A survey to keep the mind thinking other thoughts....
Feel free to play along!
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
Kathy or Karol.
2. If you had to kiss the last person you kissed, would you?
Yes, it was one of the kids!
3. Do you take compliments well?
Depends on the compliment, I suppose, but I guess so. I usually get embarrassed a little.
4. Do you play Sudoku?
Every once in a while. Pumpkin was on a kick of Sudoku for a while and I would be her 'check' person. lol
5. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
I would like to think that all of the educational shows I have watched and books I have read would save my hide. I think Les from 'Survivorman' has taught me well! LOL (Of course, that is without taking any of my chronic illness issues into account.)
6. Do you like tongue rings?
No. Awful looking, health risks.
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yes, with Girl Scouts. Having to pee in a wood shanty latrine with spiders and no sinks, really did NOT do it for me. It was the last time.
Some people consider it 'camping' when you got in those big beautiful well stocked RV thingys... but to me that is not 'camping'... that is RV-ing. LOL I could do that... but probably won't anytime soon.
8. How do you feel right now?
Hmmm, frustrated, nervous, a little angry, and tired, since I am not sleeping well. (basically like the picture below... thank you, Cin!)
9. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs?
Absolutely, and I did, back when I was in the dating pool. It is about mutual respect and tolerance.
10. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Oh yes, who doesn't, however, those days are long passed! Now, the only thing persuing me is a shameless yellow lab looking for scraps! LOL
11. Use three words to describe yourself at the moment.
Loving wife and mother.
12. Do any songs make you cry?
Occasionally, if I am in a mood.
13. Are you continuing your education?
Always. You should never stop learning, or stop the pursuit of learning. Ever.
And, the more I know the less I know. You know?
14. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
15. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grab?
Kids, hubby, parents, pets.
16. Who was the last person you shared a bed with?
After getting the kids up, ready, and driven to school, I went back to sleep with Pumpkin, the almost 12 year old black kitty, and Libby, the aforementioned yellow lab. We had a nice nap.
17. Favorite children's movie?
Ooooh so many... Sleeping Beauty, See Spot Run, Cats and Dogs, Toy Story, The Lion King.... the list goes on and on... I'll stop though.
18. What color are your eyes?
Blue, with rays of gray.
19. How tall are you?
20. Hair color?
Medium blonde, but with help, light blonde.
21. Any secret admirers?
I sincerely doubt it. Except for Russ and Gaz... really guys... no means no! LOL
22. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Oh yes, many, many times!
23. Do you like mustard?
Yes, all kinds as long as they are smooth. Don't do the gritty ones. Eww.
24. Do you look like your mom or dad?
Amazingly, both. And, I look very much like cousins from both sides of the family, enough so that I had been taken for their sisters at different times.
25. How long does it take you to shower?
Not long, probably 10 minutes.
26. Can you do a split?
I used to be able to do both a regular split and a russian. I was a good gymnast and dancer. <sigh> Those days are loooooooong gone.
27. What movie do you want to see right now?
The Pirates of the Carribean movie. Coming up I want to see the Transformers Movie and the New Die Hard movie! How could I not... girl of the 80's that I am! Bruce looks smokin' hot in the commercials! I was impressed!
28. What did you do for New Years?
Went out for a yummy dinner, and then had 2 couples and their kids over for snacks, dessert, drinks and to watch the ball drop!
29. Do you like egg nog?
Yes, I do. A lot. Yum.
30. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
8 - 10 would be nice...but it is usually less if I add up all the awake time.
31. Do you know how to whistle?
Yes, but not the kind using your fingers, too.
32. What do you buy at the movies?
Usually a seltzer water and some popcorn.
33. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, I learned Stud and Draw poker as a kid from my dad, and I learned Texas Hold 'Em a few years ago.
34. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Always, unlike our stupid dang NJ governor!!!! (Although, I did say right from the start that he had better do a free public service announcement, and he did. It started playing on the tv and radion before Memorial Weekend.)
35. What do you wear to sleep?
Just a tee shirt. If I get real cold, I will put on pj pants and socks.
36. Anything big ever happen in your town?
Not really. We did have a tv special done about our town about twenty years ago because of its 'volunteer' spirit. I think that is about it.
37. Is your hair straight or curly?
Neither, more like wavy. I usually straighten it.
38. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Funny, or I would have been in a straight jacket long ago being married to my Hubby.
39. Ever been to L.A.?
No, and it really isn't that high on my list of places that I want to go to, either.
40. Ever been out of the U.S.?
Yes, but only the Carribean and Canada,so far.
41. Do you hate chocolate?
This question scares me. Are there actually people out there who answer 'yes'? <<<shudder>>>
42. Are you a gullible person?
Hmmm, some may say yes, because I like to think the best of people first.
43. Do you wear glasses? Contacts?
Yes, mostly contacts, except when my eyes need a rest, then glasses.
44. Do you have socks on right now?
No, but I do have on my multicolor pastel slippers with the cushy insides! LOL
45. Are you easy to get along with?
I think so, and I have been told so in the past.
46. What is your favorite time of day?
I don't really have one. I like the morning when it is just Hammer and myself and I am having my first cup of coffee. I like the afternoon when Fuzzy and Pumpkin are home and playdates and fun is happening. I like at night after the kids go up to read and sleep, because that is my alone time with Hubby. And, I like times like now when everyone is sleeping except for me, because it is just me time.
47. Do you like pink?
I like the color and the singer!
48. Do you like babies or toddlers better?
I love babies. Before they start crawling away from you... I just love that time of sweetness, you are their whole world, and they are yours. Just such a wonderful fleeting time.
49. Any pets?
One dog, two cats, one hamster. Three kids, one hubby. Two parents. 'Nuff said.
50. What's your favorite month?
November... my birthday, anniversary, my mom's birthday, and my favorite brisk fall weather.
51. What gives you the most joy?
Easy... my kids.
52. Favorite music?
I guess, pop and rock, and most anything from the 80's. I like all kinds of music though, some country, punk, dance music, classical, metal, blues, jazz... all of it.
Okay... that's it! I am going to do some reading after taking a 'sleepy time' pill. Hopefully, it will calm my nerves and I can zonk out.
7am will come soon and I have to get the kids up and going!