Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Moon and the Day

The Eclipse is over now!  It was kind of a slow tease in the beginning, but it was very cool!  I think I was more excited about it than the kids. 

Maybe, because as we get older, we appreciate the rarity and true beauty behind the magic and science that is our world. 

I was a bit awestruck when it was full and had the orangey glow.  Just gorgeous.

Anyhow, we are in the 'wait and see' mode with the basement.  Hubby dried up as much as he could and now we are going to see what happens as the floor dries; if there is any warping.  This is only the second time in 11 1/2 years that we have had water on that side of the basement.  :(

I went to Border's tonight with Pumpkin.  Amazing how all my children can burn through the books they read. 

We also stopped at Chef Central to buy the new Keurig B70 Single Cup Brewer .   

If you are thinking, but Dawn, you just got the Keurig B60 for your birthday in November, you are right, but here is the thing...

My mom is hooked!!!  She fell in love with the brewer and the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters -  K-cups!!!

So, mom is chipping in and taking the B60 upstairs and I will get the new B70 with the bigger resevoir for the water.  Very cool!

However, Chef Central only received one B70 which a sales man was just putting out and doing demo's with it!  He took my name and will call later this week when it arrives, which is awesome!  I also have a 20% off coupon, which rocks!!!  So, I will get the $200 maker for $160!  Yay!

Fuzzy had bowling today and he did the best ever!  His games were 91 - 109 - 100!!!  I am so proud of him.  He got his ball about a month ago as an early birthday present (because bowling ends in April) and he is really getting used to it, now!

I hope everyone in J-Land is having a fabulous weekend!  Maybe you all can blog about the eclipse, too!  They don't happen very often! 

be well,
Dawn

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good Sunday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I am going to try and see the eclipse now!!  Thanks for reminding me!  Julie

Anonymous said...

I read that the eclipse isn't visible out here in the west...nope couldn't see it. My husband called from Virginia and saw it over the ocean and said it was beautiful. I'm glad he got to enjoy it. We watched the last red eclipse together.
That is one serious coffee maker! Enjoy it.--Cin

Anonymous said...

I am so pissed , I wasn't sure what time Eastern the eclipse was suppose to occur, and when I did find out it was over. Ugh!! But I am enjoying hearing how much pleasure everyone had watching it. I'm young enough, I'll get another chance. I just brought a Cuisant Art Coffee Maker over the holidays it works the same as the
Keurig similiar system. It brews one cup at a time. I always hated drinking coffee that sat in the pot a few hours. And it's slightly less expensive than the Keurig. Seeing as I don't drink that much coffee that often it works for me. As a parent I'm sure it must be a proud moment realizing how much your children like to read. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I looked at your coffee maker on the web, it looks awsum, we have em in the UK, but not for the 11.5 oz cups. I would pee like a race horse if I drank that much coffee in one go......... I am glad it explained what a K cup was, I tthought you got bras and coffee machines mixed up. Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Be glad your kids love books!  I'm always a little awed when I'm in Border's and I see little kids having the time of their lives just being around words and books...it gives me hope for the future.

Russ

Anonymous said...

LMAO love the peacock funny lol
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

I knew nothing about the Eclipse ! We missed it.
That coffee machine sounds really cool.
My kids love to read to
(well, when my daughter isnt "fake" reading !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm hooked on my kcups too! Michael bought one for his house and then one for my house (when we lived separately) then when I moved in with him we gave mine to his mother. We send her little surprise shipments of coffee from time to time and it's fun to surprise her that way! Michael will also surprise me with little shipments... they are awesome! (thinking I may have a little afternoon cup now...)
I missed seeing the moon... :(
Was too busy with pillow time... ;)
Have a great Sunday!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
Unfortunately the eclipse was almost over when the moon rose over our eastern horizon.  It was more of an east-coast show.  That didn't stop us from having an eclipse party!
Smiles,
David

Anonymous said...

Oh snap!  I missed it!!  Oh small consolation that David said you couldn't see it.  Pooh, I wanted to see it!  Glad you did, hope the kids enjoyed it.  Have you gotten the new coffee maker yet?

De ;)

Anonymous said...

We had a huge cloud cover and snow once again which totally blocked our viewing the eclipse.  My daughter Becky lives in Pittsburgh, 50 miles south, and was tickled pink about it.  She's my scientist.  LOL...so you have you mom hooked on coffee...hehe...HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

I forgot all about it. I took the little girl I babysit to a party and I was watching 8 yearolds sing Kareoke at the time
Marti

Anonymous said...

dear Dawn, cute entry! have fun with your new coffee machine! nice graphics
love,nat