with my hair, and told me why I was the most beautiful mommy and woman in the whole world. How could I not feel better after that?
3. Spring weather has finally arrived! Today is only in the 51 degrees, as opposed to the 60's we had earlier, but it is sunny and clear and beautiful! Yay! <<no rain, shhhhhh>>
4. Baseball practice for Fuzzy's team starts today! Hubby is head coach, but he has two GREAT other dad's that are assistants and have been for the last 5 years. He will need the help today, since he isn't 100%, but Hubby is looking forward to this, also.
5. My parents and their help. It isn't supposed to be like this. I am supposed to be doing stuff for them, making their lives easier, right? But, no... here I am struggling, and they do so many things, so many little things and big, that make a huge difference in my life and that of the whole family, that I can't even begin todescribe it.
Most simply, I will say, they make it easier for me to be a good mom, and that means EVERYTHING to me.
Okay, now that I was a blubbering mess for a few minutes, I can now type again! LOL
I have a funny to share with you.
This winter Hubby started to wear white under shirts for the first time ever. When he would get home and change, he would leave on the white undershirt and put on sweats or flannel pj pants.
Finally, after about two weeks, Pumpkin looked at him and said, 'Dad, don't you think it is time for you to change your shirt? It has to be almost 2 WEEKS that you have been wearing that!'
Hubby cracked up, and it took him a minute to recover to explain to dear Pumpkin that every morning after his shower he put on a clean, new, white undershirt, NOT the same one each day!
The MRI that I have to have has been scheduled for April 20th, with the EMG following after. I may try to move it up sooner. Depends on how Hubby is doing.
ps... remember to send me a link to a journal entry for CarnivAOL!