Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Countdown Meme

I snagged this Countdown meme from Heather over at  Tightening the corset    It was a lot of fun to do!  

10 states you've been to (other than your own):

1. New York - the city and the state!  I went to Lake Placid for my honeymoon!  Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame, Niagra Falls, West Point, Bear Mountain, the Catskills... I could go on and on.
2. Connecticut -  I love Mystic Seaport and the Nautilus Sub Museum in Groton!
3. Massachussets - I love Boston... great historical city, and a great college partying town in my 20's!
4. Rhode Island - Newport is the first vacation place Hubby and I went to when dating.  We went back alone several times and once for a week with the kids.  Great history, food and shopping!
5. Florida  - I LOVE Disney World!  And, Cape Canaveral rocks, too.
6. Pennsylvania - I love the Poconos!  I also love Philadelphia, a great historical place to visit with wonderful food and museums.  Gettysburg is also fabulous, especially for big history buffs like us!
7. Ohio - The Football Hall of Fame... need I say more?
8. Maryland - The inner harbor at Baltimore is incredible.  Great museums, food and history, all in walking distance.
9. Virginia - Arlington still puts in me in awe and I have been there about 4 times.  Mount Vernon, George Washington's home is amazing.  And Washington, DC also not to be missed in a lifetime.
10. Minnesota - Minneapolis/St. Paul, the origin of the Mississippi, the lakes, the people, the Mall of America.  My family... and my beloved grandma, now passed.  I have to mention the St. Croix river area, at Stillwater.  It is on the Wisconsin border, and is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
 
9 lasts:
 
1. Last dollar spent: Starbucks Venti Vanilla Breve Latte
2. Last tv show: 24 with Hubby last night
3. Last beverage: water from my Poland Spring cooler
4. Last movie: I watched The Illusionist with Pumpkin on Friday night
5. Last phone call: My friend Theresa last night.  I hate the phone.
6. Last Song Sang:  Highway to Hell by AC/DC in the car with Hammer about 2 hours ago
7. Last bubble bath: years ago in the Poconos with Hubby
8. Last time you cried: last night discussing some of my recent cognitive difficulties with Hubby
9. Last time you went on a date: two weeks ago when Hubby took me out to lunch alone on a Friday.
 
8 have you evers:
 
1. Have you ever dated a best friend: Yes
2. Have you ever skinny dipped: Yes, in a hotel room pool in the Poconos
3. Have you ever kissed someone & regretted it? No regrets!
4. Have you ever lost someone you loved: Absolutely
5. Have you ever been dumped: No
6. Have you ever been drunk and threw up: Yes, but only 2 times ever, once at 15 and once at 19
7. Have you ever ran away: No
8. Have you ever snuck out of your house: No
 
7 favorite restaurants in no order:
 
1. South City Grill
2. The Melting Pot
3. Acapella - NYC
4. Starbucks (what? they have food there!)
5. Houlihan's
6.  Longhorn Steakhouse
7. Ruth Chris Steakhouse - Weehawken
 
 
6 things you've done today: (in no particular order...)
 
1. Got out of the bed 
2. Made coffee
3. Drove Hammer to doctor appointment and back
4. Gave gifts to Fuzzy for his birthday & celebrated out at dinner
5. Had a heart to heart with Pumpkin about coping with worry
6. Did journal entry about Fuzzy for his birthday
 
 
5 of your favorite things in no order:
 
1. my family (immediate and the rest of them!)
2. my pets
3. COFFEE - COFFEE - COFFEE
4. writing
5. reading books
 
4 places you want to go:
 
1. To the Louvre Museum in Paris, France
2. Scotland, England, and Ireland (I see this as one trip)
3. Hawaii
4. Pacific Northwest
 
3 things that make you smile:
 
1. My kids; their hugs, their silliness, just them being themselves
2. My email and my journal and my online interactions
3. The dog and the cats
 
2 things you want to do before you die:
 
1.  Be published. 
2.  Have lots of grandchildren to enjoy with my kids!
 
 
1 thing that you cannot live without:
 
1.  Love. 
(And my family, coffee, my pets, my computer and books.)
 
                
 
I hope you had as much fun reading this as I did writing it! 
 
I did some of this before dinner, so when it is on the last tv show and what not, it was about yesterday... you get my drift...
 
If you decide to play, let me know so I don't miss it!!
 
be well,
Dawn

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool meme!  I learned more about you!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Learned a lot about you!  I don't think I'll be doing this one soon.  I've been way too grumpy lately!

Hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool and I like learning things about you. But Starbucks as a restaurant? Hmmm....
;-) Cin

Anonymous said...

I promise! Starbucks is a restaurant... they have an amazing fruit and cheese tray that I looooove!
*Hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

I love these as it's a good way to get to know each other.. i am going to do it..
hugs
lyn

Anonymous said...

Dawn,  I LOVE this. very cool. I couldnt even do 10 States, I dont think I've traveled that much !!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
What fun!!!!  I worked downtown Baltimore when Rouse built Harbor Place. I helped with the National Aquarium.  I wonder if our paths crossed????  
David

Anonymous said...

You've been to some interesting places in the states.  I'd love to see Mount Rushmore.  I've not done much traveling, got to Grand Canyon once during a hideous heat wave and stayed one night.  It was not enough to do the things I'd like to do lol.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Cool Meme Dawn---I snagged it too.  Take care!  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

cognitive problems?
Marti