Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday

That saying really touched me, for it is so true.

Russ, thank you for reminding me that there is no 'normal' and whatever kind of entry I place in this journal, you are here for me.

It is Thankful Thursday!  Thank you Gretchen for beginning this trend.  Visit Gretchen here Living in Savannah 2 she has some great news this week!

My Thankful Thursday things:

1.     All of my j-land friends, who are always there with support and a quick smile for me.

2.     My email Loopies, my guardian angels.  

3.     My new neurologist, who was wonderfully thorough and was also very caring and likeable.

4.     My Hubby finally made a doc appointment for himself to get checked out tomorrow afternoon.  He has had something intestinal going on since Monday night. 

5.     My Hammer being the most kind, considerate and thoughtful child, to the point of anticipating things to help me.  Last night, it brought me to tears as I kissed him good night and thanked him for all his help. 

6.     Coffee.  Although, Gretchen usually does 5 things, I am sure that adding more is okay.  And, you all know how I feel about coffee!

                          

Today is very spring-like here.  Which is nice, since it is actually spring!  It is 66 degrees and the snow is melting fast!  I don't know if winter has had its last hurrah quite yet, but just because it started late, doesn't mean it has to stick around late!

Oh, I should have added being thankful for Tivo!  Tonight the tv will be monopolized by March Madness Basketball again, and I am so happy that we have three or four shows to watch instead!!!  Yay!

Pumpkin had her final day of chess club today.  The club was a mix of levels of expertise in grades 4 - 8.  

Pumpkin qualified to play in the mid level intermediate tournaments.  She was to play today for 3rd or 4th position.  Her competitor and friend, couldn't go to chess today so Pumpkin automatically placed third.

My daughter, having such a sense of justice and fairness, felt badly that she was 'given' the place rather than earning it with the game win.   I told her to view it that she and her buddy both earned third!  With that, I got a smile.  

And, she needs to remember that she did in fact finish ahead of some 5th and 6th graders!  I am so proud of her!  Pumpkin worked really hard and learned a lot about chess!!!

be well,
Dawn

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow is finally melting here, yeah!! I hope it last, I'm so sick of snow. I love the brain your daughter has. So is so bright in more ways than just brains, she has a true empathy towards others as well. Speaking of coffee, I will have something in your email for you soon (winks) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I had two inches today, it went as fast as it came! Oh, maybe I should re phrase that. It snowed two inches!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

You mean you're not going to watch my KU Jayhawks win tonight??!!  Lousy Tivo!  ;)

Hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Go Pumpkin! And how did I forget about Thankful Thursday? I guess I slept through it.--Cin

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Pumpkin and to Dawn the proud mom of three wonderful children!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Love your thankful Thursdays!  You always find that silver lining.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

have a good evening


Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope your hubby is okay!  Why do men always wait until something almost falls off before they head to the doc?
hee hee
http://journals.aol.com/h0llyk911/WelcometoMyLife/
--Holly

Anonymous said...

I always have this respect for people who can play chess. It seems so intellectual.
My attention span was never long enough
Marti

Anonymous said...

I can remember playing chess tournements in Sixth Grade. Those were real fun.
Be well,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

aww thanks for mentioning me :)
Love your 5! I should add coffee to mine one time too,lol
Matthew use to love to play chess and taught Justin how to play. Of course I try and get beat everytime :)

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Love the 5!  Pumpking is really talented.  I can't play chess and have very little understanding of it except I know the ultimate conquest is the King.  De ;)